shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Pendant Poll - please vote, suggestions welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My birthday is coming up in June and what I would really like is a vintage style pendant. I have wanted one for awhile but haven''t found the right one. I''m also not sure these would be the only contenders so if you have seen a vintage style pendant somewhere, please post it! I would like to keep it under $1K, less if possible. They tend to not be alot of ctw anyway, so that shouldn''t be hard.

These are 3 that I found. There is one of the 3 that I slightly favor, but I won''t say which yet, because even though it is a frontrunner it doesn''t completely fit the bill for me...but I''d take it!!
2.gif

So.......which of the 3 (and please post more if you find some!) would you pick?

Pear, Oval, or Flower?

Here is the pear (though it seems to have uneven milgraining on the right bottom inner portion? or is it just me?)

pear drop 01.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
My vote is for the pear or oval. The flower looks a little too costume jewelry-ish. Where''d you find these pieces? Are they from the same website?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll tell you where I found them...after I choose one.
2.gif
Vultures everywhere.
9.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Haha!! Yes, there are vultures everywhere!

I'm in the process of having a diamond pendant for my wedding. For months I was looking around for the perfect one and never found exactly what I wanted. I decided to go semi-custom by getting an Adwar setting and having WF add their ACA diamonds to it. It's actually turning out to be a lot cheaper (with better quality diamonds) than getting the pre-made pendants.

My Thread:here

ETA: Just realized that you (firegoddess) had obviously seen my thread because you were one of the first to post! Anyway, best of luck in finding the perfect setting!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do love the halo pendant you've got in the works, particularly with the melee on the side rim. It's something I've been wanting to do with a 0.5 ct princess stone I have, but it's a little rectangular so not sure I'd be able to put it in an Adwar casting or not. Something to discuss when I find a new jeweler!!

FYI to everyone on these pendants, they are all approx 0.25 ctw, GH color, VS clarity.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
All beautiful choices, but I really like the flower. I think it is a very classic, pretty, and timeless design.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the pear shaped one - it matches your ring without being too matchy poochy!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
These 3 I liked from that page Jelly. The 2 on the left probably more than the 3rd.

adwar3cat.jpg

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the pear too!! Yummy!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the votes so far - keep ''em coming!

Jelly - did you ever end up ordering the Beverly K earrings or pendant from Pearlmans? If so, did you like it? I love the designs - freaking love them but the ctw versus the sheer number of melee make it seem like they would be subtle sparklers over something that would make you think wowee!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the pear and the oval. I wished you lived near me. There is a great store that sells all this kind of stuff with great quality diamonds and way less than 1K. I found out about it though Diamondfan and bought a great necklace today. No pics you vultures.... You''ll have to wait for Nan to come visit me, hehe.
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa next time I go over to the East Coast I''m stopping over to have lunch and you need to take me there!!!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 9:13:24 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Lisa next time I go over to the East Coast I''m stopping over to have lunch and you need to take me there!!!
1.gif
I''d be glad to have you anytime!!! We would have a blast!!!
31.gif
9.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I know this sounds a little crazy, but if it were me looking for a vintage pendant, I would look on ebay & at flea markets for an antique brooch or stick pin and add a bale. (If you chose a stick pin, you''d have to remove the pin stem too.)

Something like one of these:

stickpin 1
gold & plat brooch with bail
brooch2
diamond, sapphire, & pearl brooch
another sapphire beaut
little & cute
another brooch
plat filigree pendant w/pin back

I don''t mean to recommend any of these particular sellers--I don''t know anything about them. Those examples are just to give you an idea of what I meant.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2006 9:00:52 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Thanks for the votes so far - keep ''em coming!

Jelly - did you ever end up ordering the Beverly K earrings or pendant from Pearlmans? If so, did you like it? I love the designs - freaking love them but the ctw versus the sheer number of melee make it seem like they would be subtle sparklers over something that would make you think wowee!!
You''re exactly right! I found a local jeweler that carried the Beverly K jewelry and although they are very delicate and beautiful, they were very small.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the pear too. I think it complement your e-ring very nicely.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the pear!!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
And oddly enough, it can be opened to have a different look:

FayCullenNecklacejel2.jpg

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Pear! Delicious!
18.gif

Oooh, but that Fay Cullen Jelly just posted is interesting......hmmm....

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
the PEAR the PEAR the PEAR

does that count as three votes?
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

And you must post where you found those once you make a purchase I am just dying to know!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I love the pear, but wouldn''t suggest that one just because it would give you something different, a little more variety, to choose another shape. I really like the flower one.

If anyone subscribes to People magazine, Tracy Pollan (Michael J. Fox''s wife) has a vintage-looking pendant on (p. 12). It looks like a small, square diamond with a halo pendant (possibly a princess), then a few diamonds by the yard on the chain. It''s beautiful.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE THIS ONE!!!!! I don't really love any of the above ones, because they all look just a little too 'new metal' if that makes sense...so it doesn't strike me as vintage. But this FC one..yum. I am such a sucker for the starbursts.

Fay Cullen .53ctw $1170.00

fay cullen diamond 53ctw pendant.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i also really like this one... it does look like fine lace...

Diamond Lace Pendant .50ctw $795 from Fortunoff

diamond lace 50ctw 795 fortunoff.jpg

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I vote the Pear as it''ll match your ER, or the Diamond Lace Pendant from Fortunoff.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results