shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash Meets James Allen (Leverback Dangle Earrings)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
A couple months ago I finished the sketches for my pendant which is now in the late stages of production. When I sent them in along with my 1.10 ct diamond that's going in it I had to pick out 2 more diamonds to complete the design. One of the stones was a 14 pointer, so Bob picked it out for me, and I picked out the center stone. I chose a .465 ct D-SI1 that was confirmed eye-clean. When the prelim CADs came back we all decided that I needed to go 5.2 mm for the center stone instead of 5.0, so with Bob's help, I picked out another diamond.

That left my little D unemployed and homeless. Bob wanted to return it to inventory and credit me the price, but I wasn't having that. Good shy halfs are hard to come by sometimes, especially in the colors I prefer, and 5mm is such a versatile size to work with. So work on my pendant continued while my 46 pointer sat alone and seemingly forgotten in WF's safe. One night I was bored and couldn't sleep, so I sifted through PS's diamond listings like I like to do. I spotted 2 47 point E VS2's. Hmmmmmmmmm...........

I knew James Allen sold a set of leverback dangle earring mounts that I really liked, so I asked a gemologist there to compare the 2 E's. The report I got back said the one of them was definitely better, so I chose it. Then I emailed the great folks at WF and asked them to pull the little D out of mothballs and send it to JA. The whole thing took less than 2 weeks and I got the glamor shots back today and my BF will get the earrings tomorrow to hold for me. So without further ado, here's the bling.......

JA-earrings-sideGlamorShot1.jpg

JA-earrings-FrontGlamorShot.jpg

JA-earrings-BothFrontGlamorShot.jpg

JA-earrings-OneUpClose.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
And one more....

JA-earrings-sideGlamorShot.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GORGEOUS! I can never decide what I like most, bezeled studs or dangles ... these are definitely swaying me!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

I almost got dangles!!!! I guess now that's next on the list! :rolleyes: :D

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Nice :love:
I love how you've got all these projects going even though you're on the other side of the world.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I just love the leverbacks!!! Great choice! They look beautiful and I'm sure those gorgeous diamonds will give you lots of sparkle and fire! :love:

Cachette :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I'm also waiting for shots of your pendant! Got any other projects going on? (I have to live vicariously
through other PSers :bigsmile: ).

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love how you think, Andelain. An unemployed and homeless little D diamond. Can't have that. :tongue:

Those earrings are stunning. Can hardly wait for ear shots. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Fly Girl, if you liked my 'unemployed, homeless little D' comment you'll have to read what I'm going to post when Brian Gavin gets done recutting the little brown diamond that came out of my ring that I've posted so many pics of... :bigsmile:

missydebby said:
:love: :love: :love:

I almost got dangles!!!! I guess now that's next on the list! :rolleyes: :D

Debby, I could sooooooooo picture those AVC's of yours just dangling there, jiggling with with every little movement of yours and the light just dancing off those big, chunky facets......

Have I got you thinking yet? :Up_to_something:

Of course GOG has tiny AVC rounds in now and I want a pair so bad..... but I'm out of ear holes! :errrr:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh now these are just perfect. Elegant and beautiful! Congratulations. :appl:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Andelain. You must be having SO MUCH FUN with all of your new diamonds! The earrings are beautiful! :love: Wear them in good health!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're so beautiful!!! They're going to sparkle like crazy, especially with that little bit of movement! Love them! :love:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Andelain, I love that you have so much in the works from so far away. I hope you return home safely real soon so that you can enjoy these bad boys. Off to James Allen's site now to take a look at these dangle earrings!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann01 said:
Andelain, I love that you have so much in the works from so far away. I hope you return home safely real soon so that you can enjoy these bad boys. Off to James Allen's site now to take a look at these dangle earrings!

Thanks Lazzy Anne! I hope to return safely too, much better for the enjoyment of my little pretties. :bigsmile:

I won't be able to wear the dangly earrings and especially the pendant much over here because they're completely unauthorized with my uniform, but I'll still sneak a few pics of them after hours...... :Up_to_something: :naughty:

Thanks everyone, I can't wait to see them! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
tyty333 said:
Very pretty! I'm also waiting for shots of your pendant! Got any other projects going on? (I have to live vicariously

Well actually, yes I do have something else going on. It involves the honey-brown colored diamond I had taken out of the ring that I post so many pics of with it's new ACA 'D'. I'll post more about that later, after I see the results on the recut..

Unfortunately I've got bad news about these JA/WF earrings. I love the looks of them, but I'm having my first-ever allergic reaction to the alloy in the gold. I've been trying to wear then for 3 days and my ears just get more miserable. ;( Fraid they have to go back. :(sad So once again I'll have a homeless and unemployed little D colored diamond. :blackeye:

At least I know now how pretty it is.......... 8)

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain said:
tyty333 said:

Well actually, yes I do have something else going on. It involves the honey-brown colored diamond I had taken out of the ring that I post so many pics of with it's new ACA 'D'. I'll post more about that later, after I see the results on the recut..

