shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adwar is a casting company that supplies to jewelers. The will order the blank mounting and fill it with little side diamonds.

Since it looks like we're looking at fancy cuts and not a round stone, you probably wouldn't want to go below an I. If you're getting an Asscher or emerald shape, at least VS2 clarity.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a bit hard to advise you on what cut diamond to get. It''s very personal. Personally I love ovals because you get the spread of a round without the price tag and they look awesome when mounted... but they are hard to shop for. Here is a thread with ovals. Rounds are the brightest hnave great spread and are most easy to shop for... and princesses are getting easier to shop for but you don''t get a lot spread with them... and personally I''d want to get the most spread for my buck.

Is this a complete surprise to her or can you ask her what shape she prefers for a center stone?

itzamna23

Rough_Rock
We have looked at rings, but it will be a surprise. We never looked at ovals. I will price some of them. Thanks you to everyone for all your help!! I am so new at this ha.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think go for the halo if your gf''s fave is the Legacy.

1 cent: she likes the look
+1 cent: even if you sunk 2K into the stone (say, princess?) and got a $200 plain setting, the biggest stone you''d get is probably about .75 ct. If you halo''ed a .5 stone, it''d look bigger than a .75 stone on it''s own.

=2 cents

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
hi itzamna,

i''ve stared at more halos in the past 2 months than in my entire life =)
i just posted my (though not "technically mine" haha) legacy inspired halo ring in this thread.

but definitely there are so many halos on both this site and on the web. check out the ering/eyecandy thread, and set the number of posts to something like 300 to reduce it only to maybe 15 pages i think? it''s a LOT to look through but there are some really amazing halo rings posted in there.

so you and your fiance may want to decide if she likes the legacy look or the leon mege look or the daniel k look or something completely different. i swear, i never though the subcategory of "halo rings" would be sooo huge in variations!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
People on PS can have lots of varying opinions about importance of stone vs. setting.....for some guys I''d be on the side of finding the perfect stone, getting a temporary setting, and then choosing THE setting together.

HOWEVER.

For you (since your girlfriend and I seem to have similar ring tastes) I would keep doing some research on what your budget can do halo-setting wise and try to find a GREAT legacy-esque setting and a GREAT (budget-minded!) stone. If that''s the look she loves, then that''s the look she loves. AND, a good halo really makes a stone look so much bigger.

You could go 2 different ways like that, I think: find an existing setting (like adwar or firenze) and then search for an appropriate stone, OR you find a pre-set ring (like with signed pieces or estatediamondjewelry or faycullen......) Sounds like custom would be too pricey.

Since you''re still pretty new, I would do some surfing in SMTR--like check out different shapes, different halos, etc just to get an idea of different looks and what appeals to you. You won''t find a STONE like the legacy has (that''s a branded step-cut cushion unique to T&Co, and frankly, it''s just ok in my opinion. I mean, it''s lovely, but I think there might be more sparkle in something else. Did you like the look of the princess on BlueNile? Princesses are very sharp and square, so that''s quite a different profile than the other halo rings you were pondering, BUT.....if you like the look, they are easy enough to find a good selection of (vs., say trying to find a cushion or an asscher) and I have seen some lovely haloed ones.

itzamna23

Rough_Rock
Julie,
I think your right. I am going to look around and take all the advice everyone gave me and get back to you guys! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I appreciate you all taking time to answer all my questions and helping me out.
I will post soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results