shape
carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash Studs Upgrade from .65 each to .80 each!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, temptation overcame me and I upgraded my temporary studs to the size I wanted which is a little over .80 each and H VS2! I am not sure the pictures show the difference, but I can tell a big difference (although I know they are modest by PS standards)! I like my studs' total weight to be approximately the weight of my e-ring, so I knew my last pair was not the final one. But I found these gorgeous .80-.81 ACA stones and decided to go for it! This is about as big as I can go for everyday wear where I live. I set them in platinum this time since I don't plan to change them (let's surely hope!!!). I think they are well balanced with my WF diamond hoops which are 1.5 ctw.

Many thanks to Traci, Vera, and the WF staff for their excellent help, as usual! :appl:

I am posting this here in case anyone wants to compare the two sizes. Sorry for the not-so-great pictures! They really look bigger and brighter in person! :love:

img_257.jpg

my_jewelry1.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
DS, I really appreciate you posting these. I want to be at around .8 each when I upgrade my current BGD ones which are currently .62ish each. Do you think I will still notice a size difference if my budget only allows me to get to around the .75 each mark? Not planning this till next year sometime for my 10th anniversary! Thanks for the pics! They are gorgeous on you!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: BEAUTIFUL!! Yes indeed - you can totally see the difference from the original on the right, to the new sparklers on the left - VERY NICE! What a gorgeous pair of studs, DS!!

Classic 4 prongs look so timeless - are they baskets? and what kind of back did you go for - one of the extra large tension backs or screw?

Perfect size for your ears - BIG but not "too big"!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will get right to your questions in just a sec, but I forgot to post the nice glamour shot from Becca at WF!

platinum-4-prong-diamond-earrings-by-whiteflash-33721_g.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1352150200|3299284 said:
DS, I really appreciate you posting these. I want to be at around .8 each when I upgrade my current BGD ones which are currently .62ish each. Do you think I will still notice a size difference if my budget only allows me to get to around the .75 each mark? Not planning this till next year sometime for my 10th anniversary! Thanks for the pics! They are gorgeous on you!!!

Thank you, lizzy! I actually had .75 each first but gave them to my daughter as a wedding gift and then got smaller ones for myself temporarily. I think .75 each is a wonderful size! I might have gotten that size again but the best pair with the specs I wanted was .80, so I used that as an excuse to go just a little larger!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1352150440|3299287 said:
:love: BEAUTIFUL!! Yes indeed - you can totally see the difference from the original on the right, to the new sparklers on the left - VERY NICE! What a gorgeous pair of studs, DS!!

Classic 4 prongs look so timeless - are they baskets? and what kind of back did you go for - one of the extra large tension backs or screw?

Perfect size for your ears - BIG but not "too big"!

Thank you, Enerchi! Yes, they are 4 prong baskets and I use the large tension backs. I just don't like to deal with screw backs (and they will be insured, too!).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JuneRose|1352150619|3299292 said:
Oh wow they look great!!! They are the perfect size :love:

Thanks, JuneRose! I think they are the perfect size for me, but I do LOVE seeing the large studs some of the lucky ladies have here, too!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1352150873|3299294 said:

Thank you, lizzy! I actually had .75 each first but gave them to my daughter as a wedding gift and then got smaller ones for myself temporarily. I think .75 each is a wonderful size! I might have gotten that size again but the best pair with the specs I wanted was .80, so I used that as an excuse to go just a little larger!

awww...shucks...that must have been terrible to get a bigger pair! :naughty: ha ha!!! They look big on you for sure!

I saw some J's on WF around .8 each which were very reasonable but my current pair is from BGD so I need to STOP looking at WF's!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1352151229|3299298 said:
diamondseeker2006|1352150873|3299294 said:

awww...shucks...that must have been terrible to get a bigger pair! :naughty: ha ha!!! They look big on you for sure!

I saw some J's on WF around .8 each which were very reasonable but my current pair is from BGD so I need to STOP looking at WF's!!!

