shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Cushion Completed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my, this is gorgeous!!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness....that ring is to die for. I love how you set it e-w. What a cool way to find your ring. Your hubby is quite creative. Hope your feeling better.
35.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 12:08:21 AM
Author: scarlet16

Date: 3/22/2008 6:00:01 PM
Author: IheartDiamonds

Date: 3/22/2008 1:26:36 PM
ARGHH...all these new gorgeous settings are just getting me SOOO confused as to what I want! I LOVE it
30.gif
30.gif
! Such a stunning set!.

A few questions for you:
Can you take more pictures of the detailing on the shank?
Do your 2 bands sit flush against the ring?
Are the sidestones bead set or pave or something else?

AGAIN - GORGEOUS!!!
Hi Scarlet16,

You sound like your a little overwhelmed
1.gif
I know it can be hard to try and find/make the perfect ring...

First, I suggest you find the cushion you want and purchase it. I believe I saw your thread on a cushion you have on hold? After you have your stone, you need to design a setting that will compliment the stone... Cushions- cuts, ratios and size have a huge range- For example: Boston_Jeff's cushion looks like a modern cushion and thats why it looks good in a modern setting, and I believe CrookedRock's planned setting (by Leon) is going to have a halo and split shank w/ pave all around... If you look at CrookedRock's stone and imagine it in it's future setting, I really think it's going to look amazing. My point, even though both those settings are fabulous it may have not have looked as good on my cushion... Let your cushion speak to you
1.gif
They really are all different.... Does this make sense?

I will try to get more pics up soon.

My other bands sit flush on each other but not with my cushion ring. I love stacking and I love a little gap.

I have no idea on what my side stones would be classified under, I was just presented a drawing of this ring with small diamonds on the side and I said ' go for it'.

Hope this helps... Keep us posted on your ring hunt.
Thanks Iheartdiamonds. Maybe I will just wear the stone in a temp setting for a little while and let it 'speak' to me before I decide what I really want. I just keep seeing all these GORGEOUS settings and am so anxious!
Iheartdiamonds~ This ring turned out amazing!!! Firstly I just love the fish tank idea, so unique! Secondly, this setting is fantastic, it really really does compliment this stone perfectly, I can't imagine it set any other way... Thanks for the compliment on my future ring, I have to agree with you, that each cushion has a personality, and those personalities are loud. I really thought I knew what I wanted to do with my cushion before I got it. BUt when I had it in my hands and sat across from Leon with it, I totally changed my mind. My cushion wasn't meant to be east west as I had originally wanted. I had also not really explored to split shank option much. I can only hope that we picked the right home for it, as you did with this one!
Thanks so much for sharing, and I would totally welcome say... 50 more pics!!!
36.gif

PS> I still can't get over the fact that you found this amazing stone hidden in an old sertting! What an amazing eye you guys have!!!
30.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Just gorgeous! Great stone, and I love the setting! Looks great with your bands too!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Prettiest cushion setting I have seen, congrats!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cut on that cushion is like no other!!! Just spectacular! The setting really is perfect for that wonderful vintage cut! SWWWOOON!!
18.gif
30.gif

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to thank everyone again who has commented on this thread
1.gif
. It feels like I am able to share my happiness and excitement with you all, and it''s great finding a group of people who appreciates the rarity and beauty of a vintage stone and for all diamonds. I have learned a lot from this forum and appreciate everyone who shares their photos with us. All the pics and info helped educate me on all types of settings and stones, and after lots of careful thought I was able to come up with my ring. Thanks again fellow pricescopers!
35.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t remember if I actually posted about this gorgeous ring before or just lost myself in admiring it! Just in case, had to say - it''s just beautiful! I love the stone, the design of the setting, everything about it!!
30.gif
congrats on your amazing new ring
1.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I admit it! I came back to drool some more! It''s still fantastic....
30.gif

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 1:19:55 PM
Author: CrookedRock
30.gif
LOL you''re so funny and honest
2.gif
Can''t wait to see your ring... Do you know if Leon has started to work on it? The wait is really hard... My whole ring process took like around 6 months. It''s because it went thru so many people, I couldn''t find someone I trusted to make the ring for a long time. I''m glad I took my time and found the right person though... I''m totally in love with my ring and I never want to take it off. I even like sleeping with it
1.gif

Look forward to hearing any updates on your ring... Do you know if Scarlet found a cushion?

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Oh BTW I am planning on taking more pics soon.... Once I find a little time I will do so.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
GORGEOUS!!
30.gif
30.gif

Your beauty makes me rethink the engagement ring my boyfriend and I are designing right now!

