shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Does It Again! Cushion Halo...

bibimbap

Rough_Rock
After months of anticipation, Victor Canera has created my dream engagement ring! After researching cushions and custom settings for hours on end, and thanks to everyone who has previously posted about their experiences, we narrowed it down to Victor based on his level of craftsmanship and how perfect and attentive to the most miniscule details he was. I had so many concerns and questions and most likely drove Victor crazy, but he was so nice and reassuring, and the end product speaks for itself.

I wanted a micropave halo, but didn't like the standard design that was out there with the donut at the bottom, and the stems curving inward. I wanted all the stems to puff outward, more like a little pillow to compliment the cushion center stone, and I wanted them all to come to a single point on the band, eliminating the donut.

I also wanted my band to be eternity pave and Victor was really great about helping us figure out the sizing, as my e-ring won't allow for future changes. We bought another band that fit perfectly and mailed it to him, and the actual e-ring is the perfect size.

I also, like so many others on here, wanted the least amount of metal to show in the pave work, while still maintaining the ring's strength and durability. This was another HUGE reason we chose Victor--he uses the platinum mixture we wanted, (90/10 Iridium) and his rings are COMPLETELY hand-forged, which made us confident that the ring would have integrity while still keeping a delicate look.

Lastly, instead of having our rings engraved, we had our birthstones put inside the band as surprise stones. They are in my e-ring, as well as my eternity pave wedding band & will be in my fiance's wedding band as well--all made by Victor. I will post when I get it!

So without further ado...
Victor's Pro Shots:
E-Ring.jpg
E&WeddingRings.jpg

My Perfect Cushion Center:
IMGP0560.jpg

Birthstones Inside & Curved Stems
IMGP0557.jpg

Canera
IMGP0568.jpg

Hand Shot in natural light:
IMGP0583.jpg
IMGP0607.jpg

Thanks to this forum & thanks to Victor for helping us get the perfect ring!!!

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is GORGEOUS! And I'm not even a halo person, nor am I a cushion person! I LOVE LOVE it, and I love the birthstones, what an clever idea. Congratulations on your dream ring, and glad you had an amazing experience as well.

And I love bibimbap too :)

Best wishes on your future together!

poprocks

Rough_Rock
Wow! Victor never cease to amaze. I love everything about it and it looks even more gorgeous on your fingers. Congratulations!

bibimbap

Rough_Rock
starrynight|1331276780|3144822 said:
Beautiful!! Do you have hand shots of it on with the band??

Starrynight, I don't have any pics of both on my hand, as my fiance has the band in his possession. But here's a pic of the two on his hand haha! I can take some on my hand tomorrow though.
IMG_0930_1.jpg

I did not want them to fit flush and Victor made the stems jut out enough that there is a gap between the e-ring and band.

I also forgot to mention a HUGE thanks to Frankie on here, who I completely related to and am so grateful for! I felt on par with her quest for perfection, and after rifling through her posts and realizing there is someone out there as perfectionistic as I am, I knew if she found her ideal ring with Victor, then I wouldn't be happy with anything else. My fiance is also completely perfectionistic, and even though his band is super simple, we wanted the quality & craftsmanship that only Victor can offer.

Some additional details on my ring:
Shallow, u-cut pave
Single cut melee, and *BOY* do they sparkle!
Halo is angled at 25*, which is absolutely PERFECT in my opinion--thanks Victor!
Size 4.75

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!! This is my dream ring too. :naughty: Please tell us more about your stone!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another beautiful VC creation! Do tell us more about the center diamond!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW.... your ring is beautiful and looks tremendous on your hand.. WOW :love: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
STUNNING ring Bibimbap! It is gorgeous - on both you and your fiance's fingers! ;)) Love your cushion stone - amazing!

:appl: :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
That's gorgeous bibimbap!!! (love your name too, btw, and the actual food :D) I really like the outward curved stems and the no-donut look. Love the surprise birthstones!!! Would you mind sharing specs on your center stone? The ring looks absolutely perfect on your hand!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning!! congrats :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous!! Love it!! :love:
Wear in health and happiness!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks amazing!! A truly gorgeous ring, I love it! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your dream ring!! It is beautiful!

bibimbap

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words! I love all the people here who love eating bibimbap! Yummmm :)

Center Stone:
GIA Cushion Brilliant
1.75 ct
J, VS2
7.98 x 6.63 x 4.55
8 Main Pavilions
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Medium Blue

I wanted a rectangular cushion & loved the dimensions of this one. It faces up larger than some 2 ct stones without crossing the 2 ct price :) I was at first hesitant about the J color, but the appraiser said he thought it was more of an H, and the fluorescence helped counter the color even more. When I saw photographs of the diamond during the selection process, I was sold. Although I do love the "chunky cushions" on here, I realized I loved all the little facets of this diamond and how incredibly sparkly it was--without looking like the "crushed ice."

Here are some more pics (I can't stop taking them!):
(Please excuse the lint! You don't see it till the pic is already taken!)
IMGP0586.jpg
IMGP0598.jpg
IMGP0606.jpg
This is one of my favorite views--the puffed out stems and the diamond point :)
IMGP0610.jpg

Sorry I'm not as creative as some of you pros on here, wish I had a flower garden ;-)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What?? It's 1.75 carats? My guess was 2.5 to 2.75. Wow. I hear you on the rectangular cushions...LOVE 'EM!! The square ones are beautiful too, but there's something so elegant about a slightly elongated stone that really appeals to my aesthetics. Yours is DIVINE!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! It does look huge on you!

Calexand

Rough_Rock
I love cushions! Alas, getting a good sized cushion was not in our budget! I am also very particular about halos, and yours works beautifully!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Wow... That last photo was delicious! Beautiful halo!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that is a very special cushion halo...it is fantastic...and great touch with the birthstones! J's are the best kept "secret" for a great price point in a diamond. And the added blue florescence gives it even more personality...what a bonus. They are so surprisingly white face up.

Here are some more for the J lovers out there.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-antique-cushion.140739/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-antique-cushion.140739/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/j-color-stones-in-platinum.24731/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/j-color-stones-in-platinum.24731/[/URL]

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring!!

Sparkle524

Shiny_Rock
The diamond and setting are gorgeous! I'm getting ready to send my diamond off to Victor as well and I hope you don't mind if I borrow the birthstone idea!

Yet another Victor Canera creation...his work is stunning and your ring is beautiful to boot. I too am loving the profile. :appl:

firelover

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I love love love your setting....I am looking for something similar as well...But I have just started. Can you tell me where you purchased your diamond from?

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results