shape
carat
color
clarity

Which wedding band would you get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my ering. I love the look of stacked eternity bands on either side, but I also love one chunky eternity band to wear w/it. Would you get the one chunky band that can be worn nicely by itself (2 ctw.) or two stackable, 1.5 mm eternity bands to wear on either side of the ering?

19292.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo that's a tough one, I too love both looks!

But I think if it were me, I'd go for the larger band that could be worn alone :)

It looks like 2 thinner eternity bands would be gorgeous with your ER though. You could always wear them together with out your ER and have them look fabulous too. Hmmmm....I'll have to think about this one alittle longer!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2008 5:06:38 PM
Author:js_diamond
Here''s my ering. I love the look of stacked eternity bands on either side, but I also love one chunky eternity band to wear w/it. Would you get the one chunky band that can be worn nicely by itself (2 ctw.) or two stackable, 1.5 mm eternity bands to wear on either side of the ering?
Chunky band!! But I love wider rings. You can still wear the thinner bands on their own too. It''s all about which look you prefer. Have you tried on both styles?

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
I''ve actually only tried on the chunky and loved it, I just also love the look of the stacked. I guess later down the line I can always get a thinner band to wear on top of my ering.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I like the look of 2 thinner bands. That way they aren''t competing for attention with your ering stone!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2008 5:06:38 PM
Author:js_diamond
Can''t we have both? Buy the two smaller eternities now and save and get the larger 2 ct. chunky one for your next big anniversary.

I''m always planning something
3.gif

historychick

Shiny_Rock
I''d go with the thinner bands, they would look smashing stacked on both sides of your e-ring and You can wear just one of them if you want an understated look. If you like the look of a thicker band you could wear both stackables at once to give more mm''s of finger coverage. I think if you go with the one band you will later wish that you the options that two bands would give. If you are looking for a thick "safety" band to wear durring outdoorsy or harsh activities you could always invest in a 4 or 6 mm titanium or plain gold band that can get knocked around without the worry of loosing diamonds. A friend of mine is a social worker and owns a plain 4mm titanium band to wear to work in the inner city. She says that she feels out of place wearing her diamond eternity band in front of people who often can''t afford to buy groceries. She also is an avid hiker/camper and does not like mixing diamonds with woods. If you go with the two eternity bands and a cheaper safety band you''ll be covered for all situations.
hope this helps...
9.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
What is the tcw of your ering? You dont want your wedding band to over power the ering....

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Although I love stacked rings, and wear my set stacked with an additional ring (one of three that I have), I don''t really like the eternity on either side look for myself. I personally would choose a substantial ring that could stand alone when I did not want to wear the e-ring. What do you like?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2008 9:45:01 PM
Author: historychick
I''d go with the thinner bands, they would look smashing stacked on both sides of your e-ring and You can wear just one of them if you want an understated look. If you like the look of a thicker band you could wear both stackables at once to give more mm''s of finger coverage. I think if you go with the one band you will later wish that you the options that two bands would give. If you are looking for a thick ''safety'' band to wear durring outdoorsy or harsh activities you could always invest in a 4 or 6 mm titanium or plain gold band that can get knocked around without the worry of loosing diamonds. A friend of mine is a social worker and owns a plain 4mm titanium band to wear to work in the inner city. She says that she feels out of place wearing her diamond eternity band in front of people who often can''t afford to buy groceries. She also is an avid hiker/camper and does not like mixing diamonds with woods. If you go with the two eternity bands and a cheaper safety band you''ll be covered for all situations.
hope this helps...
9.gif
This is what I would do. With the 2 bands you can kinda get both looks that you are trying to decide between depending on how you wear them. I like the 2 band option.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
ditto the 2 band option! you have so many more options. you can wear one on either side - top or bottom, or both sides to change it up. or wear one alone for more modest look. both stacked together to create wide band look. i''d save the larger band for an anniversary, or other special occassion. can''t wait to see what you decide!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2008 11:06:09 PM
Author: mommy2iz
ditto the 2 band option! you have so many more options. you can wear one on either side - top or bottom, or both sides to change it up. or wear one alone for more modest look. both stacked together to create wide band look. i''d save the larger band for an anniversary, or other special occassion. can''t wait to see what you decide!
Ditto here! i love little beautiful bands on either side of a lovely engagement ring like you have. Plus, if you don''t want to wear the engagement ring, they will be so pretty and comfortable too i am sure!

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I basically want it at all! I sometimes wish we could have multiple erings b/c I like the looks of various styles. I will definitely post pics once I decide.

Oh and my center stone is 1.02 and the .20 ctw along the sides of the ering.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I would go the 2 band route because like everyone else says, it will give you more options. I really like the look of 2 narrow bands worn together without the engagement ring, as well for days when you don''t want to wear all 3.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, are you in my head!!!!????
9.gif
These are the same exact delemers that I am pondering over (too much to be healthy I might add).

