clarity

#JOTW Victor Canera reset my 3.39 ct OEC! Tapered French cuts

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my word, woman!!! It sounds dreamy!!! Post some pics please!!!! :appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I keep refreshing to see if there are any new pics.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
athenaworth|1300996495|2879280 said:
I keep refreshing to see if there are any new pics.

:wavey: :appl: :naughty:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
IE is driving me batty. The version on my new laptop is really buggy and it keeps crashing after I've *just* uploaded some pics but not clicked post! OK. So once again- these are under the fluoro lights at work, I will go try for some better lighting during lunch. And then some kitty litter and flowers for Circe as promised later on :Up_to_something:

lgkcanera.jpg

lgkcanera3.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Wow, finally! OK lets try for some more- I've got a mini avalanche of pics for you guys, haha.

lgkcanera4.jpg

lgkcanera6.jpg

lgkcanera5.jpg

lgkcanera7.jpg

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! Drop.Dead.Gorgeous! :love:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LGK, that is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLY STUNNING!!! If I ever reset The Brick I may have to beg your permission to use your ring as inspiration for something similar!

MORE MORE MORE pics!!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it's looks beautiful on you!! that stone is just jaw dropping!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!

amazing. the craftsmanship on that piece is...just amazing. the engraving, the teeny tiny milgrain, the filigree...it is all perfect for your center stone.

and yes, more pics :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OH MY GOSH! :love: :love: :love: It is perfection on your hand! Wow! I do not have enough amazing words in my vocabulary to describe the beauty of your new setting and how stunning your goergeous OEC looks in it. Just stupendous!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
:o , *gasp*, :love:

Holy moly, LKG, it's incredible! That profile is TDF and the engraving and milgraining is top notch. Enjoy that beauty!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
(I am so switching to Google Chrome. SO much faster and less crashtastic!)

Yet more. You can see how much lint I got on it, after wiping ahem, SOMEONE'S grubby little pawprints off it. My coworker, C, is very much into "looking with her hands" at jewelry and grimed it up immediately when I let her see it, haha. I was very polite and didn't hit the ceiling- my mom is way worse and I've gotten used to having to wipe jewelry down after letting her "see" (feel) it.

Dee*Jay, if you ever feel like copying it, even down to the last detail, feel quite free- and anyone else too, for that matter. I'd be flattered to bits. (Your Brick would look smashing with French cuts I bet!) Heck, Wintotty, Love_Street, and AngieTaren all have really similar settings too, it's not like we aren't all bouncing variations on themes back & forth all over PS anyway :naughty:

I'll have more to say to everyone else later too- besides thank you all!- when I'm actually off work. (Erm. Yep I'm at work- luckily it's quite dead today.)

lgkcanera12.jpg

lgkcanera13.jpg

lgkcanera14.jpg

lgkcanera16.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
The double milgrain bezel and teensy orange blossoms are such dreamy touches. It's really perfection!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowo

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

ps LGK you are gorgeous!!!!!!!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
This is the last of the first batch of pics; I'll have some more later, I promise to absolutely drive everyone crazy with an overload of pictures :naughty:

lgkcanera17.jpg

lgkcanera18.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG.

That is GORGEOUS.

....What a work of art!!! The colours, the stones, that *beautiful* setting with the oh-so-dainty milgrain and delicate engraving and yet - so substantial.... Victor did an *amazing* job. Truly.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one of the MOST EXQUISITE rings I have ever seen!! You must be over the moon!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

This is one of my new favorites!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY!!!!! THat is incredible!!! look at the engraving and milgrain! impeccable!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: SERIOUSLY in Awe with this piece!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
just had to come back to say that I think it looks really nice with your bracelet! (I must admit...the first few times I was so focused on the ring that I didn't even notice your bracelet :oops: )

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
This has to be one of the most incredibly beautiful rings I have ever seen! It is truly a work of art -- the detail, artistry, balance of delicate engraving with amazing design -- substantial yet flowing. The facet pattern on your center stone is beautifully complimented by the french cuts. It gives you amazing finger coverage and every time I look back through the pictures I notice another detail. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I love it. :appl: :appl: :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LGK, it is gorgeous!!! It really showcases the beautiful work Victor is capable of. It is a stunning ring!!!!

