shape
carat
color
clarity

What setting should I choose???

What setting would you pick for my cushion?

• 3 stone with white pears

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I'm trying to decide what setting to pick for my 2.10 fancy yellow brown cushion. It'll either go in a 3 stone setting with white pears, rose gold prongs, plat shank and rose gold cup under the center stone.

3 stone with white pears

The other option would be a white halo probably this style, also with a plat shank and rose gold prongs on the center:

Halo with white diamonds, rose gold prongs

EDIT: Stone will be set N/S

IMG_1913.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
OH MY STARS!!!! Snooper, my heart just stopped when I saw your cushion! I LOVE the color. :love:]
30.gif
30.gif
It''s is absolutely beautiful!!! I have a soft spot for colored stones with yellow and brown hues. I think they look are so warm and earthy. Congrats on finding such a gem!

I vote for the three-stone, by the way. Please take more pics!

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
That''s a hard call; I wanted to play with the pictures and try to fix the stone in the setting, but then I realized they were copyrighted and I have a funny feeling, noob or not here, that''s a no-no...
3.gif

I''m not sure which one- the diamond halo would make the stone look even bigger and create and nice contrast. The three stone ring has great finger spread and could look very nice in it''s own right...

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks platinumrock and oneandahalfrock. The stone will be set N/S (forgot to add that). It took a while to find the right color brown.

If I did the halo, I wonder if I should do an air space?

Here''s a few more pics of the stone and I''ll definitely post the finished product!

IMG_1368A.JPG

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Its gorgeous, what an amazing find. I''d love to know where you acquired this amazing stone?

I love both settings but definitely think you should go with the halo as you already have your amazing lemon diamond 3 stone - which is one of my faves on here incidentally.

po
x

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 1:57:46 PM
Author: Po10472
Its gorgeous, what an amazing find. I'd love to know where you acquired this amazing stone?

I love both settings but definitely think you should go with the halo as you already have your amazing lemon diamond 3 stone - which is one of my faves on here incidentally.

po

x

Thanks! I purchased the stone from fancydiamonds.net

Ok, keep voting as I'm off to do errands :) I'll probably send this out in Feb hence the urgency for what setting to choose. I don't have white pears should I go that route, so I'll need Leon to source some for me. Probably .30ctw?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is absolutely amazingly gorgeous and would look fantastic haloed. Guess which one I voted for?
9.gif
Could you have the entire ring done in rose gold?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! Another colored diamond!! I think whatever you do, you should do rose gold. I think champagne diamonds look absolutely fabulous in rose gold. Gorgeous!!!
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh tough choice! Do you have a halo in your collection? (if not, I''d do the halo) Awesome stone!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I love the pears, but either will be beautiful...can''t wait to see the finished product!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 2:30:54 PM
Author: coatimundi
Oh tough choice! Do you have a halo in your collection? (if not, I''d do the halo) Awesome stone!

Thanks for the feedback everyone including the poll. I don''t have a halo in my collection. The 3 stone route will be cheap but like you said, I don''t have a halo.

An all rose gold setting might be an option but I''m allergic to WG so I''m not sure what rose gold touching my finger would do?? I have the trinity ring by cartier and haven''t had issues but then again it''s worn for a few hours if that at a time...

Please keep voting or giving feedback :)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m loving the idea of the 3-stone!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for 3 stone with Rose gold prongs and a platinum band!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2009 6:14:14 PM
Author: Futurmrss
I really vote for both...like this but with all whites surrounding. http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=95

Hahahah... you really know how to add to the confusion!!!!
2.gif
That would be beautiful!! Sam, I simply can''t make a decision on this. On one hand, I adore the Asprey, 3-stone setting. If you went that route, I would do a rose gold basket/cup. On the other hand, you don''t have a halo setting...............and boy would this make a statement as a right hand ring!!! SWOON!! O.k... did that help you??
3.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
cushioncutnut, I honestly have thought about a halo WITH a split shank like your avatar too (sorta like Leanne Rimes) but I''ll leave that idea for something later I think.

Looks like the poll is almost neck and neck!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2009 6:40:37 PM
Author: Snooper
cushioncutnut, I honestly have thought about a halo WITH a split shank like your avatar too (sorta like Leanne Rimes) but I''ll leave that idea for something later I think.

Looks like the poll is almost neck and neck!

o.k... so why wait!! I vote a split shank halo!! I am not biased what so ever!!
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG that stone is AMAZING
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I voted for the halo, because, even though the three-stone w/ pears is one of my all-time favorite styles, I really think the halo would showcase that incredible stone better.

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
Oooohhh Halo with split shank!! That would look sexy!

30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2009 2:30:54 PM
Author: coatimundi
ditto on the halo; what a gorgeous stone!
30.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your replies. So far the poll is 50/50

I''m really torn on the halo vs. 3 stone. I have (2) 3 stones yes, but I don''t own a pear so that''s why that idea came to mind.

I do want a pink halo someday as I was thinking putting that on a Royal Asscher like fellow PS''er acebruin''s wife''s ER.

Which is why I was thinking for now a white halo (which of course would be more $)

I''m reading everyone''s comments so keep ''em coming!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a chocolate diamond in a white halo. I don't care at all for it. The diamond is beautiful, but the setting does nothing for it. Now that I look back, I think I would redo it in rose gold. I think the nickel in white gold is what causes the allergies. Rose gold doesn't have nickel, and many people are not allergic to it that are allergic to white gold.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results