shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Victor Canera Jocelyn with Scalloped Basket

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for everyone's comments. I'm sorry I won't have a chance to address everyone individually cause I'm so busy at work now. Please know that each of your comments give me a little thrill from knowing that there are others who are as bling crazy as me. :loopy:

And I saw that Victor posted one of my pics on his FB page. My ring is famous! I wonder how many PSers liked this ring. :think:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What an amazing reset! :love: Your MRB diamond really shines in this VC setting and looks perfect on your finger! I can't wait to see it with the VC wedding band you plan to have made.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! How did I miss this thread?!!! It is SPECTACULAR and I am so glad you love it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KristyDarling|1418773711|3802587 said:
Oh gosh, I LOVE this! And I agree with your call to skip the halo because this setting is perfect for your stone! It lets the stone shine, and it looks like it's floating on top of a delicate little thread of sparkly diamonds. Superb!

Hi Kristy, thank you for agreeing that no-halo was the way to go. I have been stalking (I mean admiring...) your threads since the days of the Leon 3 stone. I love your most recent stunning OEC solitaire. Your cushion halo is spectacular!! Your comments mean a lot, since you've owned all manner of huge bling fabulousness and have seen the most amazing settings. Your description is so spot on. It is a "little thread of sparkly diamonds." Every time I look at my hand, I think, "It's so gorgeous! I love it!!"

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1418913144|3803599 said:
WOW! How did I miss this thread?!!! It is SPECTACULAR and I am so glad you love it!

Thanks ame. I know you've seen all the different settings. Long road huh? It's finally in it's rightful home.

_lovesvintage_ said:
Wow! What an amazing reset! :love: Your MRB diamond really shines in this VC setting and looks perfect on your finger! I can't wait to see it with the VC wedding band you plan to have made.

Thank you lovesvintage. I've finally found a setting that is really me. I can't wait for the band either. :Up_to_something:

Michelez said:
Wow - that diamond is amazing!!!! I love the scalloped basket of your ring! :lickout:

Thanks Michelez, your new set is a showstopper too! The center stone is in this perfect pillowy cushion shape. yum!!

missy said:
Love the new pics LLJsmom! :love: And I am glad you don't wear it to workout. Too beautiful to take any chances. Enjoy!!!! And please post lots more pics. :appl:

(((hug))) thanks missy. If I post any more pictures, I think people will start throwing things at their computer screen. :lol: I think even for a PSer, I have gone OTT.

DandT said:
Gorgeous LL- So glad you found the perfect home for your diamond! It takes center stage now!
Thank you DandT. That is what I have been looking for all along, to allow the diamond to take center stage. Thanks to Victor, it is possible!!

Calliecake said:
If this was my ring they would have to pry me out of an elevator because I feel they have the best lighting! I would never leave. My life would be going floor to floor.

It looks crazy beautiful on you! I'm so happy it's on your finger where it belong. I'm so happy for you!

Callie, I think I'll just bring my sleeping bag into the elevator at work. Maybe they won't notice if I hangout there often enough. I'll just look like the other fixtures...

ElleElle said:
I am blown away by VC's craftsmanship! He is a genius! It looks absolutely stunning on you and is such perfection! I think I may copy you! Enjoy it!
Thank you ElleElle. Blown away is right. I keep holding it close to my eyes, examining it from different angles going, "Is this real? Did a human being actually make this?" If you do get one too, we'll be ring twins!!

AprilBaby said:
Spectacular!!!!
Thank you AprilBaby. I quite agree. ;-) And thank you for your suggestions and comments along my bling journey. I always appreciate the input of the more experienced bling lovers.

SapphireStyle said:
I adore this setting, and not just because it shares my daughter's name. The scallop detail is amazing.
Congrats!
Thank you SapphireStyle. I love the scalloped basket too. Just love it. Your sapphire is gorgeous btw. I have always wanted on b/c it's my birthstone, and the first ring that my DH every bought me was a sapphire. The three stone is an awesome way to set it. Hmmmm..., since I've got some extra stones sitting around... :Up_to_something: You're inspiring me!

lorrissey said:
wowsers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is just perfection!
Thank you lorrissey. I actually can't disagree with you. Whenever I look at my ring, I have nothing to complain about. And that is VERY uncharacteristic of me.

