shape
carat
color
clarity

Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
thanks for the advice, I think you are right, it will be better to surprise her with the Tiffany e-ring, I will save the "blue-box experience" for now...

well I must go, I am going to the library, got to get some books for an essay
emsad.gif
, but whilst I am passing through town I will pop in the few nice jewelry stores, see what they have
emsmile.gif
I will let you know what I decide, though I doubt I will buy anything today, unless I see something perfect
30.gif
lol

bye for now, thanks for the advice

- forgot to add, she doesn't / can't wear ear-rings or necklaces, cos of allergies (I am not sure if platinum would be ok...), she can only wear platinum rings and platinum bracelets. I will have a look at the bracelets they have

thanks again for the advice

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
That''s funny, because that is actually the promise ring I got from my dearest! He had another ring at Tiffany''s in mind first, but my friend convinced him this one was understated and elegant. Honestly, I thought it was lovely (heavy), but also people kept asking me if it was my e-ring...and no offense, but the diamond is QUITE small, so even if it''s Tiffany''s (which only she''ll know really), it''s sort of a sad version of an e-ring IMHO... Plus it''s technically a stackable ring, and IS much cuter with two or three sapphire versions all put together...

Instead when I got it, we swapped it out for a lovely classic ring that HE had first chosen, and we ignored my friend''s recommendation. Here''s the ring we chose instead, because it was substantial, beautiful and not so darned heavy! We also figured that it would be easier to wear as my RHR, than the other one, since it was a bit puny in appearance (but you pay for the Platinum)...

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/item.aspx?c_id=WEB1&c_it=67H2&CategoryID=14&start_id=31&

thankyou nicrez, I was worried that cos it is a diamond, it might be a little engagementy (is that is a word...), for that reason I resolved to make sure to put it on her right hand so there would be no confusion... your experience just confirmed that they would! that is good to know, I am very relieved
emsmile.gif

so thankyou nicrez and michela, you both gave very good reasons why not to get that ring - confirming my own doubts

ok, well I really really really must go!!! I will look for a nice platinum ring with heart-cut pink sapphires, I know she will love it
thanks again, you''ve both been a great help
emteeth.gif

p.s. I will try my best to get some good pics
emsmile.gif

Pricescope, we have a problem
emsad.gif

they simply won''t do pink sapphires in platinum

went to one store, no joy. went to another, they only have diamonds, went to another they said it would have to be custom made and then started using scary words like "ring design fee", "50% deposit" and mentioning prices in excess of a £1000 ($1800), so I went to the next one, they had none, but they made me feel comfortable and got me a book to flick through, there was a white gold, two 0.05c diamond ring (retail £66 - $120 - seemed very cheap...) that I liked, asked if they could do it in platinum with pink sapphires, so she phoned their manufacturer and they said nope, they won''t do semi-precious stone in platinum
emsad.gif

I did like it too... design was like this http://64.80.137.58/prodimages/Szul/0177-RGF3427.jpg but with two small diamonds instead of one - but I actually prefer it with just the one...

also, before we knew they didn''t do it in platinum, I asked if they could do it with a heart-shaped pink sapphire, and the guy said no
emsad.gif
that it just wouldn''t work

I didn''t think til I was on my way home that my gf may not be allergic to silver. so, assuming she isn''t, would silver be a good option? what is the quality like?

if it can be good quality, I will see if I can something similar to the above bypass ring (see how I''m learning
face9.gif
lol) but in silver, with a pink sapphire

any thoughts?

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2004 1:27:12 PM
Author: i_like_tiffany_please_dont_hate_me
emsad.gif

went to one store, no joy. went to another, they only have diamonds, went to another they said it would have to be custom made and then started using scary words like ''ring design fee'', ''50% deposit'' and mentioning prices in excess of a £1000 ($1800), so I went to the next one, they had none, but they made me feel comfortable and got me a book to flick through, there was a white gold, two 0.05c diamond ring (retail £66 - $120 - seemed very cheap...) that I liked, asked if they could do it in platinum with pink sapphires, so she phoned their manufacturer and they said nope, they won''t do semi-precious stone in platinum
emsad.gif

I did like it too... design was like this http://64.80.137.58/prodimages/Szul/0177-RGF3427.jpg but with two small diamonds instead of one - but I actually prefer it with just the one...

also, before we knew they didn''t do it in platinum, I asked if they could do it with a heart-shaped pink sapphire, and the guy said no
emsad.gif

I didn''t think til I was on my way home that my gf may not be allergic to silver. so, assuming she isn''t, would silver be a good option? what is the quality like?

if it can be good quality, I will see if I can something similar to the above bypass ring (see how I''m learning
face9.gif

any thoughts?
Funny, I have a bracelet identical to that!
diamondbracelet1.jpg
:)

BraceletOn.jpg

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove love love these earrings
30.gif

CushionLtYellPair.jpg
1.46cts. Fancy yellow without being too bright.
30.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going to add this to my wish list--black titanium with offset princess-cut pink sapphire. And it''s cheap enough I might even see it within the next few years!! :)

titaniumpinksapph.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2004 7
6.gif
8:42 AM
- forgot to add, she doesn''t / can''t wear ear-rings or necklaces, cos of allergies (I am not sure if platinum would be ok...), she can only wear platinum rings and platinum bracelets. I will have a look at the bracelets they have

My sister, my mother, my brother, and I are all allergic to nickel. My mother and sister can''t even wear "nickel-free" jewelry you can buy, although I can. However, my sister has her tongue and belly-button pierced, and she wears surgical steel body jewelry with absolutely no problems. As long as the metal is "surgical quality", she''s safe. So, if your girlfriend is allergic to nickel to the extent that she cannot wear earrings or necklaces, I would advise AGAINST white gold. It is apparently very difficult to find nickel-free alloys of white gold in the US. Also, platinum is famous for being great for people with metal allergies, and titanium is another potential metal for you to try. Interestingly, my sister can''t wear necklaces, earrings, or have the metal rivets on the inside of her jeans touching her skin, but she can wear rings of all kinds without an allergic reaction. It depends on the person and their particular sensitivities.

