shape
carat
color
clarity

What To Do With A Promise Ring ?

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
my husband and i have been together five years and married two of those years. after only dating a year we moved in together and he bought me a 1/3 carat channel diamond band as a promise ring.

i now have my 1.5 carat solitaire and 2 carat shared prong band, and my poor promise ring is forgotten. i have started brainstorming what to do with my promise ring. i don't like wearing rings on my right hand, so i have played around with my left hand.

i'm curious to have anothers perspective and if anyone has any other ideas.

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Because my tastes have changed so much in regard to channel set rings (used to dislike them, now I LOVE them - no idea why that has changed) I actually like the look of your channel with your e-ring better than the shared prong. I would hang on to it just as is because of sentimental reasons and someday you may love it more than you do now!

It is less likely to be damaged than your shared prong - so if you go vacationing somewhere you are nervous to wear your wedding set, you could always just wear that channel band...something to keep in mind maybe?

I like all three together in the first pic too...

Many options!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like your promise ring and the second stack looks very beautiful...

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
For an upcoming anniversary, you could do a shadowbox of your relationship with your DH. Include the ring in the shadow box, it will always be on display and be part of another leg in your journey together.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe you could use the diamonds for something that would fit your lifestyle more. A pendant or earrings?
I have a .25c solitaire promise ring and when I get the engagement ring, I hope to use the small diamond in a solitaire pendant, since I won't wear the ring anymore.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Plus (and sorry for the double post), the channel set band will protect your ering from your shared prongs, as it is acting as a spacer! It's a win-win!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Well it looks like my first post didn't show up, but I love the first stack!!!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
EHR2009 said:
Plus (and sorry for the double post), the channel set band will protect your ering from your shared prongs, as it is acting as a spacer! It's a win-win!

True. Your shared prong ring is def. going to do some damage to your prongs - this is a great solution for that!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first stack. I also agree with the other posters that, if worn this way, would protect your e-ring from wear and tear caused by your shared prong eternity ring.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
EHR2009|1283899834|2703291 said:
Plus (and sorry for the double post), the channel set band will protect your engagement ring from your shared prongs, as it is acting as a spacer! It's a win-win!

totally agree with this- I think the channel set band would be a great blingy spacer. and you could also use it as a wedding band for times you do not want to wear your set- i.e. beach, traveing, etc.

afreebird

Shiny_Rock
I love the look of the first stack! I think you should definitely include this ring in your stack!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results