shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Signature cushion w/ Rose Gold Triple Pave

Ladies (and some gentlemen),

I recently worked with Victor Canera to commission an engagement ring for my fiance to be.

I would not have discovered Victor's beautiful, delicate work had it not been for this forum. Like most men, I don't shop for big diamonds often (ever) so pricescope was helpful both in seeing what the current trends are, as well as determine what aspects define a beautiful stone and ring. I thank everyone that contributes here. Choosing a ring is a huge investment and commitment, objective expertise is hard to come by.

The ring just arrived tonight, so I just took some photos to show off my purchase and give Victor the recognition he deserves. The stone has astonishing sparkle and color, which is accentuated by the sparkles from the pave setting. It has a glowing pastel aura. Impossible to capture in stills. I may add daylight photos later.

I spoke to him only once on the phone, but exchanged about 100 emails. It's difficult to work remotely and it went as well as it probably could. Victor is extremely responsive. There was apprehension going into a large purchase with someone I've never physically met, but the final product is a home run.

The stone is one of his Signature cuts, AGS Ideal, 2.11 J color. As you can see it is set in 18K Rose Gold solitare, single cut pave, triple pave shank, pave stems. It is a size 4 for reference.

p1020178.jpg

p1020180.jpg

p1020181.jpg

p1020182.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a work of art! Your future fiance will be blown away by this VC ring! What have you decided to do about a wedding band in light all of the pave on the shank of the ER? You may need a spacer for it.

Thanks everyone

As far as the wedding ring, I don't really know yet!

I know the pave is delicate and you can't have the two rings rubbing together.

I was thinking maybe a very simple wedding ring. Then maybe the e-ring could be worn on the right hand or alternatively. I guess it's up to her.

Is the double e-ring / wedding ring a new trend? I always was under the impression women could wear one or the other. (I mean either way you get the point across)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to have both an ER and wedding band on my left hand and a separate RHR. But as Kenny would say, "people vary," though!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!!!! I LOVE how the rose gold just makes the stone look perfect!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Holy mother of rose gold!!!!! Beautiful ring!!!!!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exquisite - she'll be blown away! Well done, sir!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Its beyond Gorgeous!!!!! :love: :love: VC's work is impeccable and truly a work of art to compliment a gorgeous stone such as this one! Congrats you have done REALLY well! :appl: Would love to see handshots after the proposal!! :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. Well done sir! :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh it is lovely! I love rose gold and this ring is beautiful! Just stunning! thank you for posting pictures!

As for wedding bands just let your FI figure it out. She may want one or might not care or might just wear it on the right hand. I found that trying bands on at the store helped so I had a visual. You can always custom if you can't find something you don't love. I think a two tone band in rose gold/ white gold would be beautiful though to complete the set.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another amazing Victor Canera masterpiece!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: I saw that gorgeous ring on his FB page and hoped it would be posted here!

If you are American, it is customary for the engagement ring to be worn on the left hand ring finger with the wedding band below it. I think Victor needs to make a rose gold thin, low spacer band and the wedding band that will go with the e-ring. I know of no one in real life who wears their engagement ring on their right hand and a wedding band on the left. Plus, if she is right handed, she really needs to be wearing all that pave on her left since the right hand is the one that grasps things more, such as door handles, etc.
If you had the ring made for her left hand, it may not even fit the right hand anyway since most people have two different ring sizes.

Wow such positivity on this forum!

If this were some of the male dominated Ski Forums I frequent I would have probably received insults directed at myself and my mother. Men are from Mars.

I had a tough time deciding between YG and RG. I think both would have been great, but I decided on RG since I do like that it is so in style not just with women's jewelery but also in high end mens timepieces. I think anything if well executed will stand the test of time, even if it reflects trends of the era. That's why I went with Victor, his design is holisitic and you can see it in the proportions and shape of the ring.

Thank you all for the advice concerning the WR and the spacer, I will consult with Victor for sure when the time comes.

My brother was just engaged, so I may have to delay my engagement per societal rules. Now that I have this beauty it will be difficult to keep it under wraps.

What are your thoughts on engagement protocols?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well done!

cheers--Sharon

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
This ring is absolute perfection- it truly takes my breath away- WOW!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
OMG STUNNING!!! :love: :appl: :love:

Don't delay too long! That thing of beauty NEEDS to be worn! Please don't forget to come back and post hand pics once she is wearing it!

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Astonished by the design definitely!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Gold rose is so stunning to match with the stone. :)

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Holy Cr@p!!! excuse my french...but that is a perfect ring. Simply perfect. :love: :lickout:

she will LOVE it!!! and I agree.. please don't make her wait too long!

sina

Rough_Rock
OMG!!!! I never thought I would like rose gold so much but this is one of the prettiest rings I've ever seen. WOW! You did such a good job, I am so impressed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results