shape
carat
color
clarity

Two Carat Graduated Five Stone Ring with Antique Diamonds

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That title is a mouth-full!

I just received my 30th birthday gift to myself in the mail. Well, it happened to arrive near my birthday but I've been working on this thing for a while now (close to a year), so we can call it my gift to myself.

It all started when I fell in love with Anne's BGD Nightingale ring. That SMTR thread is probably one of my most visited. I resolved to get myself a tiny twin to that ring but after searching for modern RBs I was discouraged by how long it would take me to save for it. Then I started toying with going antique but the task of searching for matching (or closely enough matched for my taste) antique stones on eBay, DB, and other second-hand sources just overwhelmed me.

Then one day I logged on to Diamond Bistro and came across a set of three stones, two matched in facets and then one larger that also matched well with the other two. Our lovely Upgradable was clearing out her stash so I immediately messaged her about them. A few days later then were in my hands and the project had begun!

Fairly quickly after that I found the center stone on eBay. While it is quite a bit warmer than the other stones I couldn't bear to return it due to the beauty of the faceting. It actually has a big black inclusion right over the culet and just barely under the table but the performance of the diamond totally distracted me from this fact.

The last stone was purchased locally in San Jose from Joe Escobar when I was visited with two other PSers (B.E.G. and StarSparkle).

After sourcing all of the stones (from March-November) I collected quotes for the setting. I pinged PS vendors, my local bench, and another jeweler across the country. I ended up going with Hunt Country in VA (our dear Kelpie introduced me to them) and the service I received was wonderful. Communication was excellent and the project was completed on time! I would work with them again in a heartbeat.

The total weight is a hair over 2 carats. The main stone measures about 5.3 mm x 5.1. The two pairs are 4 mm and 3 mm. It is a size 5.75 but it is a smaller 5.5, I think. So it is on my size 5.25-5.5 left hand for now.

ETA: The color grades range from I to M and I am not sure what clarity they were graded to have (beyond the keystone, which I'm 100% positive is an I1 due to the carbon spot). I can tell the difference in colors for sure but it doesn't bother me. I was going for similarity in shape and faceting over color. It is set in 18 kt unplated white gold.

Many many thanks to Upgradable for helping me find the first 4 stones. I bombarded her with endless emails in the beginning talking about this stone and that stone. This wouldn't have happened without her help.

Now, on to the pictures!

ctekantiquering1.jpg

ctekring2.jpg

ctekring3hand.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Re: Two Carat Graduated Five Stone Ring with Antique Diamond

One more phone. I can't wait to see some sunlight and do some outdoor shots with my better camera! It is overcast here today so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

ctekring4side.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

WOW!!! BLINGALICIOUS!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:
Love the trellis setting - gorgeous stones - wow wow wow!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

It's beautiful Claire! The graduation is perfect, I love it! :appl: :love: Unplated, yes?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How beautiful :love: I think it is wonderful that you put it together like you have!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Your 5 stone is gorgeous!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

packrat|1330459534|3136555 said:
It's beautiful Claire! The graduation is perfect, I love it! :appl: :love: Unplated, yes?

Thanks! Yup! I updated the post above to reflect that. Totally forgot that detail!

Thanks bright ice, enerchi, and armywife!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Oh man, I'm impressed! I've been trying to find a match for a stone to make a pair of earrings for 8 months and I can't do it, yet you managed to find 5 stones that work beautifully together! Bravo! It is stunning!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Great job! It's lovely!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, Clairitek it's sooooo dreamy! Well done! ::)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

sooo beautiful! :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

i love it!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely beautiful!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock

Clairitek, that is just stunning :love:

I love the proportions you chose. Congratulations on such a successful project- it must feel doubly as good having it on your finger now! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Your profile view slays me. Just look at that tall, tall crown! Beautiful.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovely!!! Enjoy! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

This turned out to be beyond beautiful!! I'm so happy those stones found a loving home, and the most beautiful five stone mount I think I've ever seen!! You have done a wonderful job with this, and I know it will always be an important piece to you.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Looks beautiful! Love the trellis setting!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock

What a beautiful way to celebrate your birthday!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's gorgeous! Much more personality than many 5-stones I've seen. Wear it in good health, and happy birthday friend!!! :wavey:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

just stunning!!! it turned out beautifully :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's absolutely amazing!! You did a phenomenal job matching all those stones, they are perfection together!!!! :love: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

just a thought... if you wanted to amuse us with more photos.... we'd be willing to look at them ... Just throwin' that out there.... :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

It is so beautiful - maybe a couple of profile shots??? Anything you put up, we will drool over - the stones are AMAZING!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Such a fantastic ring and I love that profile..!!! You must be over the moon. Can't wait to see more pics.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Thanks everyone! I am so proud of this ring. I keep looking over at my hand and thinking, "Whose bling is that? Oh, it is mine! Look at that!"

One more for now! I have to run off to an NHL game with DH but I am so overjoyed with this view. I so enjoy the high crown of the center.

profilectekantiquering.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks! I feel a little bit satiated!!!

Which teams are you seeing? DH is watching Boston and Ottawa at the moment. 1:0 Ottawa at start of period 2.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh wow, it's gorgeous!!! Looks amazing on you, it really does! :love: :love: :love:

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock

The good thing about the lighting at hockey games is that it makes the ring sparkle a lot. :loopy:

Enjoy the game.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is beautiful Clairitek! I love all the gorgeous antique stones! What patience you have! I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I love the proportions and the high crown is lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results