I have a question though. I have noticed that just about everyone who has french cuts down the side only does 5 or 6. Is there a
reason not to go to 5 and 7 O'clock with them. Are they just two expensive? I love the look of your ring. Maybe a reset is in my
future but I think I would want either an eternity or 3/4. Then engraving is perfect on your ring so you really didn't need more
stones, but I was just wondering.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
My heavens that is a work of art, now I want a ring like that!!! I'm so in love with the floral and scroll work on the shank not to mention the french cuts and milgrained bezel. Every detail is exquisite, how did you communicate to Victor on the design of the ring because it's so detailed and intricate. I'm so in love with your AVC RG bracelet too. Enjoy Enjoy--thank you for sharing the spectacular pictures :appl:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1301002581|2879417 said:
LGK, it is gorgeous!!! It really showcases the beautiful work Victor is capable of. It is a stunning ring!!!!

I have a question though. I have noticed that just about everyone who has french cuts down the side only does 5 or 6. Is there a
reason not to go to 5 and 7 O'clock with them. Are they just two expensive? I love the look of your ring. Maybe a reset is in my
future but I think I would want either an eternity or 3/4. Then engraving is perfect on your ring so you really didn't need more
stones, but I was just wondering.
I think it's just personal preference- I don't know how much more it would be for a 3/4 or full eternity actually, I didn't ask. :rodent: My guess is that once they're already recutting princesses into French cuts that a few more of the smaller size might not be a giant expense if they're already cutting some. In my case, yep, I wanted the engraving and even as they are, only the stones show even if the setting spins a bit. I am sure it would be do-able anyway.

Sandy, with the details on the setting I really just left it up to Victor, lol, I really can't take credit for the choices he made there! I explained I wanted a bezel, that I wanted the tapered shank to, well, taper more with a stronger curve than the one he made for AngieTaren, and that I wanted a bit of filigree and engraving all over. That was pretty much *it* for directions I gave him- I had looked at enough of his work, and liked his aesthetic choices enough, that I really felt fine leaving the detail up to him. And, in fact, every decision he made in terms of the detail work was exactly what I would have asked for if I'd felt like micro-managing. (Nothing wrong with wanting to do that of course- but personally I felt confident in his work and his eye for detail, and decided not to :tongue: ). After I got the setting today and emailed him to tell him how thrilled I was, he said he felt that this particular setting made good use of his specific talents, for engraving and antique styling. Can't say I disagree at all!

You know how most times when you get a piece of new jewelry, especially custom, in the mail, even if you love it there's stuff you'd change if doing it over again? Well. I got nothing. Everything, every last wee detail, is exactly as I'd wanted it. And over the moon? Heck, I'm on Mars :lol: ( Oh & I will have to post a pic of the very bottom of the shank- the engraving detail there is awesome.)

Victor Canera

Shiny_Rock
Trade
LGK, I'm thrilled that you like the ring. It was a lot of fun to work on.

Wear it in good health.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its just stunning....I absolutely love it!!! Wear it in the best of health and happiness!!!! :appl: :appl:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
OK. I come bearing more pictures. These I took in the like five minute sunbreak outside before it started pouring, again. While sitting on a bench I like because it makes my jewelry especially sparkly (I'm pretty sure choosing a pet bench based on how neat your jewelry looks when you sit on it is a sign you're definitely a PSer :rolleyes:) I took a bunch. Possibly redundant. But you do get a good idea of how fiery the French cuts are.

lgksetting1.jpg

lgksetting2.jpg

lgksetting4.jpg

lgksetting3.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results