shape
carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash wax of Huggie earrings, please look and advise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
I would appreciate any input on the wax for my earrings. The stones will be .2 each, set in yellow 18K, with a matt finish.

I''m not sure what the tabs are where the earring will touch my ear, that''s looking strange to me. I''ll ask about that.

The dia. is 5/8", but I should clarify if that''s an inside or outside. I think the bottom stone will show, with no gold on the bottom showing.

Anyone see any concerns? I''ll attached the pictures I sent for reference.

Thanks so much, Joan

minihoopwax.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think they are going to be just gorgeous! My only concern would be to insure that you will only see diamond from the front with no metal at the bottom.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I think they''ll look great.
21.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 9:37:47 PM
Author: Sundial
I think they are going to be just gorgeous! My only concern would be to insure that you will only see diamond from the front with no metal at the bottom.

ditto..

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, those are going to be beautiful. I agree, just double check that you won''t see any metal on the bottom.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, make sure there is no metal visible from the front. It will be a beautiful set.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You definitely DON"T want the tabs. They will show from the side view when on your ear. Tell them to make them exactly as the pics you sent. Call them tomorrow and go over this with them.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
let me explain the problem with the wax. The earrings when in your ear will have a tab going down on the front of your ear lobe. Or think of it this way, when the post goes through your ear, imagine a little U shape piece of metal attached to it so it sits on the front of your ear lobe. Not a pretty site. The tab has to go. There is no reason for it, and it will show from the side and is not the look you are trying to achieve. Hope that explains it better. Otherwise the wax looks good. Just make sure the post and the back matches up evenly. HTH!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like the pictures of the ones she wants them to look like have tabs on one side? But maybe not the other? What are the tabs for anyway? I am totally unfamiliar elements of earrings.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You don't need tabs. They sit on your ear like a big U shape below the post and are not pretty. The post should go through the ear period with nothing hanging below it. I hope that makes sense.

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone, I have questions into Jamie now.

I''m asking about having them send me the wax, this might be good insurance for all.

I also want to see the side view with a diamond in it. I wish there was something to do to make the side view more interesting, with out jeopardizing the integrity of the earring. Maybe a little surprise diamond.

The last time I did a custom piece it wasn''t exactly what I had in mind, now I''m reaching out for advice! The experience here is to valuable to pass up!
36.gif
to all of you! I''ll keep you posted.

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
I thought about pave, but as these will be my daily earrings, thought it would be too much for me.

I did talk with Leon at WF, and he''s going to remove the tabs, and send a picture of the new wax. It will look exactly like the picture I sent.

I''m really looking forward to getting these, I''m sure I''ll love them.
30.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Did you by chance see this photo? I once read through some of the testimonials on WF''s Web site many months ago and remembered seeing this photo. I love the sides of this one.

susan.bmp

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the sides are gorgeous on those earrings..but those pesky tabs again
33.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I agree about those tabs, glad you had them removed from your earrings. So when do you get these babies so we can see pictures??? Must have ear shot.

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t see those earrings before, I love the side view.. I wonder if I can switch.. I had asked another jeweler if I could have something like that, and was told no. It wouldn''t be strong enough. Maybe I need to call White Flash. I sent them an email to see if it was possible. I just want to be sure they''ll hold up, also these aren''t shared prong, so you think I''ll see to much gold?

Not sure when I''ll get them.. I must have them by July 4th. It''s our anniversary!

I''ll take ear shots, I might even get my holes re-done for these. I''ve been wanting to for years. One is not in the best place. My mother insisted on having my ears pierced by a doctor, who knew nothing about earring placement. I''ve just lived with it for years. Won''t mention how many.. :)

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
I think the tabs are for those ladies whose holes have been stretched out of compliance over the years and need covering up...
1.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I really doubt that you can see the tabs from the side. I have a pair of huggies and they have those tabs, but people can''t see the tabs when they''re on. I will try to get a picture of the side view of mines for you to see.

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
qtiekik, Do you think the tabs stablize the earrings. I''ve already asked that they remove the tabs, they''ll think I''m crazy if I ask them to put them back.

The huggies I tried on didn''t have the tabs and they hung well. Although the stones are larger on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results