Maisie said:
If I could ever get another ring it would be just like yours! It's so perfect and beautiful!!! :love:
Thank you Maisie. That is a very lovely thing to say. I must admit I feel that way about so many other rings that I've seen on PS. It's a privilege to see so many beautiful pieces on PS every day.

junebug17 said:
It's a gorgeous ring LLsmom and looks so right on your hand! Love the scalloped basket, such a beautiful design - it's a beauty, congrats!
Thank you junebug. I know you've seen my many failed attempts and wavering and waffling on various settings. Thanks for all your comments and thoughts. They have all led me to this!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic. Perfect on you. So glad you tried the rings on in person, I can't imagine anything more lovely on your hand. I saw this on Victor's page, too, the 'mug shot' lol- a much celebrated masterpiece :clap: I was waiting and waiting for you to post with your bracelet. Thank you... they are both fantastic on you. The profile of your ring is gorgeous; I love having a beautiful 'secret' to look at, and, I agree with you your diamond is just an elegant shining star in this ring.

dsc_259.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had a chance to say thank you.

thecat|1418632674|3801350 said:
Wow, I love it! The top face up view is classic that you won't tire of. But the profile is unexpected and so pretty :love: Hope to see your daylight shots soon.
Thank you thecat. You're right. The top is very classic. I LOVE the double prongs.

tmot14|1418635896|3801369 said:
I'm drooling over here. That basket is to die for. I hope it brings you lots of joy for many years!
Thank you tmot14. I do so love the basket as well. I honestly don't think I will change it ever. Every time I look at it, I think "This is exactly what I wanted."

diamondrnglover|1418636140|3801370 said:
Your new ring is beautiful!
Thank you diamondrnglover. :)

almondblossom|1418639385|3801386 said:
Wow!!! It is beyond beautiful, I love every detail! It is perfection. :love: :love: :love: I am so happy for you. Congratulations!
Thank you almondblossom. I love that I can actually see the details!

Enerchi|1418644241|3801400 said:
Simply spectacular! So delicate and refined. It's elegant and flashy all rolled into one! Very delicate...how does he do it?!? And the double prongs are TDF!!
Beautiful! Enjoy!! :appl: :love: :appl:
Thank you Enerchi! Yes, I do SOOOOO love the double prongs. Love, love, love. And I think it's cause of the angle at which I see my ring on my finger, I can barely even see the ones on the bottom.

kathley|1418644351|3801401 said:
Magnificent! Love that particular setting and enjoyed looking at your pictures :love:
Thank you kathley. I'm so happy you enjoyed the pictures. Glad you don't think I over did it.

woofmama|1418652926|3801443 said:
This is exquisite! The scalloped basket, the prongs, the almost imperceptible detail of the milgrain edge on the shank, wow :love: :love:
Your old setting was blingy, but this is pure class & absolutely gorgeous!!! So very happy for you!
Thank you woofmama. You're so right. Last one was pure bling. It took a couple of missteps for me to figure out that I wanted the center stone to show the bling, rather than the sides stones.

Madison2|1418652953|3801444 said:
What a gorgeous ring!
It looks absolutely beautiful on you! Congrats on a great ring and wear it in good health!
Thank you Madison2. :)

baby monster|1418654277|3801466 said:
The new setting is divine! The basket details are gorgeous. Congrats!
Thanks baby monster. And thanks for all your comments and advice throughout this year. ;-)

CRYSTAL24K|1418656575|3801489 said:
Exquisite! Absolutely beautiful!
Thank you Crystal24k. :)

Diamondbug|1418656788|3801490 said:
Holy tamales holy tamales holy tamales habba habba habba :love: :love: and that is all I have to say ;))
Thank you Diamondbug!!

canuk-gal|1418659062|3801522 said:
HI:

OKOKOK! How gorgeous is that??? :love:
I can understand you asking yourself the "why not sooner"--as it is such a stunner! May you love it forever! :appl:
cheers--Sharon
Thank you Sharon! You know what I mean right? Should have done it at the beginning. But now that I do have it, I will love it forever. :) Thank you!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Splendiferous!!! I almost have to look away, its so beautiful. The stone and the setting have harmony, which you don't often see. It looks even better on your pretty hand :clap: enjoy it, you deserve it!!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1419123484|3805044 said:
Splendiferous!!! I almost have to look away, its so beautiful. The stone and the setting have harmony, which you don't often see. It looks even better on your pretty hand :clap: enjoy it, you deserve it!!!!!
Hi azstonie, love your word. splendiferous!! Thank you so much. ((hug))

EC4me|1418662882|3801553 said:
What an incredible ring! Congrats; it's so beautiful!
Thank you EC4me. :)

derbygal|1418664240|3801563 said:
What a perfect ring. I'm seriously in love with this setting and your stone. :appl:
Thanks derbygal. I am very much in love too. :)

cflutist|1418664268|3801564 said:
Congrats on your beautiful ring :appl:
I really like how it showcases your high quality F-VS1 diamond :love:
Thanks cflutist. I do LOVE my center stone in this setting. I love yours in the minimalist setting too!

snfsdca|1418666784|3801587 said:
The scallops are beautiful - very royal looking! Makes me want to start waltzing.
Thank you snfsdca. :)

syrahs|1418671236|3801619 said:
What a beautiful ring! I love love love the profile and all the pics!! :appl: :appl:
Thank you syrahs. Glad you liked the pics!

