shape
carat
color
clarity

what to do about my wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 12:32:31 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
So I was browsing throught the estatediamondjewelry.com page and stumbled on a lovely little policy. They will send me any piece from their stock for me to try on and play with for two weeks for a full refund (they hold my cc info) if i decide not to take it. So i''m going to order the swoopy ring to try both with my e-ring (with talks to leon about safety) and as a standalone band. If I go with stand alone...this opens the door for stacking...
31.gif
I think i''m starting to like this idea more and more....

Did you get it yet?

Agape

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/12/2006 8:50:13 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 2/7/2006 12:32:31 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
So I was browsing throught the estatediamondjewelry.com page and stumbled on a lovely little policy. They will send me any piece from their stock for me to try on and play with for two weeks for a full refund (they hold my cc info) if i decide not to take it. So i''m going to order the swoopy ring to try both with my e-ring (with talks to leon about safety) and as a standalone band. If I go with stand alone...this opens the door for stacking...
31.gif
I think i''m starting to like this idea more and more....

Did you get it yet?
This is probably irrevelent now, but I was wondering if you could get a small plain spacer ring to put in between the two diamond rings. Maybe that would prevent the rubbing together? I wanted an e ring just like this but I have a heart and it would not work :( I had also wondered about this same issue when I was deciding and a spacer ring was my idea to help the preserve the diamonds.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
So I got the ring. Pretty, but not what I was looking for. Didn''t match my ring and only looked OK as a seperate band. Also the workmanship was not even comparable to Leon''s, so it looked silly as a set. Uh oh, does that mean by getting a Leon I''ve been spoiled forever?!?!

Oh well, I guess that means I''ll hve to get a Leon band. Oh woe is me
31.gif
31.gif

oh, and as for pics. i was planning to take some today before I sent the ring back, but my FI had already taken the ring to the post office. honestly, does the man not understand my need to take pictures for ps?
38.gif
9.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Why would wearing high polish against high polish be a problem? Scintillating, I thought your band was made especially so you *could* wear a wedding band flush? Maybe I am remembering it wrong.

Ginger: I totally understand wanting a WB; but I think people are right; the ering plus a pave band is a little much, and you don't want to damage the ring.

RE: the swoopy design. A bit more of a RHR, I think? Doesn't look very wedding band-y to me.

ETA: Shoot, I didn't see the second page! Well, there's certainly nothing wrong with having another Leon!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
GBC, tell that FI of yours I''m very disappointed! I was looking forward to pics, having lusted over that type of band for some time. *pout* At least it made your decision easier.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m sorry the ring didn''t work out but glad you''re getting another Leon
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2006 5:40:07 PM
Author: mrssalvo
i''m sorry the ring didn''t work out but glad you''re getting another Leon
36.gif
Me too
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay another Leon!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure your ring will look great with the Leon, but that is a LOT of $$ to spend on a band! Are you going 1 sided or 3 sided? Again, I''m sure it will look divine, but if it were me (with my current budget) I think I would just wear the e-ring solo. My aunt did that, she has a beautiful 3+ carat stone and a band seemed to detract from it. She just had the officiant use her e-ring for the vows.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Yeay Ginger! Nothing but another Leon will do your ering justice!
If the 3-sided only costs 300 more, I''d go for that - It''ll match your ering better.
I might be a little concerned about the beads rubbing against eachother.
(Maybe a very slight metal lip can prevent this? Or something)
What does Leon say about 3-sided against 3-sided?

Rainbow- yes, My ering was designed so that a wr will sit flush.
I don''t really see an issue with high polish against high polish, but Leon doesn''t approve.
He said they would "eat eachother"
My guess is that they will probably need to be polished more frequently if I choose to wear them together. (Which I probably will.)

Scintillating...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results