shape
carat
color
clarity

What about this band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
Does this band look alright? Having a split shank is hard to find a band for. I didn''t want a curved band. I posted a different band about a month back and didnt'' get good reviews so I bought another band. I''m going to keep my single prong band to wear as a right hand ring and to stack with this band. What do you think? Like last time, I want honest opinions! Thanks!

newband711.JPG

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the band, but I am not sure I love it with your ering, which is just beautiful.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that band. I have a split shank and I will be buying something similar to that for myself.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love both separately, but would prefer to see a band with your ering that matches exactly. Like a straight band that has the stones set the same way ya know?

loverocks

Shiny_Rock
I agree with neatfreak.....I am not a "flush" fit person, so I like the look of the regular band with your split shank. Have you considered a band on both sides? I like that look with some split shanks. BTW- your ering is to die for, I love seeing pictures of it!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 5:28:38 PM
Author: neatfreak
I love both separately, but would prefer to see a band with your ering that matches exactly. Like a straight band that has the stones set the same way ya know?

Ditto!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I like the band, but it just doesn't look quite right with your ering...... both rings are absolutely lovely. Otherwise, if the budget allows, I think a band on each side would look really great.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
I have a ring that is almost idential to yours from the top (slightly higher perhaps with less space between the shanks but very similar) and it hasn''t looked right with any of the wedding bands I have tried on. Luckily it does have a matching WB I just haven''t been able to try it on yet. However, every time I try a WB on with it I think that is really does look better alone. The all seem to take away from the diamond, and as my ring (and yours) is pretty blingy, they really can stand alone. So I think I will probably just wear a WB on my right hand (unless I love the matching one) or forego one altogether.

Having said that, I actually don''t mind the look of the one you have on here with it, but I probably still prefer your ring on it own.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s works with it, but it''s not a great match. Forgive my honesty. I would probably get a band with the exact type of pave that your e-ring has (no milgrain or edges) for it to really look like a match. Otherwise I would get something totally different and doesn''t look like it''s supposed to match, if that makes any sense...

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I actually really like it a lot! I also have a split shank ring, and I have a similar band for mine. If you like how it looks, I say it''s a keeper!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I like it
1.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 7:36:04 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 6/24/2008 6:21:16 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I think its just lovely... but.. I think a shared prong eternity would match your already gorgeous engagement ring really beautifully...
*eta.. if you don''t want matchy, its beautiful.. I came back to have a gander again and I still love both rings and if they were my rings, it wouldn''t bother me. But YOU have to love it. :)
That sounds so cute!
1.gif
I may have to add that in to my vocab...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with NF, I like both rings on their own, but not loving them paired together.

This is one of those rare times where I would like the same matchy-matchy pave as the e-ring.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I''d say it''s very, very unlikely anyone in real life would even notice they aren''t a set. People rarely scrutinize other people''s rings like we do here in pictures! So if you''re concerned about other people day-to-day looking at it and thinking you don''t have a matched set, I wouldn''t worry.

However, you have to love it yourself. If you do, keep it! They''re both gorgeous rings. Yeah, you could get nitpicky and get one set exactly the same and it might look closer to being an exact match, but I''d say the difference is so subtle it''s totally up to you.

For what its worth, if I had your set, I would wear that e-ring by itself with NO wedding band, with the eternity ring on the other hand. For myself, I have two rings I swap back & forth from right to left hand (one''s technically my e-ring and one is supposed to be a RHR but nobody but me would know that.) Neither looks good with a band so I don''t wear one. Yeah, you will have people ask "Oh are you engaged?" which surprised me a bit, but it isn''t worth it to me to track down a w-band when I think either ring I wear stands alone just fine. I think yours does for sure too! It''s beautiful BTW!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t like a curved band either... I''d want something exactly the same weight as the micropave on your e-ring... and maybe even two of them!

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
I am a very boring matchy-matchy person so I would have to get the stones set exactly the same way on both rings. I agree with SanDiegoLady, if you love it, wear it.

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for everyone''s opinions! I really do appreciate it.

I am not a matchy match person because this ring does have a curved band that matches with it but I don''t want it to curve up against the e-ring because then the ring doesn''t look balanced. I could get two curved bands for both sides, but I want the e-ring to stand out more than the bands. Out of all the bands I have tried on, this is probably the best match without it being a perfect match. In real life, the milgrain edge is barely noticable and I like that it adds a thickness to the ring. My split shank is pretty thin...I''d say about 1 mm each so to have a pave band that size would probably be too thin and wouldn''t stick out as a band too me.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like them together!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m with the "matchy-matchy" crew. I think it would look great without the milgrain. Both are beautiful on their own, but I prefer not to mix styles.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new band is very pretty but I''m not sure it''s the best compliment to your gorgeous engagement ring. I''d order a band with the same size diamonds as your split shank and without any milgraining. I can''t tell what the setting style is on your e-ring, but if it''s shared prong, I''d go with shared prong. You can always keep your new band to wear on it''s own when you don''t feel like wearing your whole wedding set or switch it to the other hand. No need to return it. It''s very pretty and it also offers you a different style option.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i like that they aren''t perfectly matched, but i wonder if a slightly thinner band would work better with your split-shank?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I happen to love it together - when it popped up on the screen I thought - WOW! I never even thought about matching until I read the other comments - I love a more individual look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results