shape
carat
color
clarity

What setting should I choose???

What setting would you pick for my cushion?

• 3 stone with white pears

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
I say go for a setting with Rose gold. I think it will accentuate all the beautiful hue of the brown diamond. I saw this ring from DBL and I absolutely love how it helps reflect all the different warm hues!

r2620b.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
THUD!!!! Thomper just posted a picture of my favorite diamond ever!!!!

Snooper, I''m a big fan of the airline. I think that can help keep definition and attention on the main stone and not let the halo detract. Much more like a frame.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
that stone is just YUMMY!
18.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover thanks SO MUCH for posting pics! The 3 stone layout you posted doesn''t really help the center. I definitely want the center to be the eye catcher and your pictures have REALLY helped!

Thomper yeah, without a doubt, there will be rose gold prongs touching the center! NOooooooooo yg on this.

I hadn''t thought of a bezel blueauratus. I wonder if you can do a bezel with an airline?

So far the halo is in the running and that is what my husband had wanted from the get go where as I was leaning towards pears. I do LOVE Harriet''s spinel halo w/ slit shank and now that I know she had a small airline that might be what I do with the halo!!

I think I''ll be going with the halo now that I''ve seen some pictures and digested everyone''s suggestions, pros/cons! THANK YOU PS''ers!!!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snooper,
If you''re still concerned about strength, I can try to take pics of the halo''s underside. As for wearability, I don''t think a halo makes a ring any more formal. I wear my spinel with jeans!

Gypsy,
Sorry to hear about your mishap. Thanks for the honourable mention.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a slight preference for the halo design. Since you already have a gorgeous 3-stone with your yellow emerald I''d go for something different. I might do yellow gold prongs though instead of gold, but it wouldn''t make much of a difference either way.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 11:49:21 AM
Author: Harriet
Snooper,

If you''re still concerned about strength, I can try to take pics of the halo''s underside. As for wearability, I don''t think a halo makes a ring any more formal. I wear my spinel with jeans!

That would be fantastic Harriet. If you have time I''d really love to see the underside. I know I won''t be visiting NYC anytime soon.

Ok, decision has been made!! HALO! Rose gold (probably single claws), rose gold cup, plat shank with white diamonds, no bezel, probably airline (will know for sure after seeing harriet''s ring)

36.gif
Thank you again girls!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
OMG, how''d I miss this thread? What a gorgeous stone!!!

Halo all the way IMHO!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 10:44:12 PM
Author: Snooper

That would be fantastic Harriet. If you have time I''d really love to see the underside. I know I won''t be visiting NYC anytime soon.
No problem. Just give me a couple of days. I''m battling an awful bug.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi snooper :)

i dont know if you like autumnal tones (tho i guess you must, looking at that stone!), but have you thought about doing a halo in vivid yellow diamonds? rather than surrounding that gorgeous stone with white diamonds which, altho a good contrast, don''t really have anything in common with a yellow/brown diamond, why not ''sing to its depths'', so to speak, and surround it with vivid yellow? the whole thing could then be set in either yellow gold, or (even better, in my opinion) rose gold, giving you a finger-full of yellows/browns/pink-red.

it''d be a show stopper

Burk

Ideal_Rock
how did I miss this? I would have voted halo so I guess it doesn''t matter!
3.gif
9.gif
Can''t wait to see the finished product!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I voted for a halo!

YUMMY STONE!!!!!!
30.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 10:54:24 AM
Author: whitby_2773
hi snooper :)

i dont know if you like autumnal tones (tho i guess you must, looking at that stone!), but have you thought about doing a halo in vivid yellow diamonds? rather than surrounding that gorgeous stone with white diamonds which, altho a good contrast, don''t really have anything in common with a yellow/brown diamond, why not ''sing to its depths'', so to speak, and surround it with vivid yellow? the whole thing could then be set in either yellow gold, or (even better, in my opinion) rose gold, giving you a finger-full of yellows/browns/pink-red.

it''d be a show stopper

I had toyed with the idea of a fancy yellow halo, but I''m just not into that much yellow. I once had a thin yellow half eternity diamond band, and I just didn''t like the boldness of it (now if I had the diamond cartier trinity ring, THAT might be a different story)

Harriet no rush and feel better. Everyone around me is getting sick too.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 2:23:07 PM
Author: Snooper
I had toyed with the idea of a fancy yellow halo, but I''m just not into that much yellow. I once had a thin yellow half eternity diamond band, and I just didn''t like the boldness of it (now if I had the diamond cartier trinity ring, THAT might be a different story)

Harriet no rush and feel better. Everyone around me is getting sick too.
Wanna use my coupon?
31.gif

Thanks! I''ve finally crawled into the living room.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snooper,
I had my friend take a bunch of photos. I should have them to post this weekend.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
As promised.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY!!
30.gif
30.gif
I had NO idea the under gallery of your ring was so detailed! You''re right it seems to be very sturdy indeed! I have officially settled on a halo setting but now I gotta figure out for sure what style to pick. The split shank like yours is something I love, but yet a simple diamond band w/ halo is a nice option too.

Thank you VERY much for posting! WOW!! I''m really speechless! You''re ring is beyond breathtaking!
30.gif
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never saw the undergallery of your ring Harriet. What a piece of art!! It looks quite sturdy too! Just AMAZINGLY GAWGEOUS!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies. Leon surprised me with that U-shaped thingy.

You''re welcome, Snooper. It was actually Eva who took the pics.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Snooper what a LOVELY stone! You are a woman after my own heart! (been looking for a champagne for a while - no luck)

I voted for the three stone setting but either way it''s going to be gorgeous (I like the rose gold prongs as well). Can I ask what the colour is "officially"? Like, is it a C1-C3 champagne etc? It seems champagnes have the letter grade but also the colour in the description?

- Jodie -

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tough tough tough!!!!!! I''m gonna say the 3-stone with the RG prongs - I prefer cleaner/simpler styles, but they are both lovely!!!!!!!!! How are you planning to wear it - daily or special occasion?

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 10:32:48 PM
Author: mausketeer
Snooper what a LOVELY stone! You are a woman after my own heart! (been looking for a champagne for a while - no luck)

I voted for the three stone setting but either way it''s going to be gorgeous (I like the rose gold prongs as well). Can I ask what the colour is ''officially''? Like, is it a C1-C3 champagne etc? It seems champagnes have the letter grade but also the colour in the description?

- Jodie -

Not sure what the official color is but I''ll have having LM send it off to GIA prior to setting it. Had the color not been exactly what I wanted, I would have had it sent off to GIA prior but didn''t in case it wasn''t visually what I wanted (why put out $ for something you might not get).

motownmama: Thanks! I''m now trying to narrow down what halo setting I want (split shank w/ halo like Harriet''s or just a halo).

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to vote the 3 stone but with pink side stones (pale pink sapphires maybe?), or pink melee in the halo, or rose gold prongs on a white halo with pink mele on the band....but everyone''s beat me to it! lol, good luck whatever you choose, you have great taste - I''m constantly drooling over your antique cushion and yellow EC!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Snooper, have you decided?

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a beautiful ring =)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone. I voted for the three-stone setting, but that''s because a halo would be abit to "blingy" *for me*. Either style would do an amazing job showcasing your diamond!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous cushion snooper. I think ANYTHING you set it with/in will pale in comparison to it''s stunningness.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the halo because according to your avatar you already have a 3 stone (but if I''m not mistaken you probably
already have a halo too???). I''m going to stick with the halo idea...either would be gorgeous
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your diamond, very pretty color!
I voted for the halo setting...I love that setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results