carat
color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2005 7:42:49 PM
Author: sweetpinkshubby
thank you jcdc. and ivy i just might start a support group ''pricescope addiction can it be tamed'' first meeting will be the blinding of the bling
I love it! Where do I sign up?
36.gif

sweetpinkshubby

Rough_Rock
i figure why not post my ring

edit bling.jpg

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
Dear Sweet Hubby,
emwink.gif

Your ring is beautiful!!!

I don''t think Hubby understands that once you buy a girl a diamond..you have opened the floodgates and should expect a lifetime of diamond buying. And in order to buy one you have to talk about it..right?? I don''t wear too much other jewelry so Hubby never has to worry,just buy me more diamonds.

But really my Hubby is very sweet and listens to me rant on and on about pricescope. And lets me drag him all over looking and drooling at shiney things. And I love him..... Today is actually the anniversary of the day we first started "going out"!
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
30.gif

Reactions: Jr3

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
Another with just the engagement ring alone.

0630ring.jpg

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
And the manufacturer''s pic of the setting for detail purposes.

0630setting.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2005 9:15:48 PM
Author: prettyinpave
Oh, I love this thread. Here is my .90 round brilliant in a bead-set band with matching wedding ring on my size 5 finger. I have to admit that with the trend toward big rocks, sometimes I feel a bit shy about the size. There is something sweetly traditional about this size, though, I agree.
I love your rings.

Only after trying on other stone sizes do I feel "shy" about my stone''s size. But since I don''t wear it constantly I like that when I put it back on it looks big and perfect on my finger.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
prettyinpave, your rings are beautiful!

And a .90c center stone is NOT small compared to most women''s stones. Pricescope gives you a distorted idea about the size of stones.

Reactions: Jr3

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dang patty you have such nice hands.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2005 10:24:33 PM
Author: ame
Why thank you Ame! I''ve never liked how skinny and wrinkly they are. They look terrible in macro mode!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
PrettyInPave,

Those rings are GORGEOUS!!! And, no offense, but that stone looks HUGE on your finger!! I wouldn''t ever be ashamed of it!!

Gosh, more pics PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2005 10:30:55 PM
Author: Patty

Why thank you Ame! I''ve never liked how skinny and wrinkly they are. They look terrible in macro mode!

I have skinny funky hands that look arthritic, and I never have nails done. I used to but it got expensive and time consuming and I am so freaking cheap and lazy...I just love seeing your well manicured, and EXPERIENCED, NOT WRINKLY, hands. :)

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2005 10:40
6.gif
6 PM

I have skinny funky hands that look arthritic, and I never have nails done. I used to but it got expensive and time consuming and I am so freaking cheap and lazy...I just love seeing your well manicured, and EXPERIENCED, NOT WRINKLY, hands. :)
The thing is, my hands were this wrinkly when I was 20 too! And speaking of arthritis, on my right hand, the top knuckles of my first two fingers now have bumps and they turn down. It''s degenerative artritis. It''s just shown up in the past year or two...I never used to notice it! I thought wrinkly was bad, now I have wrinkly and arthritic! I think I will just have to get bigger and bigger sparklies to distract me.

As for not doing your nails, I don''t see how you have the time or money...what with all you spend on your mahvelous hair!
2.gif

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, pretty in pave, our rings look exactly the same! My pics are on page 3, I think. Just goes to show that great minds think alike!

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
Aurora, I LOVE your ring. Is that the Tacori Rose setting, by chance? I am such a setting girl.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2005 10:44:39 PM
Date: 2/18/2005 10:40
6.gif
6 PM

The thing is, my hands were this wrinkly when I was 20 too! And speaking of arthritis, on my right hand, the top knuckles of my first two fingers now have bumps and they turn down. It''s degenerative artritis. It''s just shown up in the past year or two...I never used to notice it! I thought wrinkly was bad, now I have wrinkly and arthritic! I think I will just have to get bigger and bigger sparklies to distract me.

As for not doing your nails, I don''t see how you have the time or money...what with all you spend on your mahvelous hair!
2.gif

haha yea. I could feed the poor.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
love those rings pretty in pave...very nice! all sparkles on the hand and that .90c definitely does not look small.

PS does skew the mind in terms of size...when we were first looking I thought a 1c was what we wanted, well of course when you start to look around and look at all the pretty pix online of rings, we ended up with a 1.23 with the diameter of a 1.35 stone. of course that started to shrink right away esp the longer you hang around pscope, but in reality that size is plenty big on the hand.

my ultimate goal is 3c...i'll slowly make my way up there probably over the next 5-10 years...but by no means do i consider a 3c a 'normal' size stone nor is a 2c even...it will be nice and big and partially gaudy in my setting i am sure...but i don't care...i just love big rocks and since i don't spend THAT much on my hair, hopefully it's an attainable goal!
2.gif
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS does skew the mind in terms of size...

