shape
carat
color
clarity

Who hasn''t taken their wedding band off since their wedding day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Hello! I am over a year out from my wedding day, but already am torn between getting a plain platinum band (thin, around 2mm) or a diamond band.

My mom has a plain engraved platinum band that she has worn since she got married, 30 years ago. I have very sentimental side that loooooves the idea of never taking the w-band off once it''s on my finger. But, I also love the sparklies of a diamond band!

Please let me know, who out their hasn''t taken their w-band off since their wedding date? And what kind of band do you have?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Depends on what you mean by "never," I guess: I''ve taken it off of one hand to transfer it to the other, but apart from that, it''s been on 24/7 for almost a year. I''ve got a scattered diamond band, which seems like a good compromise to me: it''s a little blingy, but I don''t have to baby it the way I do my eternity.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
not me, i grew out of my original band and since it has engraving all the way around it can longer be sized, i think if i had it to do over i would have gotten a small thin band and then you could wear it all the time and it would be easy to size no matter how much you gain or lose.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I take mine off all the time. Does that make me a bad wife?
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I take mine off too.. I slept in my ering the first night I had it and scratched my face to heck and gone...
20.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I became obsessed with never taking my wedding ring off. In the end it worried me so much that I took it off! I was trying to keep it on my finger since my husband put it on but it got out of hand!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Since I''m not married, I''ll nominate my mother.

She married my father 32 years ago and her wedding band only comes off when she bakes bread (pretty obvious reasons!). Since she makes wonderful bread, the family has decided she should make the sacrifice
2.gif

Her band is a very thin (I think 1mm) silver band.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
I took mine off right after our wedding dinner. Haven't worn it since. DH is the same.
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 4:21:50 PM
Author: lovegem
I took mine off right after our wedding dinner. Haven''t worn it since. DH is the same.
9.gif
Do you wear any ring at all on your wedding finger, like your engagement ring? Or are we talking as in no diamonds? Naked finger???

EmptyLeftHand

Shiny_Rock
A friend''s mum had never taken her wedding ring off. When she needed an x-ray of her hand - that finger in particular, she still wouldn''t take it off and got the radiographer to take 2 x-rays. One with the ring on fully, then she moved it up her finger a bit so they could get the base in the x-ray! That''s pretty extreme though!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I''m not married yet but my wedding band will be a 2mm platinum band with no engraving on the outside, just our initials and/or wedding date on the inside. I don''t plan on ever taking it off except if medically necessary, or if I ever need to get it sized. However, I also plan on getting a thin diamond band to stack with my e-ring and w-band, for the added bling. Best of all worlds!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I have a diamond band and a plain band and I play around with all of my rings. Today I''m wearing my haloed garnet on one hand with the diamond band and my e-ring on the other. DH "consecrated" both bands symbolically and says he doesn''t mind so long as I''m wearing at least one of the bands in whatever combo!

I take my rings off a lot because my fingers swell up when I''m sleeping.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 4:45:54 PM
Author: Octavia
I''m not married yet but my wedding band will be a 2mm platinum band with no engraving on the outside, just our initials and/or wedding date on the inside. I don''t plan on ever taking it off except if medically necessary, or if I ever need to get it sized. However, I also plan on getting a thin diamond band to stack with my e-ring and w-band, for the added bling. Best of all worlds!

What a great idea! I think I will use your suggestion. A thin band for everyday, never-leave-my-finger wearing and then something sparkly. Now to convince FI....
17.gif

gemgaga

Rough_Rock
I take my rings off first thing when I get home from work. I am obsessed with keeping them clean and have been since the beginning - and through four upgrades. (I still have my original wedding ring that my husband put on my finger during the ceremony.)

But... I never, ever, leave the house without them!

pixie1216

Rough_Rock
i took mine off right after our vows, hubby put it on the wrong finger!!!
20.gif
my "real" wedding band is a thin 2mm? maybe 2.5mm white gold comfort fit plain band. i have three other diamond bands that i wear with it, not all at the same time
28.gif
! the diamond bands all have a different look, one is about 1 carat shared prong, the other is a smaller carat antique band, and the newest is a channel set baguette. i take my rings off all the time, but i always wear something out of the house.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Growing up, I never saw my mom without her rings. She slept in them, showered in them, etc. Once in a blue moon, she''d take them off to clean them (which was so exciting to me as a little girl because that meant I could try it on!). However, since she had it rebuilt last year (prongs literally deteriorated), she babies it a lot more and takes it off more often. I believe both of my grandmothers also always wear their rings as well.

