shape
carat
color
clarity

Woohoooooo!! my ETERNITY DIAMOND ring is finally here!!!

BigPhilly808

Rough_Rock
Woooohoooooooooo!!!! Its here! its here :appl: i can't believe its finally here! :appl:

Wow...this seemed like such a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong journey! I think if it wasn't for pricescope it definately would've been a shorter one, but i KNOW i wouldve been screwed in the process hahahahaha...so a big MAHALO NUI LOA!!! (Thank you VERY much! in Hawaiian) goes out to all my pricescope ohana(family) :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: another especially big MAHALO goes out to everyyone @ ETERNITY DIAMONDS, especially Yoni!!! He made this stressful & very important decision so much easier for me :D If anyone has doubts about working with them, please don't cross them off your list before emailing or calling them...i know when I first started this hunt I was very very hesitant about making such a large purchase online & didnt see too many reviews about them here on PS....but their TryItBeforeYouBuyIt program & their pricing is what really sold me :bigsmile: so glad to see so many recent post by other PSers about working with Yoni & ED...they really deserve it!! I cant say MAHALO enough :bigsmile:

Ok....on to the main event!!!! Center stone: GIA; Triple EX; 0.95ct; VS2; J; No flour
Esther Split Shank Halo Setting: Platinum; accents diamonds are G-H

I was a little worried about the halo since the stone is a J...but so far in the lighting ive seen it in there doesnt seem to be much of a difference to me...i can see it a little but not too crazy...I opened the the box & i literally stopped breathing!! hahahahahahaa....the 2 co-workers I showed it too are in love with it too!! wooohoooo....Ill try to get some outdoor lighting shots tomorrow, I had to wait till everyone left the office so the pics were taken in the late afternoon by the window at my job...enjoy :bigsmile:

ring 003EDIT.jpg

ring 006EDIT.jpg

ring 007EDIT.jpg

ring 009EDIT.jpg

tobydog

Rough_Rock
Oh wow! It looks SO good! I'm so glad you received it...hopefully I will be joining you in posting soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous.

BigPhilly808

Rough_Rock
a few more pics :)

on too getting the proposal...i have 2 that i was thinking of doing not set in stone yet...maybe a little feedback if possible...

Option 1 - There is a lighthouse hike that we used to always go on with an AWESOME view that overlooks the windward side of Oahu...you can see all of Waimanalo & parts of Kailua along with a few smaller islands in the background. There are a few places along the hike I was thinking might be great places to propose. Fist spot would be at the whale watching area that has binoculars to look for whales. I was thinking of either getting a huge sign made & placing it below or on the side of the mountain...OR pretending to see a whale and when she goes to look in the binoculars I will hold the ring/box in front to block her way...Other spot I was thinking of doing it was at the very top where you can oversee the island since it overlooks the area she grew up in(Waimanalo) and the place when we plan to spend our life...

Reasons not to choose this: She is a very private person & might get embarrassed :shock: since its a pretty popular hike there probably be alot of people around even if we go in the evening, & recently they found 2 bodies of people who had drowned/fallen into the ocean below...YIKES...we also haven't done this hike in a long time & whenever i tried to get her to go recently (so shes not suspicious of us going on the hike when I propose) she didnt want to go...so I kinda think this one is out...but still not sure LOL...

Option 2 - we HAVE been going on walks in the evening along the beach a little ways down the road from where she lives...so i was thinking about going down a little earlier hiding some champagne, chocolates, strawberries & roses...then write a message in the white sand using black stones...I was gonna set it up a little ways from where we start so we will "casually" walk up to the message in the sand...i think this idea would be great because so far we haven't see more then 3 people when we've gone so I know it should be more private then the lighthouse walk...plus this beach is one of the first places we used to hang out when we first met over 10years ago...so it has alot of great memories already...

Reasons not too: someone might come & destroy my rock message & steal my goodies before we get there!! hahahahaha...

any thoughts on these?

ring 011EDIT.jpg

ring 012EDIT.jpg

ring 005EDIT.jpg

ring 001EDIT.jpg

BigPhilly808

Rough_Rock
Hey Marcy &Tobydog...thanks!! its definately prettier then I thought it was gonna be lol... TobyDog i can't wait to see pics of yours!!

tobydog

Rough_Rock
I vote for option two--with the suggestion that you get someone to help you set up everything so that you'd be less stressed out about someone ruining the set up. You could text your helper as your are leaving on your walk so they know to scatter before you approach. Congrats again and good luck with the proposal!

nadiamo

Rough_Rock
BigPhilly808|1296708675|2841587 said:
a few more pics :)

Option 2 - we HAVE been going on walks in the evening along the beach a little ways down the road from where she lives...so i was thinking about going down a little earlier hiding some champagne, chocolates, strawberries & roses...then write a message in the white sand using black stones...I was gonna set it up a little ways from where we start so we will "casually" walk up to the message in the sand...i think this idea would be great because so far we haven't see more then 3 people when we've gone so I know it should be more private then the lighthouse walk...plus this beach is one of the first places we used to hang out when we first met over 10years ago...so it has alot of great memories already...