...i just love big rocks and since i don't spend THAT much on my hair, hopefully it's an attainable goal!
2.gif
9.gif
PS does mess with ones mind. My stone was always the perfect size for me until I started looking at diamonds here! It took me over a year to assess what was truly my priority and what is right *for me* to realize that I'm still happy with my ring. I'd like MORE rings and possibly a beautiful second eng. ring to alternate with my current ring OR an asscher RHR, but replacing my eng. ring has become an idea that contradicts my sentimental personality. I'd rather have LOTS of pretty diamonds around 3/4 carat in various styles of settings than one larger stone. This may be due to my OCD that I need lots of everything (sweaters, diamonds, shoes, etc.). lol
9.gif

But, regarding hair. . .lol If I hadn't of gone crazy this last week with the hair salon visists, I'd probably could have purchased a nice .40 carat stone. lol

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree Michelle, I would love to own various types and sizes of rocks...but I do want that big 3c stone for whatever reason!! Can't get over that one.
2.gif

In terms of other stones, since I don't wear much 'jewelry' other than a few pieces...I figure a RHR with a 2c Asscher...and I'd like to get a bigger pendant and earrings. But other than that stuff for really wearing all the time, I have been toying with the idea of getting some smaller fun stones just for posterity's sake and to build up a 'collection' of sparklies that are fun to look at but not really wear. Obviously I wouldn't want to spend alot of money on doing this, but over the years it'd be fun to collect various types of smaller stones that I fancy...aka a cushion cut and a Jubilee (already have the Regent!)...I'd have the Asscher RHR, the RB center e-ring stone...and I'd love to also get a few other eternity bands for RHR wear...aka a Daniel K asscher type eternity band and maybe a few thin stacking bands. Don't know that I'd have the smaller stones set at all, maybe just leave them loose for the fun value. Except that I don't have one friend locally who is as obsessed with sparklies as I am so who would I show them to? Damn!

Though it's a bit ironic, because when I think about having this fun collection of sparklies...we are not entirely sure we want children (the dog is enough resposibility?!) and so sometimes I think...well if I amass this beautiful collection of sparklies, where are they going to go when I die?! I may not have a girl who will appreciate them the way I do. I guess my sisters could have them, but I would want someone who would love them the way I have as I collect them and how much fun would it be to raise a diamond-educated girl? Poor future hubby!
9.gif

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
No, it''s not a Tacori, but the Rosebud was the first ring I saw in magazines with the distinctly smaller sidestones. I like that layout right away, but the intricate detailing in the Tacori was not for me. I based my ring on a Gottlieb & Sons ring. It''s EXACTLY the same as yours except that the sidestones are held by three prongs instead of four, and that''s the only difference.

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
I like the three prong look -- I think it makes the stones look more round. At any rate, your ring is a stunner!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Her''s my mom''s original ering...circa 1940...old cut diamond....small table..no culet!! It''s about .40...setting was replaced only once....basically original setting...

ering 113.JPG

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
another view....

ering 111.JPG

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
I'm a long-time lurker who has finally decided to come out of hiding! My .92 carat Royal Asscher is shown in my avatar...it's not set yet, but I'll try to get a picture of it loose on my hand for a more realistic size perspective.
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I just had time to go through this awesome thread! What gorgeous bling! I love SweetPink''s stacked wedding set--I love stacking rings!
3.gif
9.gif

And Treysar--the "push up bra for diamonds"--that is the best diamond phrase coined here since DF''s "mind clean" mantra!

And, a big welcome to SweetPink & Hubby!
35.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2005 10
6.gif
8:10 PM
Author: Jennifer5973
I just had time to go through this awesome thread! What gorgeous bling! I love SweetPink''s stacked wedding set--I love stacking rings!
3.gif
9.gif
Yup, and Jenn''s got some of the best stacks around here.
31.gif

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
Thanks Jen.....
I love, love , love all of your rings
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
...you have a very beautiful collection.

I''m glad to see all the lurkers that came out....
35.gif
by the way awesome asscher..please post when your setting is finished!! Can''t wait
36.gif

amyi

Rough_Rock
Hello,
These are all great rings! I have been trying to post my ring but I think the size was too large so it would never attach. I think I finally figured out how to shrink it so here it is...I hope!
It is a tri color .92 RB F VS1

fabtricolor.jpg

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice...I love tricolor!!
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results