shape
carat
color
clarity

Two new bands - Rose gold and Ruby

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
You may recall from this thread that David Klass is making me two bands. He's repurposing ;-) diamonds from other rings, and has been amazingly easy and attentive and a pleasure to work with. He gives me the sense that he is attentive to every client no matter how small the project. The insanely low prices were the icing on the cake.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/modern-vintage-ring-from-erd.201518/

He just sent photos of the first band. It's 14k rose gold, about half a carat of diamonds in an eternity setting. It's 1.8 mm, size 4.5. The diamonds are from my original wedding band which was sentimental to me but just didn't work with my new e-ring. My old band was white gold, semi eternity with pave on the underside, and a curve so that it wrapped around my old ering. It made my ring look like one big shank, and made my old 70 point diamond look even more diminutive! The diamonds were bright and sparkly so I'm giving then a new home, and I love the glow of rose gold. I can see myself wearing it alone as my tiffany metro looks great with my ering but too thin to wear on its own.

image_3296.jpgimage_3297.jpg

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
looks great! love that you used the diamonds from your wedding band such a good idea. cant wait to see the ruby ring

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new band! Can't wait to see the hand shot!

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks puppyguts! Your username made me laugh out loud, especially combined with your profile photo! :lol:
My original wedding set and vendor photo of my band. It was 2 mm(slightly too thick for my taste) as it had milgrain and was two-sided semi eternity. David used the stones to make it full eternity which I am thrilled about.

image_3302.jpgimage_3303.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Such a lovely band! It's beautiful and even more special with the stones from your original band. Congrats! Can't wait to see the ruby band! :appl:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent re-do, that looks like it might be so low set you won't even know it's on!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the color of this band. Can't wait to see the ruby one.

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mayk! I'll post handshots of both this week!

Rockinruby - I was thisclose to keeping my old wedding ring but it seemed so sad to only wear it at home. Giving it a makeover felt like the right thing to do and it feels special to turn a semi eternity into an eternity. Almost symbolic.

vintagejune - I really like the low profile of my metro band...it is soooo comfy and light. David said he'd make sure the culets weren't too low.

Thecat - yes it looks so rosy! I wanted rosy over peachy so he recommended the 14k rg.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful band! I love the low profile and the warm red gold.
Looking forward to see your handshots.

What a great idea to reuse your wedding band diamonds. By doing this you preserve the emotional value while making it more wearable for every day. Congrats!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring and all the more special with the diamonds from your original ring!

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
The Ruby and diamond band is gorgeous, however I'm asking him to make the milgrain finer, as I asked for superfine. Similar to Muluver's DK carre band.

image_3311.jpgimage_3313.jpgimage_3312.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another gorgeous band!!
It's lovely as is and it will also look great with finer milgrain. It's great that the band can be adapted to how you really want it to look like.

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
He's going to recast it and make it finer. He's awesome!! Specs are: 18k white gold, .52cts of natural princess cut rubies and .20cts of G color, VS-SI1 clarity round brilliant diamonds, size 4.5. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! It looks great with the fine milgrain. Happy waiting :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is beautiful I love the remade ruby band in particular!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How gorgeous!!! :love: I missed this before, but I am sooo glad you had the ring redone with finer milgrain! They did a beautiful job the second time and should do them all that way! I love it!

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Photos!! Tons of them as I'm in love. My favourite way to wear it is just my ering and either of the bands. My ering is filthy sorry!!! David is amazing! And it's Sooo perect with my ering from Brilliantly Engaged /ERD!

image_3355.jpg
image_3356.jpgimage_3357.jpg

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Each band somehow makes my ering more gorgeous. The milgrain is so fine on the Ruby band. I don't love it stacked with my metro band too, but I'm not much of a stacker.

image_3358.jpg
image_3359.jpgimage_3360.jpg
image_3365.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the ruby band, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOve the new bands. My favorite is ER/diamondband/ruby band. I know you said you're not much of a stacker, but I think it's really gorgeous that way - doesn't overpower or compete - just compliments.

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Motown mama! I love all your bands. Funny that you say that - I really liked that option after seeing it in photos too.
Thanks DK and Artdeco!!

image_3379.jpg
image_3380.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bands turned out so beautifully! :love: DK really came through! I love all the pics you posted and I think all the combinations look great. Have fun mixing and matching!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results