shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche X-Prong Engraved Rose Gold E-ring and Van Craeynest men’s band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

M&MS

Rough_Rock
So I should start by saying I’m an on-again/off-again lurker. We got engaged in June 2009, at which time I posted to the LIW forum but forgot to post here! FI and I designed the ring together but he went through ordering it on his own...and I must say he did an amazing job
9.gif
. The setting I wanted was a Vatche X-Prong, and we are really into antique looks so we went with the engraved setting. For the diamond he went to the main distributor of square cushions in the diamond district of NYC to pick it out
3.gif
! Here are the specs on my amazing engagement ring:

Vatche 20K rose gold engraved x-prong setting (with platinum prongs)
1.01 ct square cushion
Color D
VS1

Since that time we managed to purchase his wedding band, which is a Van Craeynest. He sent us a sample of the band we were interested in (which is shown in the picture and is a woman’s size, which is why it’s the same size as my ring haha) and then we went ahead and ordered it! The craftsmanship is amazing. FI wanted a diamond in his band, and I must say I think it’s a pretty impressive band. Here are the specs we have on his ring:

18K yellow gold setting (platinum around diamond) with rose gold antique finish
.10 ct diamond

And here is a pic of the two (hopefully)! More pics to come...

vandvrings.JPG

M&MS

Rough_Rock
One of the reasons we liked pairing these rings was the similarity in the engraved designs (a wheat pattern, I guess?), which you can see here:

siderings.JPG

M&MS

Rough_Rock
And now for several pics of my e-ring, all taken on our engagement trip to Germany.

stoneering.JPG

M&MS

Rough_Rock
And another...

He proposed under a ginkgo tree, hence the ginkgo leaf...

ginkgoering.JPG

M&MS

Rough_Rock
Here is a side view of the x-prong with the platinum prongs. I really like how low-set the setting is. Very practical. Ignore the fuzz, it isn''t there anymore haha.

sideering.JPG

M&MS

Rough_Rock
Last but not least, because it''s pretty
36.gif

yellowflowerering.JPG

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
M & MS Congratulations, beautiful rings, X prong is one of my favourites
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
SWOON. Loves loves loves it ...well, them *both* really! That stone looks so big on your finger too! The contrast of the icy "D" color stone/ rose gold setting is phenomenal!!!!! Congrats!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
M&MS, I''ve loved your ring since you posted it in LIW last year (I got engaged last June, too!). I just adore the rose gold, and your cushion is beautiful!

Your FI''s band is gorgeous, too! When are you getting married? What is your wedding band going to look like?

M&MS

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

kittybean, The wedding is going to be May 15, 2010. Did you set the date yet??? My wedding band is going to match the setting, rose gold and engraved. Vatche makes a band that dips down so it fits flush against the prongs, but I always wanted the ability to wear my band without the e-ring so I''m contemplating getting a regular band and hope it fits flush enough. We''ll see.
1.gif

Anyone who has personal experience with the whole ''flush fit'' debate with Vatche, I''d love input!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great looking set! Do you have a photo of the wedding band that you''re considering?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
really really lovely! What a beautiful job was done by the person who engraved it, and FI for picking it. Congrats!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both unique and very beautiful.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both so lovely. I am in love with your ering, it''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 10:17:49 AM
Author: Kaleigh
They are both so lovely. I am in love with your ering, it''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

ditto... beautiful

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! I am in love with you ering! And I love that your FI wanted a diamond in his ring too - it''s gorgeous!

M&MS

Rough_Rock
Thanks again everyone!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
You make me smile.

Addy, I don''t have an exact photo of the wedding band I want because a picture of Vatche''s engraved set only exists on his flash website and it''s horrible quality. But, here is something similar.

I''m deciding between two bands that are both rose gold and engraved just like the ring, but one is indented to fit under the prongs and one isn''t. Here is a pic of the style that is not indented (imagine it rose gold and engraved)

pwvxpr.jpg

M&MS

Rough_Rock
And here is the indented version. Again, please imagine it rose gold and engraved just like the e-ring with no stones.

bentbandv.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 12:02:27 AM
Author: M&MS
And another...

He proposed under a ginkgo tree, hence the ginkgo leaf...
Awww.
5.gif
Beautiful shot too, really, they all are! Your ring is just stunning, I love it. But then I'm partial to that overall setting. And it seriously looks fabulous with your gorgeous cushion. Yum!
30.gif

And, I absolutely love your guys ring, and I'm pretty piocky about such things. Really, really like it!

You did very well on both, and congrats!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 11:25:10 AM
Author: M&MS

I''m deciding between two bands that are both rose gold and engraved just like the ring, but one is indented to fit under the prongs and one isn''t. Here is a pic of the style that is not indented (imagine it rose gold and engraved)
The only thing about the indented one is, will you ever want to wear the WB alone, and would it bother you? (being indented and not looking like most WB''s)

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! Your ring look perfect for your finger. Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful rings, I love them both, they do look antique! Congratulations!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
They''re both beautiful! I agree with Deco-the contrast of the whiteness of the stone and the rose gold on your ering is just stunning!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color of the rose gold really makes your diamond pop! I like the vintage look of both the rings...Congrats on
your engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results