shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche X-Prong

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you type in vatche x-prong in the seach box a bunch of threads will pop up.

You might want to start with this one there are a few pictures in it
1.gif

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a couple more links with good pics:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/angels-new-ring.37321/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-in-hand.35143/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/w2ls-engagement-story-long-but-with-pics.38026/

Good luck!

timetobuy

Rough_Rock
Thanks, should have done a search first. sorry. There are definitely some good pics out there. The xprong appears quite a bit wider than most bands, will this look bad on small hands with a 0.8ct round?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The regular x-prong is about 4mm wide, I believe. Personally I like them wider, and I think a 0.8ct in a wider band like that would be fabulous! I may be in the minority, but I don''t care much for the look of a solitaire on a thin band, as I don''t agree that it makes the stone look bigger - in fact, I''d argue it makes it look smaller. But thats just my 2c...

If the wider band doesn''t appeal to you there is a "Royal X-Prong" by Vatche that has a thinner tapering band like the Royal Crown setting but still has the x-prong profile.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Friday I went and tried on some Vatche settings while in LA, and the xprong is just amazing! My favorite was the round channel x-prong with a .7 carat center diamond. I have a size 7 ring finger and it looked perfect on me! Not too small at all!
30.gif
I did not care for the channel set royal x-prong. The taper caused the diamonds on the side to be too small, and I felt it became a bit awkward where the ring met the head. I think this style looks better w/o the channel diamonds. (I am so not a pave person so I can''t comment on that look). The wider, un-tapered band on the regular x-prong just looked better on my hand. I don''t really have long graceful hands, so I was surprised that the thicker ring made my fingers look longer.
I also liked the look of the knife edge x-prong on the web, but it felt a bit uncomfortable on my hand. Probably get used to it though.
Just a personal note on channel versus plain. I loved the thick swathe of diamonds with the channel set x-prong, very sparkly. Much sparklier than pave, in fact it made the center h vs2 diamond look a little greyish. (no idea on the cut, but the ring was around 5.5k). I''m partly hoping that my bf will get me a sapphire center which will pop in this setting. However if he goes for a diamond center, the plain x-prong will be stunning and elegant.
Just my $.02

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
I have small hands (5.5) and own the Vatche X-prong, and I do not think it is too big at all! It is much more comfortable than the thin-banded settings I tried because it is so rounded for comfort fit. It is only 4mm right where it meets your stone, but then it tapers considerably toward the sides (and this varies on the size of the stone - 4mm is for a 1 ct stone, if you have .8 stone, it may be a touch thinner.)

I love it - it''s a great classic look! We went back and forth between a number settings, but finally decided this was the best.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2006 11:31:25 AM
Author: timetobuy
Thanks, should have done a search first. sorry. There are definitely some good pics out there. The xprong appears quite a bit wider than most bands, will this look bad on small hands with a 0.8ct round?
I just got the Royal X prong in platinum which does taper to a smaller width towards the diamond and sets it off nicely. My stone is about the same size as yours and I wear a 6. I wish I could show you pictures, but I don''t have a camera. It really doesn''t look as wide as it appears in pictures.

timetobuy

Rough_Rock
Thank you all! excellent info.

How much should I expect to pay for 18K classic x-prong from GOG? WF has for $605, don''t know if is vatche, but it looks like it.

Anyone have thoughts on the vatche royal empress?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF does not carry Vatche; it is their own design.

Vatche''s in 18K should be around $600

timetobuy

Rough_Rock
Interesting. are there any differences? they look the same. Is one higher than another?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2006 4:36:17 PM
Interesting. are there any differences? they look the same. Is one higher than another?
I''d like to know the difference as well.
I have to agree that the royal x-prong taper is very delicate. I''m sure it would look better plain as well.

Did you mean royal crown? I looked at one of those as well and found them to be much higher than the x-prong. Very pretty design, and excellent for people who want their diamond a bit higher.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2006 5:34:04 PM
Author: Wren

Date: 2/5/2006 4:36:17 PM
I''d like to know the difference as well.
I have to agree that the royal x-prong taper is very delicate. I''m sure it would look better plain as well.

Did you mean royal crown? I looked at one of those as well and found them to be much higher than the x-prong. Very pretty design, and excellent for people who want their diamond a bit higher.
I posted couple of pictures (my daughter and I took pictures with her camera) on a new thread of "my Royal X prong" to show you my .75.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to pop in with another endorsement for the X prong. (My pics were in some of the threads mentioned before, although the pics don''t do justice to the real thing)!
I just love the ring. I have been through a couple settings over the past 6 years and this is THE ONE! I love the fluid lines, the width is just right (and I have the matching band too, 1.13 round diamond and size 5.5 ish hands). it is comfortable to wear and I love it from every angle. Also, because there are no sidestones, there''s less to worry about with loose stones, etc (I had that problem w/ my first setting and it definitely took away from my enjoyment of it.) I got the platinum and have been very happy with that decision. I thought about going with a generic X prong or with white gold, but I decided that I am economical in many areas in life, and for this I wanted to splurge and know I got *exactly* what I wanted.

Re: WF, I think they carried the Vatche X prong until very recently. When I bought my setting, I printed the prices off the WF site and asked my store to match them, which they did. I am not sure if the rings on their site now are their own design or not. The W prong is definitely their design. You should call and ask. GOG is also known to be very competitive with their pricing. I wouldn''t worry too much about it with either of those vendors, I''m sure they will be fair.

Good luck! Be sure to post pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results