shape
carat
color
clarity

Year one wedding anniversary gift - our dream setting!

sumifly

Rough_Rock
I can't believe it's been over a year since my first (and only?) post here! I figured I should drop by, as DH and I just celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary in August, and my gift arrived just this week! We collaborated to create a forever setting for our stone... something that would bring together our two favorite styles (vintage and modern).

After seeing a friend's floating halo ring, I was immediately enamored and knew that I wanted vintage frame as my detached halo. We worked with a very sweet jeweler in NY and came up with just the right blend of old and new world glam, and my stone was set over the weekend. Although I'm still getting used to the size, I'm very pleased with the final piece, and it truly looks like a piece of treasure on my finger!

Thanks for taking a look, and happy Monday to everyone!

fullsizerender.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty and different! So glad you are happy with it!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet! Really cool- it reminds me so much of the 'belt buckle' Singlestone settings I drool over. Completely vintage and so 'now'. Awesome, your jeweler did a great job. Enjoy and wear in good health!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your dream setting!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congrats on getting your dream setting - would love to see more pics!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! Who's the jeweler? Will you wear a band with it or no? Congrats & enjoy (a few more pics would be much welcomed)!

sumifly

Rough_Rock
Thank you!! :)

It’s from Serenede Diamonds and I worked with Lauren; she was very sweet and patient with me and my limited knowledge of how to explain just what I wanted. I know the style isn’t for everyone, and I’ve gotten some weird looks or stares from people, but it grows more on me every day and I just love it.

And the wedding band question yes and no. Unfortunately I can’t wear my actual wedding band with it because it gets lost beneath the halo of the ring since it’s set so far out. DH and I planned for the halo to look like a flattened out version of my wedding band (it’s just a simple milgrain eternity band) so that the symbolism would be that my wedding band was surrounding my engagement diamond. So in a way I kind of get to wear my set all in one.

Thank you for your kind comments, and I will post some more photos too!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that idea of it being y our ER with the wb surrounding it! Creative!

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Happy anniversary! Your ring is lovely, with such sweet symbolism as a combo of your wb/er.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results