And even while reading through your post and the helpful answers, I was agreeing with each and every one of them!!!!! Boy, talk about being on the fence!!!!!

But, although its really hard to choose, I find that personally, I cant pull the trigger on the two thin bands either side of the er. Even though I am currently being pressured to go for this look by a sales lady who is helping me with designs.

My hesitation is that Im not sure where the two bands will end up sitting. If they come in too close to the er then it really ends up looking like one very thich er, totally not what I am aiming for. If the two thin bands hover around then Im not sure if my finger is long and graceful enough to handle this look. I would hate for things to look crowded!

Cost wise Im finding that 2 tiny bands are almost double the cost of one more substancial one. So this is influencing me too.

I am also worried about the prongs eatting each other and that 2 bands would be double trouble????

So this minute, Im voting one larger band, but still delicate!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 1:24:57 AM
Author: Sharon101
Ahhh, are you in my head!!!!????
9.gif
These are the same exact delemers that I am pondering over (too much to be healthy I might add).

And even while reading through your post and the helpful answers, I was agreeing with each and every one of them!!!!! Boy, talk about being on the fence!!!!!

But, although its really hard to choose, I find that personally, I cant pull the trigger on the two thin bands either side of the er. Even though I am currently being pressured to go for this look by a sales lady who is helping me with designs.

My hesitation is that Im not sure where the two bands will end up sitting. If they come in too close to the er then it really ends up looking like one very thich er, totally not what I am aiming for. If the two thin bands hover around then Im not sure if my finger is long and graceful enough to handle this look. I would hate for things to look crowded!

Cost wise Im finding that 2 tiny bands are almost double the cost of one more substancial one. So this is influencing me too.

I am also worried about the prongs eatting each other and that 2 bands would be double trouble????

So this minute, Im voting one larger band, but still delicate!!!
Did we already establish how big the larger band will be - tcw?

could still be dainty at the right size...i tried on an amazing 1 ct tcw (bigger fingers here) that would have still looked lovely stacked with your ering (or other rings for that matter). But when it was alone, even though it wasn''t a huge eternity band, it was very blingy on its own...still a great route to go. you really can''t lose here!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 2:27:37 AM
Author: violet3

could still be dainty at the right size...i tried on an amazing 1 ct tcw (bigger fingers here) that would have still looked lovely stacked with your ering (or other rings for that matter). But when it was alone, even though it wasn''t a huge eternity band, it was very blingy on its own...still a great route to go. you really can''t lose here!
definately what I was trying to say.

I dont love the huge eternity band look that almost looks like it is uncomfortable to wear or like the two side fingers cant close against the ring.

Maybe 2 to 5 pointers would be ideal????

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 6:33:49 AM
Author: Sharon101

Date: 9/26/2008 2:27:37 AM
Author: violet3

definately what I was trying to say.

I dont love the huge eternity band look that almost looks like it is uncomfortable to wear or like the two side fingers cant close against the ring.

Maybe 2 to 5 pointers would be ideal????
Hmmmm....you mentioned 2 ctw in first post - i tried one on that had 10 pointers (and i think i am going to get one like that
27.gif
)....i think this would be too big for your ering. you wouldn''t want it to overpower it.

Having said that, i think 2 pointers are too small
31.gif
b/c you would be getting dainty enough that it wouldn''t have that much uuuumph when you want to wear it alone.

The one i referenced above certainly did and was around 1ctw w/ 4 - 5 pointers. Like i said it was really pretty and dainty, but alone it sparkled like crazy. All of this depends on your finger size - i wear a 7....so on me, it was dainty but on a smaller finger it might look bigger.

Depending on your finger size, i think 4/5 points would be perfect! My girflriend went with me, and she wears a 5 or so (hate her) and the 1ct looked great on her too :)

can''t wait to see what you pick!

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Violet, do you have any pictures of the ring you''re referring to? It sounds lovely.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 12:34:19 PM
Author: js_diamond
Violet, do you have any pictures of the ring you''re referring to? It sounds lovely.
Oh, it was soooo gorgeous, but i don''t have pictures! i was at a local jewelry store and i tried on so many rings - i loved them all! my girlfriend looked so lovely in it, we should have taken pics, but sadly...did not.

The only thing i have a picture of is the 2 ctw i tried on and loved...i wouldn''t have an ering - just this (if it happens of course) :)

next time i go back, i''l take a pic of that gorgeous dainty 1ctw....

ringatjelelrystore.jpg

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:01:03 AM
Author: js_diamond
What does your ering look like, Sharon?
You are welcome to have a look from my past posts. Otherwise I have no idea of how to repost!!!!

I have a very fancy large (princess) setting that I really want to simplify. Plus atm I dont wear a wedding band, but in the next reset I want to incorporate the wedding band as part of the design. Thus my interest in what wedding band (or 2) to choose!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results