Alex T|1418676946|3801683 said:
Its just stunning!! No wonder you can't take your eyes off it!
For reference, can you post up a pic of the old setting? And what wedding band will you wear with it?
I can't wait to get the wedding band. But I will have to...

msop04|1418684209|3801748 said:
That looks spectacular!! Congrats to you!! :appl:
Thank you msop04. I love your setting too. Yours was one of the halos that I LOVED and wanted to copy.

SparklySoprano|1418684442|3801750 said:
That scalloped basket is amazing!!! Gorgeous! :love:
Thanks Sparkly. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1418686646|3801771 said:
Gorgeous reset!!!!! I just LOVE that he sets the stones with the arrows lined up properly. And those scallops and milgrain is just perfect. It really is amazing his attention to detail.
Pandabee, it didn't occur to me until I read your comment. Then I had to go back and look and there it was all lined up! I love it too. THank you!!

cjchumphries|1418696020|3801878 said:
It is such a beautiful reset!! I just love it and it look amazing on your long thin fingers! Perfect setting for you! Congratulations and I hope you thoroughly enjoy it!!
cj
Thank you cj. So nice of you to complement my fingers. I always thought of them as knobby and short. I love your point of view. :)

Ally66|1418696275|3801880 said:
So, so beautiful! And it looks fabulous on YOU!
Thank you Ally66. I love it!

marymm|1418696879|3801887 said:
Your reset turned out gorgeous! It manages to be both elegant and glamorous, and so at home on your finger. Enjoy!
Thank you marymm. I appreciate your comments. It feels more and more at home every day. :)

MC|1418698039|3801899 said:
Beautiful. I love the basket!
Thank you MC. I love the basket too, every time I look at it.

RetroTreeGal|1418700649|3801982 said:
That really is a cool basket. I love how much of the stone is exposed.
Thanks RetroTreeGal. I was really surprised at how much was exposed. I thought too much would be covered, but not the case at all. In fact, I think it gets more light than ever!

ice empress|1418700766|3802013 said:
Wow wow wow!!! This setting is nothing short of spectacular!
It really showcases your beautiful stone and I love how it makes the diamond appear to be floating above your finger!
Congratulations on the beautiful reset!
Thank you ice empress. I see what you mean by floating. It does look that way in some pictures.

lanakane|1418707284|3802111 said:
WOWSERS!!! that scalloped basket is TDF. Congrats!
Thank you lanakane. I love the basket so much as well. :)

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, CONGRATS, what a beauty! +1 loving the scalloped basket, enjoy in great health!

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that setting really brings out the beauty of your diamond and is perfect on your hand. Love the bracelet, too.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man it is a BEAUTIFUL ring!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love it. No need to halo a honker like that!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1419169354|3805232 said:
Wow, CONGRATS, what a beauty! +1 loving the scalloped basket, enjoy in great health!
Thank you Ovi! Working on the health thing! ;-)

sweet_blossom said:
Wow, that setting really brings out the beauty of your diamond and is perfect on your hand. Love the bracelet, too.
Thank you sweet blossom. I actually ended up moving the bracelet to the other arm. It distracts my eye from my ring. :lol:

ame said:
Man it is a BEAUTIFUL ring!
Thanks ame. :wavey:

pregcurious said:
I love it. No need to halo a honker like that!
Thank you pregcurious. Yah, you're right. ;-) Would distract me anyway...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had to come back to gaze upon its beauty. :love: :love: :love:

(((hug))) thanks missy. If I post any more pictures, I think people will start throwing things at their computer screen. :lol: I think even for a PSer, I have gone OTT.