Maybe he''ll surprise me with both??
12.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I ... am ... speechless.

And,y''know, that almost never happens to me.

Wait ... wait ... the right words are slowly occurring to me: they are "unbelievably" and "gorgeous." Congratulations!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 4:18:00 PM

Ok, I admit it! I came back to drool some more! It's still fantastic....
30.gif
LOL you're so funny and honest
2.gif
Can't wait to see your ring... Do you know if Leon has started to work on it? The wait is really hard... My whole ring process took like around 6 months. It's because it went thru so many people, I couldn't find someone I trusted to make the ring for a long time. I'm glad I took my time and found the right person though... I'm totally in love with my ring and I never want to take it off. I even like sleeping with it
1.gif

Look forward to hearing any updates on your ring... Do you know if Scarlet found a cushion?
emwink.gif
I keep looking at these same pics... Do you have any more laying around??
I do think Leon has started it. He told the bf he was gonna start right away as soon as we approved to qoute, even before he got the check... Last night the bf let it slip that he had talked to him again in order to work out shipping it to us. I didn't realize it was such an ordeal to ship these suckers when they can't go FedEx. Anyway, things seem to be rolling, thank god, and when I mentioned last night to the bf that I am counting the days and it should be here by the end of April, he tried to throw me off by joking that it was now going to take 8 weeks! Very funny
11.gif
All I do know is that I should have it by the my Bday (May 24th). Just don't know if he is going to wait until we go to Nantucket that weekend, or do something a lil more close to home...
I really do wish though that Leon sent pictures of the progress, but I am not even going to attempt to ask!

Scarlet.... She did find her cushion! Let me see if I can find the thread...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chunky-chunky.81292/

It's gorgeous!! I can't wait to see hers too!
30.gif

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Incredible!What a treausure!

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 9:00:40 PM
Author: LoveDeco
GORGEOUS!!
30.gif
30.gif

Your beauty makes me rethink the engagement ring my boyfriend and I are designing right now!

Maybe he''ll surprise me with both??
12.gif
What of your ring did it make you rethink?

Did you find the asscher I believe you were looking for? I really liked your art deco asscher ring you wanted to make.... If I hadn''t have found my cushion I would have done a asscher in a art deco setting or maybe just a plain solitare setting... I love love asschers as well. If you have pics of your stone can you post them? I would love to see it
1.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Love the setting and stone! Congrats!!!!!!!

MrsSteketeeToBe

Rough_Rock
what a beautiful ring! i love halos! i especially love the basket on your ring
9.gif
congratuations to you and your new fiance''!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 4:18:00 PM

30.gif
2.gif
Can''t wait to see your ring... Do you know if Leon has started to work on it? The wait is really hard... My whole ring process took like around 6 months. It''s because it went thru so many people, I couldn''t find someone I trusted to make the ring for a long time. I''m glad I took my time and found the right person though... I''m totally in love with my ring and I never want to take it off. I even like sleeping with it
1.gif

I found a cushion! It''s a gorgeous antique style 1.66ct that faces up like a 2ct. Still trying to figure out if I want to put it in a temp setting for the time being. Thanks for asking!!

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 5:24:56 PM

style="WIDTH: 101.65%; HEIGHT: 262px">Date: 3/25/2008 4:18:00 PM

30.gif
2.gif
1.gif

I found a cushion! It''s a gorgeous antique style 1.66ct that faces up like a 2ct. Still trying to figure out if I want to put it in a temp setting for the time being. Thanks for asking!!
Thats great Scarlet16!!! Congrats
9.gif
I think a real simple/classic Tiffany style setting will be nice.... Can''t wait to see it!

ktrkate08

Rough_Rock
GORGEOUS! I officially think that''s my favorite cushion ever!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! It''s gorgeous!

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 6:19:36 PM
Author: ktrkate08
GORGEOUS! I officially think that''s my favorite cushion ever!
Thanks Ktrkate08,

Thanks!

I put lots and lots of thought into this setting, I really thought about the stone and it''s age and wanted to create a setting that will compliment it. It was also very important to my husband and I to make sure the setting was very flowy and gave a organic feel to the ring but at the same time kept with the Edwardian style.... Not sure if you can tell from the pics, but the ring is suppose to resemble a flower... The way the sides of the ring come up are suppose to be/mimic petals, the basket has NO straight lines (flowers in nature have no straight lines). And the cat claws gently crawl up on each corner of the stone and holds it in place (sorta branch like). Obviously, it''s does not look literally like a flower, but it was my inspiration and it helped guide me. So yea there was a lot of thought and time put into this setting, so it makes me very happy that you think it''s your favorite cushion
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results