shape
carat
color
clarity

What was the biggest diamond here on PS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mean the biggest diamond in the world.

I mean what was the largest stone ever bought and posted here on PS, with pics?

Anyone remember?

The largest I remember was about 4 carats or so.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Someone had a ten carat stone (emerald cut) I believe. I can''t remember the name, but the avatar had a shoe in it. Anyone remember?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was Madrock and she had a ten carat oval which she downsized to an emerald cut, she was not happy with the color of her stone.

I have a large emerald cut.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a link to her ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/7-32-ec.38554/

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How big was the diamond Gary posted for his client? I think that may have been the largest.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garry''s was in the 9 ct range. I''ll see if I can find the link.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondfan''s ring is a beautiful 9 cts. I believe.
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is the perfect EC ring to me. I could be really happy with one half that size, though.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2006 10:02:49 PM
Author: shinythings
Here''s Madrock''s 10.28 ct oval!

She traded it and I think has a 7.32 emerald cut, set very similarly to mine with the baguettes. I think it looks so nice, though I am partial because it looks like my ring! I think she debated what to do with her setting, since it was a Leon and pricey...never know what she ended up doing!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2006 12:17:14 AM
Author: diamondfan
Date: 11/11/2006 10:02:49 PM

Author: shinythings

Here''s Madrock''s 10.28 ct oval!

She traded it and I think has a 7.32 emerald cut, set very similarly to mine with the baguettes. I think it looks so nice, though I am partial because it looks like my ring! I think she debated what to do with her setting, since it was a Leon and pricey...never know what she ended up doing!

Hopefully she put a sapphire or a similiar gemstone in it!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think she had said she would never wear it, so she was not planning to...pity. But I agree that it might be a bit much, the setting, while lovely, was heavier and I think she is loving her new ring!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well the largest one posted here on PS i think was the 15c H&A that Garry posted a few years ago. i love that monster!!!! it was not set, he just had it in his hands. i don''t know if he sold it or what.

but owned by a PS''er? madrock''s 10c oval for sure. there are some other ones in the 9c range that have been posted, but i think the 10c took the cake AND she had it halo''d so it was enormous.

i seriously love me some big bling but anything over ~5c (and probably even then!!) looks fake to me. not like i''d toss it back if it landed in my lap.
3.gif
i think for me my dream size is probably that 5c ACA i tried on at WF. but i think that looked fake too! hehee.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2006 12:26:35 AM
Author: Mara
well the largest one posted here on PS i think was the 15c H&A that Garry posted a few years ago. i love that monster!!!! it was not set, he just had it in his hands. i don''t know if he sold it or what.

That is the one I was thinking of! Those pictures were AMAZING!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2006 12:26:35 AM
Author: Mara

i seriously love me some big bling but anything over ~5c (and probably even then!!) looks fake to me. not like i''d toss it back if it landed in my lap.
3.gif
i think for me my dream size is probably that 5c ACA i tried on at WF. but i think that looked fake too! hehee.
As much as I''d love (and happily wear!) a 10 carat ring, I think the problem for me is it just wouldn''t "match". I mean, I carry Coach bags and wear Banana Republic clothes... I live in a nice area but a small apartment... I''m a therapist/student and 27 years old. Anything over a few carats wouldn''t even be believable, much less attractive! I am far too bourgeois...
2.gif

But they sure are fun to look at... and if I DID have that matching lifestyle (and income)..........
31.gif

What about that guy a few months ago who was buying an 8ct Asscher for his girlfriend who thought she was getting 1ct? I can''t remember what happened with that....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually ephem...i think you are thinking of the 9c that Garry put into a setting for his client. this 15c one is one he posted a few years ago i think, like 2 years ago? anyway here is the image! i saved it of course, hehee.

Garry 15c HA a.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a round that large looks like a headlight and would not be as pretty.

Ephemery, I think that was Leadfoot and he sold a sports car to get it for her, and if memory serves she did not want it and got something smaller? I think people kept telling him that she was on the boards and really would not be happy with something like that, and I think it proved true!

Also, my ring most definitely does not look fake. Most days I am in sweats and more casual clothes and I just put it on and figure if I love it than I can carry it off. To me, an emerald cut can be large and still pretty because it is not soooo sparkley, but even I thought Vanessa Bryant''s looked like a big piece of clear glass to me...never thought I would say that!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
The "I love larger diamonds but I''d never want one because XYZ...or it looks fake" really seems like a backhanded compliment to the people who have posted in this thread and have larger diamonds. Believable or not, diamonds are diamonds, and shouldn''t be meant solely to impress people, therefore it shouldn''t matter if others think they''re fake. If you wouldn''t want something that someone else has, there''s no need to announce it.