When I got my e-ring, I wore it the same way - absolutely never took it off except to clean it, but after getting married I gave up. I was always worried about losing one of my bead-set diamonds or breaking the band since my w-band is so thin, and it was driving me nuts. I did get a plain band, too, and I always have one or the other wedding band on when I leave the house. At home though, DH and I are all about the naked fingers.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 6:49:25 PM
Author: Elmorton
Growing up, I never saw my mom without her rings. She slept in them, showered in them, etc. Once in a blue moon, she''d take them off to clean them (which was so exciting to me as a little girl because that meant I could try it on!). However, since she had it rebuilt last year (prongs literally deteriorated), she babies it a lot more and takes it off more often. I believe both of my grandmothers also always wear their rings as well.

When I got my e-ring, I wore it the same way - absolutely never took it off except to clean it, but after getting married I gave up. I was always worried about losing one of my bead-set diamonds or breaking the band since my w-band is so thin, and it was driving me nuts. I did get a plain band, too, and I always have one or the other wedding band on when I leave the house. At home though, DH and I are all about the naked fingers.
We''re the same way.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 7:12:39 PM
Author: geckodani
Date: 9/16/2008 6:49:25 PM

Author: Elmorton

We''re the same way.

Same here, DH and I only wear our wedding rings when we go out.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
FI proposed about three days before I left for a month long trip to a developing nation on the other side of the world. He didn''t even want me to take my ring with me, but I didn''t want to be without it. When I felt like it was unsafe for me to wear it on my hand, (which is how I often felt), I kept it on a chain. And when I felt like even that wasn''t a good idea, I tied the chain around my bra strap and wore my ring in my cup. I know that might be TMI, but hey, you asked
9.gif
!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
DH hasn''t taken his off in the eight years we are married. I take mine off all the time!

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting a 2mm plain band for my wedding band and intend to wear it 24/7.

But I''ve never worn a ring 24/7 so if my fingers swell too much at night then I''ll definitely take it off before going to bed.

Anything with stones gets taken off when I get home from work.

I just don''t want to damage any prongs and cooking dinner can really gunk up a stone.

anyname

Shiny_Rock
hmmm...i''ve been married a month and a half and i take my ring off when i clean, bake, shower, workout...but other then that i never leave home without it.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 4:28:26 PM
Author: MC
Date: 9/16/2008 4:21:50 PM

Author: lovegem

I took mine off right after our wedding dinner. Haven''t worn it since. DH is the same.
9.gif
Do you wear any ring at all on your wedding finger, like your engagement ring? Or are we talking as in no diamonds? Naked finger???

I don''t wear anything on my wedding finger. I have a 1.1 ct ACA engagement ring, but I really don''t wear it much... I love it thou.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I take mine off all the time to clean, cook or workout. Go for the bling
1.gif

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
I just have a wedding ring, not a band, and it''s been on my finger ever since our wedding. I take it off when I shower or wash dishes, but it goes right back on afterward. I also took it off when I did a surf simulator because they warned that "anything that could possibly come off will, and once it''s off, it''s gone."

We will be upgrading my set eventually, however. The sentimentality behind keeping your original ring and never taking it off is very sweet, and I kept the very first engagement ring my husband gave me (which was just a plain gold band, no stones) for sentimental purposes, but I simply couldn''t stick with what I have forever. I might use the diamonds to make a pendant when we upgrade, though.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t take my plain gold wedding band off for two weeks after our wedding. Once I did take it off, I started wearing different bands or my wedding set every day, depending on my mood and what we were doing.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
We take our rings off the moment we come home. I also don''t wear it if I''m just running downstairs to do the laundry or go to the store.

For some reason, I''m always "aware" of wearing my rings and it becomes uncomfortable (mentally) for me. Does that sound crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results