shape
carat
color
clarity

Wanted to share my upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to share pictures, since I''m so excited!

I''ve been wearing my ring with a .75 carat cz and cz sidestones for almost 6 years. I have no issues with a cz, and never really expected to upgrade to a center diamond, although we had talked about changing the cz sidestones to diamonds by our 5th anniversary (which is next May).

I stopped by a local jeweler to change my center cz to an Asha. He offered me an absolutely unbelievable price on a new center diamond and changing the sidestones, and I decided to go for it.

He bought the diamond secondhand from a customer (it was actually set in a yellow gold solitaire when I saw it), so I don''t have too much information. I''m planning to take it for an appraisal soon to verify it all, but even without that I''m really happy with what I got for the price.

Here it is, .89 carat, G-H, I1 (sidestones are .2 ctw, G-H, VS2 to match my wedding band, which is .33 carat Scott Kay in platinum):

newringsm.jpg

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
Last one, outside:

I''m so sad it''s rainy today and I can''t take pictures and play with my new toy in the sun!

newring2sm.jpg

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
what a beautiful set!! Congrats on your new center stone, it''s lovely!
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings. Congratulations.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How exciting--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely upgrade, congratulations to you!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your upgrade it''s really pretty. Hopefully the sun will come out tomorrow!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on your upgrade! It looks lovely on your hand, and what a providential set of events!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!! It is so beautiful!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vetrik, what a lovely upgrade surprise! I think your wedding set is lovely. It looks perfect on your hand.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!! It looks just lovely on your hand! Good job!!

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 5:59:06 PM
Author:vetrik
I just wanted to share pictures, since I''m so excited!

I''ve been wearing my ring with a .75 carat cz and cz sidestones for almost 6 years. I have no issues with a cz, and never really expected to upgrade to a center diamond, although we had talked about changing the cz sidestones to diamonds by our 5th anniversary (which is next May).

I stopped by a local jeweler to change my center cz to an Asha. He offered me an absolutely unbelievable price on a new center diamond and changing the sidestones, and I decided to go for it.

He bought the diamond secondhand from a customer (it was actually set in a yellow gold solitaire when I saw it), so I don''t have too much information. I''m planning to take it for an appraisal soon to verify it all, but even without that I''m really happy with what I got for the price.

Here it is, .89 carat, G-H, I1 (sidestones are .2 ctw, G-H, VS2 to match my wedding band, which is .33 carat Scott Kay in platinum):
You must be ecstatic! I remember when I first got my ring setting. I left the CZ in it for a few months.
I had a hard time trying to find the perfect stone. But when it''s right, it''s thrilling!
I''m happy you were able to find such a pretty diamond for your ring! Congrats!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a gorgeous set!

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all - I''ve been lurking here for a long time admiring all the beautiful rings!

I love my new ring. I have to be honest, now that I have a diamond in my ring, there''s no comparison with the cz. I never realized what a difference there would be - of course, the cz was pretty beat up after 6 years. I keep staring at my finger like I''m newly engaged!

I feel lucky because the size and setting have always been my dream ring, now I feel like it''s complete. I had my setting custom done 6 years ago. It was originally inspired by the Vatche Pave X-Prong, but with only one row of diamonds because of my (short, fat) fingers, and able to sit flush with a straight band. I never wanted any larger than .75 carat, but I am enjoying my new .89 carat. There''s not a huge difference in size, although I do notice a bit of a difference. I wouldn''t want to go any larger though (I know I don''t suffer from shrinkage!). I love to look at rings, but I''m always drawn to rings that are similar to my own - what''s funny is how much more popular this style has gotten.

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
oooooo vetrik! your set is just lovely!!

you say your fingers are short & fat, but i can''t tell at all!! what''s your ring size, if you don''t mind me asking?

congrats on your upgrade!!!
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Meant to be!! What a great upgrade & a great deal (sounds like)! Even better: it looks marvelous on you! Congrats!!

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 3:42:05 PM
Author: waitingpatiently
oooooo vetrik! your set is just lovely!!

you say your fingers are short & fat, but i can''t tell at all!! what''s your ring size, if you don''t mind me asking?

congrats on your upgrade!!!
36.gif
Thank you!

I wear a 6.5 - I know that''s not a huge size, but I have very short fingers. My mom''s fingers are a little longer than mine, and her ring size is 3.75. I have the smallest hands/fingers of anyone I know, and that was a big concern for me when I started picking out rings. I don''t have a lot of finger space to work with!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results