Ummm, not even close LLJsmom!!! We need MORE pictures!!! No such thing as too many when the ring is just this beautiful yanno? :love: :appl: :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1419255767|3805653 said:
Just had to come back to gaze upon its beauty. :love: :love: :love:

Ummm, not even close LLJsmom!!! We need MORE pictures!!! No such thing as too many when the ring is just this beautiful yanno? :love: :appl: :bigsmile:

Me also! I love seeing gorgeous loot! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you still looking at a spacer? Will you get a matching band?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to figure out if I can wear my plain dome platinum band next to it until I can afford a matching band. And I have to send my ring back to Victor so he can make the matching band. ;( I'm a loser but I can't bear to part with it yet. I will try to take a pic of it together later. It surprisingly looks really natural with the plain band. I think it is because they don't compete.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1419287043|3806048 said:
I'm trying to figure out if I can wear my plain dome platinum band next to it until I can afford a matching band. And I have to send my ring back to Victor so he can make the matching band. ;( I'm a loser but I can't bear to part with it yet. I will try to take a pic of it together later. It surprisingly looks really natural with the plain band. I think it is because they don't compete.
I think wearing a plain band *even a narrow one* helps tremendously in the "lack of competition" department. That's part of why I kept wearing it. I liked the look AND the lack of "misfire" between the small stones in the bands and the large stone in my ering.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that was worth the wait! It looks FANTASTIC!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
This is one of the loveliest settings I've ever seen. I don't think you could have made a better choice.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would love to see your ring with the plain band. Personally I love the look of a blingy e-ring paired with a plain band or vice versa. It's such a sophisticated look (and better for your wallet as well).
Now that you have been wearing the ring, for a short while, how would you evaluate it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1419391201|3807010 said:
Now that was worth the wait! It looks FANTASTIC!!
Thanks Gypsy. You've seen all the different options I had co nsidered. You're right. That was a super long wait. It is totally worth it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial|1419728642|3808488 said:
This is one of the loveliest settings I've ever seen. I don't think you could have made a better choice.
Thank you sundial. I really appreciate that.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1419768182|3808651 said:

I would love to see your ring with the plain band. Personally I love the look of a blingy e-ring paired with a plain band or vice versa. It's such a sophisticated look (and better for your wallet as well).
Now that you have been wearing the ring, for a short while, how would you evaluate it.

Hi Acinom, I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. Thank you for asking. I am really enjoying every second of wearing the ring. I do feel confirmed all the time that I made the right decision with this setting and not going with a halo. I have no regrets. The stone sparkles so much. I love looking at it. The shank as just so gorgeous. I am more than happy. And I am so much more careful with it now. Thanks for all your encouragement. Your beautiful rings such an inspiration. I see why you got two. :)

_25623.jpg

_25624.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LLJsmom :wavey:
Thanks for posting these pics. I love the look with a plain band. Personally I would choose a smaller band though. I think this would be a wonderful choice for your beautiful ring that is just as beautiful as a matching band. The plain band actually seems to emphasize the delicate pave.

I am so glad you are enjoying your ring. I remember the hectic time you had that day when you went back and forth between Single Stone and Victor. This feels so right!!! It isn't my ring but it feels right :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1419874120|3809141 said:
Hi LLJsmom :wavey:
Thanks for posting these pics. I love the look with a plain band. Personally I would choose a smaller band though. I think this would be a wonderful choice for your beautiful ring that is just as beautiful as a matching band. The plain band actually seems to emphasize the delicate pave.

I am so glad you are enjoying your ring. I remember the hectic time you had that day when you went back and forth between Single Stone and Victor. This feels so right!!! It isn't my ring but it feels right :D

Acinom, LOL!! You were right there, when I sent out the SOS on that day. It does feel so right. I am not wishing for anything else. I can hardly believe it.

Yes, I do agree with you. I want to buy a thinner plain band. Oh, so that is why I like it with the plain band. It does emphasize the delicate pave. Hmmmm... Do you think Victor could make one for me? I sent an email to Jeweler on the Roof on Etsy, but have not received any response. Ame recommended them. Acinom, you BAD :Up_to_something: enabler you... I do love it with a plain band. Ok, maybe an email to Victor is next... I have to admit. I have been feeling a little worried that anything with diamonds next to it distracts from the absolute beauty of the shank. I am in LOVE with shank!!

I am already planning for when I wear this setting down to the nub, and all the milligrain is gone, and I am missing prongs, what setting should I choose next? :lol: Maybe a round with tapered baguettes... :think: I know. Bad! Bad! Bad!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whahahaha
Bad indeed! And I am afraid you will wear this beauty down easily as it is very sturdy made. You have to plan a right hand ring :naughty:

Victor can definitely make a plain band for you and it does not hurt to ask for a quote. But I would also request quotes from other jewellers as well. It's a band that you can easily source from other jewellers. If the quote from Victor is ok, then that would be perfect 8-)

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom,

Your ring is stunning. I love the double prongs and the setting is gorgeous. Your diamond is perfect! Congratulations!
My emerald cut is getting set by Victor right now and I am beyond excited. I am doing the Sophia with french cuts. Can't
wait! Victor also did both of my daughters engagement rings! His work is impeccable!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results