Reasons not too: someone might come & destroy my rock message & steal my goodies before we get there!! hahahahaha...

any thoughts on these?

vote for option 2! I wish my bf did that for me, ha ha! congrats on the beautiful ring!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe congrats on choosing a gorgeous ring BP!!

You're so excited, I'm smiling reading your posts :bigsmile: Good luck with the proposal! I vote #2 too - sounds much more private and intimate ::)

BigPhilly808

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1296710341|2841608 said:

You're so excited, I'm smiling reading your posts :bigsmile: Good luck with the proposal! I vote #2 too - sounds much more private and intimate ::)

Yssie!! your post are always so imforamtive...i learned so much from what you have shared on PS...I couldnt remember everyone who helped me through this journey...BUT i definately remembered you& your sleeping kitty pic :lol: thanks for your help!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aww, thank you - and definitely looking forward to handshots!

if only that kitty was as sweet awake as he is asleep.. ;))

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1296710341|2841608 said:

exactly this-I couldn't help but smile also! and the ring looks great :) I like the 2nd idea for the proposal also

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful, she'll love it!

I also like proposal idea #2!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
It's so gorgeous, even more so knowing you've put so much effort and thought into the ring. I think #2 is so romantic, please show us how it looks on her hand. Can't wait for my ED ring, hope it looks as gorgeous as your fiance's! Congratulations in advance :appl:

tannet

Shiny_Rock
that's a beautiful ring! i love how it has a slightly lower profile than most other halos...at least it looks to be that way in the pic. good luck with the proposal. i really like option #2...i think it's very romantic!

lokelani

Rough_Rock
Big Philly!!! AAAH It's amazing!! I am SOOO excited for you! CHEEEhoo!! :lol: :bigsmile: :appl:

Oh my gosh okay I have the solution to your proposal dilemma! :D Have a good friend or relative of hers standing guard at the spot where you have your setup (and the goods, lol) and THEN when you actually propose, they can take pictures!! My FI had my best friend with us at the time and she took so many pictures that are absolutely priceless to me -- I was so incredibly grateful that she was there to capture everything!! Do you think that could work out for you? They wouldn't have to stick around, maybe just take the pictures, toast the champagne with you guys, then let you be for the evening. Heck, I'll do it if you want, if you share some of those strawberries, LOL! :lol:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks lovely and I'm so glad that you had a good experience with Yoni at ED! Thanks for sharing your new sparkly!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it!! And proposal #2 is awesome!!! Best of luck!!!! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful and perfect BigPhilly! I vote for option 2, it sounds wonderful! Congratulations, and best wishes for a happy life!
Thanks for sharing with us! Your girl will love it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! :love: And like the others, I like #2 with someone there to guard things til you get there!

rockclimber

Rough_Rock
Congrats BigPhilly, the ring looks beautiful, and I'm sure your girl will love it....another vote for option #2 here....keep us posted! Lynn

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Great job! :appl:

I like the "walk on the beach" proposal, myself. ::)

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! And I LOVE your enthusiasm about the proposal! :love: I will echo the others on choosing proposal #2! That sounds amazing!!!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not a huge halo fan, but I love that ring. The profile is just perfect.
Oh, and proposal #2.

BigPhilly808

Rough_Rock
Awwww you guys!!! thanks so much for your great ffedback & comments....sorry it took so long for me to reply, but I was busy with getting the proposal ready and all!! Coudln't have done it with out all of my PS family!!!

@ Lokelani....hahahahaha you are too funny!!! i ended up finding a perfect "goodie" watcher so it worked out perfectly!! Btw...i ended up getting the ring appraised by

Sandra Boyle-Dougherty's from ASSOCIATED GEMOLOGICAL SERVICES, LLC...I found her on the appraiser portion of PS....she was absolutely wonderful to work with!!! I would highly recommend working with her...especially since her office was right in town on Bishop Street when you get off the Pali & head into Downtown Honolulu...she did the appraisal right in front of us(my fiancee was there)...and was SPOT on with evaluation...she was amazed that I got the setting & diamond online...it was appraised @ a little more then double what I actaully paid!! Wooohooooo!! :appl: :appl:

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
Your ring turned out beautiful! I'm so glad you had a great experience with Yoni because I've been talking to him about building my 3 stone ring. I am so nervous about purchasing online. Hopefully, I can join you soon to post pics and write a great review. Congratulations! What a lucky gal!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results