Why won''t they do pink sapphires in a platinum setting?? Just because they don''t have them ready made? I''d post a question about this in another forum, maybe colored stones, asking for the input of jewelers specifically. Or email whiteflash or GOG or somebody else on here. Personally, I don''t see why this would be any more different than getting a heart-shaped diamond in a ring, unless you''re going for a tension setting (is that a tension setting??) or some other non-traditional setting. You could check out the promise rings on the Zales website for ideas too.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... Is there a Thanksgiving fairy or something I could bribe for these?

Platinum Six-Prong Solitaire Setting with a 0.43-Carat Round Diamond (both Blue Nile)

RG00000800_RD_50_zoom.jpg

Platinum Channel-Set Diamond Band (1/4 ct. tw.)

AB03500300_zoom.jpg

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2004 4:28:41 PM
Author: goldengirl
We''re going to add this to my wish list--black titanium with offset princess-cut pink sapphire. And it''s cheap enough I might even see it within the next few years!! :)
Goldengirl - I like that. How different! If you don''t mind me asking, where did you see that?

ANMdiamonds

Rough_Rock
2.gif
Goldengirl I love that ring too!
36.gif
I found this one a while back........I really like the black titanium bands. It''s something different!
12.gif

TitaniumSet.jpg

ANMdiamonds

Rough_Rock
3.gif
Here is one that I found that is close to the one you found............

TitaniumSet1.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2004 4:28:41 PM
I love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
The pink and black together look so nice!

ANMdiamonds

Rough_Rock
I found some at mysimon.com
35.gif

I did a google search for them and that web site came up. I hope that helps!
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here's what's on my wish list now:

I Wish I Could See Reena's new Bling Bling!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
everybody-- I found mine at titanium-jewelry.com. I also like the diagonal-slash tension setting. I keep trying to convince FI2B to go with the diagonal slash since it's more stylish, but he likes the straight slash better. No accounting for taste.
2.gif

He likes this for his w-ring:

titaniumjewelrydotcom.gif

Edited to add: ANM--I love those scatter rings too!!!
3.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Goldengirl. I am loving those. Will check out. I love the pink and black.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2004 2:26
6.gif
3 PM
Author: sevens one
here''s what''s on my wish list now:

I Wish I Could See Reena''s new Bling Bling!
Me toooooooooooooo
face14.gif
I hope she gets back soon!!!!!!!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2004 10:16:30 PM
everybody-- I found mine at titanium-jewelry.com. I also like the diagonal-slash tension setting. I keep trying to convince FI2B to go with the diagonal slash since it''s more stylish, but he likes the straight slash better. No accounting for taste.
2.gif

He likes this for his w-ring:

titaniumjewelrydotcom.gif

Edited to add: ANM--I love those scatter rings too!!!
3.gif
I LOVE how different that is!!
36.gif
It looks a lot like carved onyx.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I like this one too
1.gif

titanium-rings_1814_3299475

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2004 1:27:12 PM
emsad.gif

went to one store, no joy. went to another, they only have diamonds, went to another they said it would have to be custom made and then started using scary words like ''ring design fee'', ''50% deposit'' and mentioning prices in excess of a £1000 ($1800), so I went to the next one, they had none, but they made me feel comfortable and got me a book to flick through, there was a white gold, two 0.05c diamond ring (retail £66 - $120 - seemed very cheap...) that I liked, asked if they could do it in platinum with pink sapphires, so she phoned their manufacturer and they said nope, they won''t do semi-precious stone in platinum
emsad.gif

emsad.gif

face9.gif

any thoughts?

If she''s not allergic to it I see no problem with silver. If they won''t set semi-precious stones in platinum I''m sure they''d set them in silver no trouble, and it would also save you a bit of money on the setting. If she''s not allergic that probably sounds like a great idea.

Some of the titanium rings people have posted recently are very pretty and have pink sapphires. If she''s not allergic to titanium that might also be a possibility.

The coloured stones forum is probably a great place to post some questions about pink sapphires and maybe others have posted some pics so you can get more ideas? And maybe have a look at buying it online?

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Oooh. I really want my fiance to get a black titanium w-band. I think they are really sexy!! But he wants white gold to match me.. silly boy.

I know that I''m definitely getting w-band for me with some form of diamonds in it. I had thought I wanted a plain band, but they look just awful with my e-ring.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
MS, that''s too funny--I want mine to have WG to match me, and he wants black TI cuz it''s sexy.

Trade you.
2.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock

My newfound lust. The ELARA diamond. Told the BF that the eternity band is calling my name for the 10yr anniversary.

elara2.JPG

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock

The lovely 3 stone version.

elara1.JPG

ok... well for some reason I can''t copy and paste a pic... but I like this ring as a promise ring for my gf, before I can get an engagement ring next year - http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10051&categoryId=2013 it is the bottom one of the two biggest pics, the oval pink sapphire with diamond channel setting, I think it is silver, unfortunately I can''t find it on the site... I will go to the b&m store Monday see if it is there

I will look at what else they got, but it has to be silver and it has to be pink sapphire and it has to be gorgeous. ideally it would be heart-cut. also, cos she lives in America and I live in UK (at the moment) I am going to get it engraved with, "I''m with you always" (if it''ll fit!)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

jewellery_section_dress.jpg

I just learned to do this today! TaDaaaaaaaaaaaaa

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results