Thanks to the gorgeous pics thus far
30.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2006 9:34:01 AM
Author: *Lindsey*
The 'I love larger diamonds but I'd never want one because XYZ...or it looks fake' really seems like a backhanded compliment to the people who have posted in this thread and have larger diamonds. Believable or not, diamonds are diamonds, and shouldn't be meant solely to impress people, therefore it shouldn't matter if others think they're fake. If you wouldn't want something that someone else has, there's no need to announce it.

30.gif
Really? I translate those comments just as "it would look fake on ME" not "it looks fake on everyone who has one". Therefore not a judgment or backhanded anything... just an observation based on personal lifestyle!
1.gif
Although Mara if you end up with that Balenciaga, I'm pretty sure you could pull off 5+ carats... hehe. And thanks for posting that pic... I can't even imagine!

But Leadfoot is definitely who I was thinking of with the huge discrepancy in what he was purchasing and what his girlfriend thought she was getting... thanks DF!! And I agree with you... if I had the resources for a larger stone (and again, a more condusive age/lifestyle!), I think I would choose a classic emerald over a more flashy round... there's no rival for understated elegance like that.
30.gif
Well, "understated" being relative, of course...
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2006 9:34:01 AM
Author: *Lindsey*
The 'I love larger diamonds but I'd never want one because XYZ...or it looks fake' really seems like a backhanded compliment to the people who have posted in this thread and have larger diamonds. Believable or not, diamonds are diamonds, and shouldn't be meant solely to impress people, therefore it shouldn't matter if others think they're fake. If you wouldn't want something that someone else has, there's no need to announce it.

30.gif
Lindsey...not everything said has to have 'read between the lines' written on it. Personally I do think that many larger diamonds look fake. Some of which I have tried on at stores and drooled on. Do I care that some people on here have really large diamonds? No. Do I think some of them look fake in pictures. Yes. Would I wear one if thrown into my lap. SURE.
2.gif
Would I care if anyone else thought they were fake? Big No.

I agree that people probably could care less what others think for the most part. I am very much like that....I buy to please myself not others. This IS a diamond forum and we have all types of baubles here, so no I would not just assume that someone saying that a larger stone has the possibility of looking fake is some underhanded dig at anyone else on here.
38.gif
In fact we have heard that statement a ton in other threads and no one seems to question it then. Quite possibly, it's just a flat out honest opinion with no ulterior motives. Imagine that!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Before buying my new ring, I tried on a 10 carat Assher and an 8 carat RB. Neither did I like, but I suspect that was due to the cut quality rather than size; because those large (quality) HW and Cartier stunners I tried on in Hawaii this summer, were TODIE4. At present I happily wear my ring, and although shrinkage has not yet set in I do not think it is "too big".

cheers--Sharon

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2006 1:48:48 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Before buying my new ring, I tried on a 10 carat Assher and an 8 carat RB. Neither did I like, but I suspect that was due to the cut quality rather than size; because those large (quality) HW and Cartier stunners I tried on in Hawaii this summer, were TODIE4. At present I happily wear my ring, and although shrinkage has not yet set in I do not think it is ''too big''.

cheers--Sharon
Well Sharon I''ve been wondering what happened to your gorgeous 5ct thread?
It''s gone! I miss drooling over it.
39.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I''m a complete ocd here.... I got intrigued about the leadfoot story and searched all over to figure out who the fiance was just to find that her last post in early oct promise pics of her ring THAT WEEKEND and she never came back!!!!

Im'' such an idiot timewaster ::bangs head::

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the pics and info folks.

I would imagine diamonds that are many times larger than we are used to seem "authenticity-challenged" but I imagine if you grew up in a socioeconomic class where 15 ct diamonds are the norm then 50+ ct stones only qualify as honkers or "authenticity-challenged".

18.gif

There may even be people for whom 50 carat stones are the norm.
30.gif

Not me.
39.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cehra, I totally forgot that part...she really never came back? Wonder what is up there?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2006 10:06:19 PM
Author: kenny
Thanks for all the pics and info folks.

I would imagine diamonds that are many times larger than we are used to seem ''authenticity-challenged'' but I imagine if you grew up in a socioeconomic class where 15 ct diamonds are the norm then 50+ ct stones only qualify as honkers or ''authenticity-challenged''.

18.gif

There may even be people for whom 50 carat stones are the norm.
30.gif

Not me.
39.gif
what good is a 50 carat stone other than to sit on a pedistal behind bullet proof glass?

For a cocktail ring of any sort - diamond or gemstone - I could go quite high like 15mm x 20 mm hehehe - but for a left hand ring I''d want one that I could wear 24/7 and not have to think twice and I think my comfort level there would be about... 3-5 carats, depending on the shape. I wouldn''t go bigger than 3.5 in a round unless it was an oec :D

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan, your ring is amazing. (I don''t think I could pull it off as well, though.) Just out of curiousity, what is the length and width of the stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results