shape
carat
color
clarity

Updated pictures of my sapphire ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK ladies (and gentlemen),

It's been a couple/few weeks since i posted my birthday sapphire five stone ring and ONE lame picture i took with a camera phone
emembarrassed.gif
... I am NOT a great photographer and honestly couldn't figure out how to make my camera take a decent bleeping picture, but i thought these were pretty good.

The ring is an amazing blue color - i mostly picked it for the color of the stones. And has an antique-y scrolly setting (can't decide weather i love that or not). I've taken pics of it with two different settings on the camera...the flash really lights it up and shows the bright blue color (maybe even a little too blue) and in the day it's much more violet
2.gif
. Either way, it's always beautiful!

Here's a link to the story of the ring from my SO and very good friend for my birthday - they are so sweet and i love it!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-birthday-bling.95065/

Thanks for looking....let's see how i did with resizing and taking the first one before i try some more....

newpicbirthdayring1.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many of you were so sweet to reply to my other thread with birthday wishes and requests for more pics - hope these are better!

Here it is with the other setting of the camera...much less bright blue, but this is the darkest it ever looks....it's really a lovely color. I absolutely hate my hands and i wish they were lovely little fingers like so many of you have, but alas...i am a size 7 (or more)!

mewpicbirthdayring2.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here it really shows a pretty color and some of the setting!

newbirthdayring3.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, last one...this one came out kind of blurry, but allows you to see the setting. from pics, and from farther away, it looks sort of tacori-ish, but IRL the engraving/scrolling work is not very delicate and fairly bumpy (not comfy). But i don't really care, because i LOVE it!!!!!

Thanks for looking - i hope it wasn't too much picture overload - if i have a chance when it's daytime, i'll take some pics outside!

p.s. it only fits my left hand and i have to get it sized :)

newpicbirthdayring7.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Tuckins!

Date: 10/3/2008 10:10:59 PM
Author: Tuckins1
So pretty! That color is so vivid!
The best part about it is that the color is different everywhere! Does that make it color change? not sure.... in the day, it's nearly purple, in some lights its sooo blue. I got it from a local jewelry/antique store and was surprised to find it there....i had put it on layaway :) After i received it, i took it to my jeweler to ask about the quality and she said it was a really good deal and that the stones were good quality - i was relieved
28.gif
thanks for looking!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring, the blue is so bright! Wear it in good health always!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful! The sapphire color is so pretty and I love the engraved setting, too!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring Violet. The color of the sapphires are gorgeous and I love the design of the band. It is truly a unique ring. Love it.

Linda

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very pretty!

cheers--Sharon

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you motownmama, diamondseeker, joflier, lindaw, MMT, and canuk-gal!

I love it it''s so pretty in person...aside from the fact that it''s a little too tight, it''s perfect. But don''t worry, i wear it anyway!

I really bought it for the color of the sapphires - it was a good price for them i think. I have some visions of finding four similar sized diamonds over time and making it a nine stone shared prong ring...but i think that will be a LONG time from now. A girl can dream though
12.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, vivid is right!!
30.gif
Enjoy violet, it''s just scrumptious!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 10:07:21 PM
Author: violet3
here it really shows a pretty color and some of the setting!
I LOVE that photo! Gorgeous BLUEBLINGALISCIOUS

LS

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring! It has great color depth. Do you have a picture with more detail of the engraving? Oops, spoke before I saw the other pictures! Really beautiful!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks Ellen, Princess, Lost Sapphire, and HollyS!!!!! I have so enjoyed looking at everyone else''s jewelry that i couldn''t wait to share something with you all once i learned to take a picture :)

LS - i am a september baby and thus, very very attracted to sapphires...i have to say yours is one of the most beautiful i have EVER seen and i loved watching your project start to finish! Everything about the ring is perfection...

I tried to take some pics of it today in the sunshine so you all could see what it looks like outside.....i''ll attach.

bdayringoutside.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And another - oh good! here you can see that in the day it's a little more violet in color!

from this picture you will all now know that if you bring a plant to my house, it is not likely to survive
20.gif
....see behind the ring...i really tried with that one too.
38.gif

bdayringoutside2.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Your new ring is beautiful. The color is so lovely and saturated! I haven''t seen a ring like this anywhere. The sapphires are a nice spin on a classic design.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, the color of those sapphires is amazing!!!! What a lovely ring you have there!!! Enjoy and congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it is vivid! These are great photos!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thank you Kittybean, Dani, and Addy!

I think it''s very different too and that''s what i loved about it. It needs to be sized up a little..some days it doesn''t even fit (if i am puffy), but i haven''t been able to part with it to get it sized
emlove.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring. I love the blue color of the stones. Nice shade. . . not dark like many saphires.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results