shape
carat
color
clarity

VC Engagement Ring pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

seahorsegurl

Rough_Rock
Thanks again everyone for your nice comments. When I called my dad to tell him about the engagement, I was reminded of the first time I took FH out to meet dad. I grew up on a farm and dad was always the strong working one. I think all little girls have this picture of their dad in their head of the strong provider. Well, dad has MS and his state has gotten continually worse over the years. When I took FH out to meet him for the first time, we went skeet shooting on the farm and dad fell because his legs couldn''t support him. I''d never seen my dad fall before and I was in a bit of shock. FH immediately went over and picked him up. I knew at that moment that he was the man I wanted to call my husband. It was also when the roles began to change in the relationship I have with my parents.
So, while the ring is amazing... it''s those small things that mean so much more to me than he''ll ever realize.
As a side note, we''re planning on getting married in Vegas and dad may not be able to attend due to his health. FH said we could do a separate ceremony out on the farm, "in a corn field, or wherever you want" so that dad could be there. Okay, I''m starting to tear up over here... thanks again!

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Your FH sounds like a sweetheart! Family is so important.

Your ring is beautiful. The basket detail is so lovely and delicate. I love VC rings...if you hadn''t guessed by now. Thank you for sharing! Congratulations again!
36.gif

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
one of the most beautiful i''ve seen!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring, love the YG. Congratulations on your engagement...and ouch about your finger!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another VC lover here! It''s beautiful! I think that would be wonderful to have a wedding at your dad''s home as well as the one in Vegas! I think it would break his heart to miss it. Congratulations on your engagement!

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, Seahorsegurl!! Your ring is gorgeous and it sounds like your guy is a real gem!!

emrainbow.gif
Mariposa

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congratulations on the engagement!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
wow! I love this ring. I love the two tone and I love the detail on the head/prongs. It''s lovely!

sera

Ideal_Rock
OOH! Very pretty ring... the detail is gorgeous! Congrats!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous and your fiance sounds like a great guy. I think 2 weddings are definitely in order so your dad can see you get married. And maybe 2 gorgeous VC bands, too...1 for each wedding!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2008 6:01:07 PM
Author: thing2of2
Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous and your fiance sounds like a great guy. I think 2 weddings are definitely in order so your dad can see you get married. And maybe 2 gorgeous VC bands, too...1 for each wedding!
ITA thing2of2, and definitely think you're onto something about having a band for each wedding!!!
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif

Seahorsegurl, I'm so happy you found a wonderful guy. That deserves the biggest congratulations of them all!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
MY O MY! That is beautiful!!!

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Seahorsegurl,
Are you thinking of getting the matching band? Also, I think we might need a couple more pictures.
31.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
congrats to you and your FI on your engagement! your ring is just so divine - you did a great job! so feminine and a work of art! wear it well!

MissMolly

Rough_Rock
This is my first post on PS. I''ve been ''lurking'' here for a couple of weeks....learning about diamonds, settings, etc.... and looking at LOTS of pics on here!

Seahorsegurl, your ring is absolutely exquisite! I am currently trying to decide between two different VanCraeynest settings: this one (#484), and #457. I LOVE the 484 setting, but I wonder if the metalwork (scrolling? not sure what it''s called) and also the little ridge around the outside is going to be collecting dirt, etc. Of course I''d be happy to use a little toothbrush and water on it each day, but was wondering how the "antiquing" (not sure what it''s called) would hold up to that ?

Any thoughts/experience with this (or a similar setting)?

1.gif

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 2:25:51 PM
Author: MissMolly

I am currently trying to decide between two different VanCraeynest settings: this one (#484), and #457. I LOVE the 484 setting, but I wonder if the metalwork (scrolling? not sure what it''s called) and also the little ridge around the outside is going to be collecting dirt, etc.

Any thoughts/experience with this (or a similar setting)?

1.gif
MissMolly, I thought you might like the thread below if you haven''t seen it already.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-just-couldnt-help-myself.82926/

MissMolly

Rough_Rock
Hey, AnitaT, thanks for the link.
Yes, I have been to that thread...a few times, actually.
2.gif

I don''t think I could ever tire of looking at pics of any ring by VC.
And that one (w/the ruby) is so beautiful!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results