I have noticed that some of the WF diamonds are less expensive, too. But thank goodness for wonderful trade-in policies! (And if you do trade and see a less expensive comparable pair, I would certainly mention that when you upgrade.)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new studs are just lovely!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love them!! I currently have .6's and would love to upgrade a bit. It's so helpful to see the size difference! They look so white and sparkly!! Beautiful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous- I love them DS! They are the perfect size and look huge on your earlobes! Wear in health and happiness!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DS, the studs look wonderful on you and perfect for everyday wear :) Those awesome trade in policies sure makes it easy to upgrade :naughty:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new WF studs!!! I can definitely see a difference in size, too! They look whiter for some reason also? Do you have a family shot w/ your engagement ring and new studs--would love to see them all together!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love them!!! :love: They look beautiful on you, I really do think they are the perfect size!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Missy, Alexiszoe, mom2boys, and junebug!!!

Alexis...yes, I do LOVE upgrade policies!!! I wonder if the vendors love it as much as we do? :lol:

mom2boys...thank you for helping me take the plunge!!! Mine are teeny compared to some here ;)) , but I am definitely thankful for these! Oh, and no, I don't have a family shot but I should do that sometime!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I totally see a difference! They look amazing! Congrats DS!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS they are beautiful and I can definitely see the size difference! Hopefully these make your ering diamond wait a little more palatable!

Congrats and enjoy!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Yenny and MGR!!!

MGR...ugh, I am kind of worn out from the e-ring hunt. I do have DSS because I was so set on that 1.8 ct. other than the color!!! So this is a nice diversion!!!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! What a great size! I just got a pair of .74 each studs, and I love them. I bring this up because I was wondering if you ever wear your studs with your hoops? I am hoping to get a pair of diamond hoops for Christmas, and I am planning on wearing the studs in my second hole and the hoops in my first hole for blingy occasions. Do you have any pics of this?

I owe you all a tread on my new studs, but I am already upgrading them to better clarity, so I am waiting for my final pair before I create a thread :). :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can definitely see the difference DS!! The 0.8s look "fuller" to me :sun:

As far as "diversions" go I think 1.6ctw superideal studs in "mindclean" colour/clarity are probably the jackpot :bigsmile: They're gorgeous and they look fantastic on you - enjoy them!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think "perkier" is the word! :bigsmile: :cheeky: Sweetspot for color and clarity! YUM! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1352158081|3299390 said:
Thanks Yenny and MGR!!!

MGR...ugh, I am kind of worn out from the e-ring hunt. I do have DSS because I was so set on that 1.8 ct. other than the color!!! So this is a nice diversion!!!

I both understand and sympathize. My experience has been that when you find the right thing, it all falls into place easily. This head banging, gut wrenching stuff just emphasizes the point that it just wasn't quite right. One day though you'll be dancing on the ceiling with joy over the perfect stone! I know you'll be busy with the holidays coming up so that's a good thing too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1352160479|3299439 said:
HI:

I think "perkier" is the word! :bigsmile: :cheeky: Sweetspot for color and clarity! YUM! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

But now that you've got something of a monopoly on that description how can the rest of us use it? :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EHR2009|1352158202|3299394 said:
Gorgeous!!! What a great size! I just got a pair of .74 each studs, and I love them. I bring this up because I was wondering if you ever wear your studs with your hoops? I am hoping to get a pair of diamond hoops for Christmas, and I am planning on wearing the studs in my second hole and the hoops in my first hole for blingy occasions. Do you have any pics of this?

I owe you all a tread on my new studs, but I am already upgrading them to better clarity, so I am waiting for my final pair before I create a thread :). :appl:

Thanks! No, I just have one hole so I can't wear them together. Both my girls have a second hole, though. I think .74-.80 would be too big for me to wear in the second hole, though. I'd probably want something smaller for that. Always an excuse to get another pair! But do post a thread with your studs and new hoops and we'll see how it works!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! They are gorgeous. Very sparkly and they look perfect on you. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks minous, Yssie, Sharon, and Marcy!!!

Yssie, yes, mindclean is costly, but thankfully I am not dealing with huge sizes! :bigsmile: I'd love another pair like YOURS!!!!

Sharon...glad you agree with my sweet spot!

Y'all are all so sweet to comment on these! It makes me feel like I should have gotten 1 ct. each studs to deserve such nice comments!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results