shape
carat
color
clarity

Update with hand shots

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lora! A word of advice about 3 sided pave if you want a wedding band to sit flush next to it...it''s not that great of an idea because the pave will be covered up and the diamonds will eat away at the metal. However, if you just do split shank like in your pictures above, it shouldn''t be a problem...HTH
35.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
?

2ct%20halo.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, wear it for a while to see what you think but I also agree that it''s way too busy for one finger/one hand and it really kind of overwhelms your small hand. I love big rocks and all that as much as the next size gal but that''s just a bit much for me....let us know what you decide!

Lora

Shiny_Rock
I''m not worried about a wedding ring Princess V. I was married previously with no engagement ring, I wore just a gold band for over 20 years. So I''m good with that, I''m going for the sparkle now!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
31.gif
you''ve definitely got the bling going on.

I still think it looks cool.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 9:43:08 AM
Author: Lora
Another option I''ve considered is having the center stone set in a very thin bezel like the ring attached.
Oh, that simple bezel is just goregous. That''s my favorite.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Portoar, I thought the same thing. That bezel set makes me drool!!!
18.gif
You could take that center stone and set it in that bezel and give it another half or full size. OMG !!!! it would be like
6.gif
jaw dropping for sure...
emotion-5.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I like it a lot!
The shot that is farthest away looks great to me...and still, on my monitor the diamond is almost as big as a quarter, and even though it's big, it's not THAT big in real life. I think that in person I'd like it even more. I think it is unique. I personally do not want a ring that I'll see on lots of other people's hands.

If the edges of the double shank bezels were milgrained I think that it would look more unified as a whole. But again, I really like it as is.
1.gif

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 8:52:31 AM
And now my hand shots.....
I just want to say that your ring is beautiful, I love the style, so different. If I ever got a ring like that I would be so proud of it. Again beautiful!!!
35.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Another option I''ve considered is having the center stone set in a very thin bezel like the ring attached.

Who makes this ring? I''ve seen it around and it''s very pretty!

bezelloraa.jpg

re: your current ring.

the bezels in the shank are tricky. i have them and most times i love it because it''s not so darned common(Really, sometimes i feel like i''ll scream at another plat./whitegoldeternitysharedprong whositwhatsitring..no offense to anyone intended. they were beautiful the first 1000 times i saw the style) and other moments, it''s too much VivaLasVegas.

if could wave a wand and occasionally change something i''d have a super-thin micro-set(dunno if that''s the proper term), plain or pave shank. maybe. i''m so indecisive, it''s awful.

That said, it looks so beautiful on your hand!
30.gif
I''d give it a bit of time. & Yes, please keep the halo!

-from another ''busy'' ring gal

smlavrovjul05.jpg

Paradise

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 5:54:55 PM
Author: kaylagee

Who makes this ring? I''ve seen it around and it''s very pretty!

bezelloraa.jpg

I think it is made by Sholdt Design. Check out this link.

http://www.sholdtdesign.com/rc148.htm

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Hi! I love your centerstone with the halo. AND, I love your bezel set bands. However, I''m not wild about them together. I would prefer a split shank (or regular shank) that had the same diamond size and setting style as the halo.

Is the ring you were mentioning Gingerbcookie''s?

Gail

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
lora, i think it''s beautiful. but what matters most is what you think.. honestly. i love the halo. don''t get rid of the halo. in the end, i''m sure you''ll work it out just fine. with a stone like yours, who could go wrong?
1.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 1:43:05 AM
Author: orangevixen
lora, i think it''s beautiful. but what matters most is what you think.. honestly. i love the halo. don''t get rid of the halo. in the end, i''m sure you''ll work it out just fine. with a stone like yours, who could go wrong?
1.gif

so true!
3.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
In the upclose shots, it''s very noticeable that there are two different styles going on. On your finger, it all just BEAUTIFUL BLING!

I think it looks gorgeous on your hand and I like it a lot. The halo on the 2ct stone is amazing. i love it!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
came back to look again.. is it possible to sink the diamond into the halo and eliminate the prongs?

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
The prongs don''t bother me. I''ve seen many halos with the center stone pong set. What bothers me is the height of the basket underneath the halo. It seems too high and maybe there''s something I don''t understand about the structure of the setting, but it seems to me that if the bands were attached directly to the underside of the halo it would be more secure. On your hand the bezel bands don''t stand out so much, and all you really see is sparkle!

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for everyone''s input. I don''t personally know anyone that shares my obsession with diamonds, so this forum is so much fun for me. I stopped by my jewelers again last night, he just laughed and suggested a 12 step program. I''m leaning towards a 3 sided pave shank. I don''t care at all about a wedding band, and I think that with the pave on the halo and the shank, the look will all come together. I''m keeping my bezel bands, I have a beautiful turquois/blue topaz that he is going to bezel set between the bands. That will pull that ring together also. Both of my children were born in December, and I had purchased this stone years ago for a Mother''s ring that I was going to design some day. My birthstone (damn the bad luck!) is a diamond, so I think this will make the perfect Mother''s ring for me. AND, I get the best of both worlds. I''ll have my pave look going on one hand, and my bezel look going on the other. I will definitely keep you updated on the progress. He is supposed to e-mail me some ideas as soon as he can.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds pretty Lora.

I also have the misfortune of diamonds being my birthstone...mis-fortune for my FI that is.
31.gif

When is your birthday? Mine is the 14th.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Mine is the 4th. And isn''t our birthstone a curse! I always suggest a birthstone ring when my kids need ideas for birthday, etc. They don''t see the humor in it!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a huge jewerly wearer so it''s not huge curse for me...I have my e-ring other than that I only wear a silver inital necklace and a watch...no earrings but my ears are pierced.

However, I do use to my advantage at times....I want one of those circle pendant diamond necklaces for my birthday so I gave him a hint about wanting it and added ''remember it''s my birthstone..very important''
31.gif

Lora

Shiny_Rock
How funny, I wear only my diamond. No other rings, watches, pendants or earings! I have tons of sterling jewelry and a lot of turquois, but I never wear any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results