Unfortunately I've got bad news about these JA/WF earrings. I love the looks of them, but I'm having my first-ever allergic reaction to the alloy in the gold. I've been trying to wear then for 3 days and my ears just get more miserable. ;( Fraid they have to go back. :(sad So once again I'll have a homeless and unemployed little D colored diamond. :blackeye:

At least I know now how pretty it is.......... 8)

I don't know how I missed seeing these. They're lovely and very practical. I have a couple of pair of leverbacks, and they're very safe and secure on my ears once clasped close.

Oh no! to the allergic reaction! How about an alternative metal like palladium? In theory, no one is supposed to be allergic to either platinum or palladium because there is minimum alloying that happens and they're both alloyed with other metals in their "own family".
Maybe it's worth asking about. I'd hate to see you pretty D homeless and jobless again :(.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl said:
I don't know how I missed seeing these. They're lovely and very practical. I have a couple of pair of leverbacks, and they're very safe and secure on my ears once clasped close.

Oh no! to the allergic reaction! How about an alternative metal like palladium? In theory, no one is supposed to be allergic to either platinum or palladium because there is minimum alloying that happens and they're both alloyed with other metals in their "own family".
Maybe it's worth asking about. I'd hate to see you pretty D homeless and jobless again :(.

I've got good news on the allergic reaction, about the time I'd given up on keeping them and had drafted the email to James Allen I started to lose my sensitivity to them. After a few more days they stopped bothering my ears at all. So my little 'D' gets to keep it's home and it's friend, little 'E'. :appl:

So in honor of the occassion a took a couple or ear shots with my WF ACA .82ctw F-SI1's. One thing I keep noticing is that the 8 prong setting makes the 41 pointers look as large or larger than my 47 pointers. Food for thought for any of you considering the 8 prong setting that I like so much.

JA-WF-WFEarrings.jpg

JA-WF-WFEarrings2.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
beautiful earrings - sooo pretty!
dangles on my list for sure!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Ande, wondering how you are liking your leverbacks now that you have had them awhile? Do you find that the diamonds dangle at a good angle so the tables are facing the viewers, or do you find that they tilt downwards at all? Can't tell in the piccies...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey, how did I miss this thread first time round?

Another q to add to dreamer's - how does your skin find the wg, several weeks later?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful earrings! Very classic and sophiscated!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
So glad you are losing the allergic reaction to those pretty earrings. They look great on you. So sparkly with your 8-prong studs. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Yssie, I'm really not sure how well I'll be able to wear them long-term. I'm not supposed to wear then in uniform, so I hadn't worn them since September. I decided to wear them today, and hide in my office all day. That didn't work out so well, but that's another story. :oops: :lol: I noticed they irritated my ears a bit, but not as bad as when I first got them. I think I may have built a little tolerance to the alloy. I'll find out when I can wear them more often.

Dreamer_D|1289941960|2768892 said:
Hey Ande, wondering how you are liking your leverbacks now that you have had them awhile? Do you find that the diamonds dangle at a good angle so the tables are facing the viewers, or do you find that they tilt downwards at all? Can't tell in the piccies...

Dreamer, I took some pics to help answer that question. The tables of the stones do hang vertically, but bear in mind some of have ears that look almost pinned back to our head. So on me the earrings look best to someone off to my side a little. The only thing I can do about that is choose a stone that reflects light back well from different angles. That's something I'll address when I do a WF ACA vs BGD vs Eightstar vs JA TH.

WF-JA-HowTheyHang.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1290036189|2770550 said:
Thanks ladies! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Yssie, I'm really not sure how well I'll be able to wear them long-term. I'm not supposed to wear then in uniform, so I hadn't worn them since September. I decided to wear them today, and hide in my office all day. That didn't work out so well, but that's another story. :oops: :lol: I noticed they irritated my ears a bit, but not as bad as when I first got them. I think I may have built a little tolerance to the alloy. I'll find out when I can wear them more often.

Dreamer_D|1289941960|2768892 said:

Dreamer, I took some pics to help answer that question. The tables of the stones do hang vertically, but bear in mind some of have ears that look almost pinned back to our head. So on me the earrings look best to someone off to my side a little. The only thing I can do about that is choose a stone that reflects light back well from different angles. That's something I'll address when I do a WF ACA vs BGD vs Eightstar vs JA TH.

Now that is an interesting thought - another layer of complexity! at what degree of 'pinned-backed-ness' does the advantage shift to stones that collect more indirect light, which for these people's studs is actually light from directly in front of their bodies..?
Looking forward to that review ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results