shape
carat
color
clarity

What should I do with 2 concave cut blue topaz around 6mm?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I posted this under colored stones, but thought I''d try here too....

In my quest to find stones to match my blue zircon pendant I ran across some fabulous concave cut blue topaz stones. I had them sent to me to see if they would be close enough to match my pendant. They are not but the stones are still really beautiful. I''m trying to decide I should keep them anyway and do something else with them or return them?

I know I could set them in a standard stud type earring, but I was thinking of some sort of drop earrings...maybe even an earring jacket to attach to my diamond studs? Does anyone have any creative ideas?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this going to sidetrack the plan of finding matched earrings to go with the pendant?
6.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Nope, I think I''ve got some stones coming that will hopefully match the pendant. These blue topaz stones were inexpensive. I need to keep this project low-cost since I''m trying to do both.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2006 9:17:23 AM
Author:IslandDreams

...maybe even an earring jacket to attach to my diamond studs? Does anyone have any creative ideas?

Glad to hear blue zircons are on their way too!
1.gif

And IMO, the earring jacket idea sounds fab. How about DBY-style bezels? Short but flexible... In gold those are quite easy, as far as I can tell. Someone had such earring jackets with diamonds and ''Platinumsmith'' had made some large aqua ones in the same style (somewhat). Maybe some are available ready-made too.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My diamond earrings are in martini settings. These topazes are about 6mm and my diamond earrings are about 4.4mm each....Would the bezel on the jacket look right with the martini setting on the diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results