shape
carat
color
clarity

Two Argyle pinks for two gorgeous ladies! <3

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I have finally got a bit of time to put this post up. Admittedly, it is only a few moments.

It has been a while in the making but I have now got something for the 2 most inspiring ladies in our lives. I have been researching locally (in Western Australia)considering that the mine is about 2.5hr flight from our capital city, and of course, online. I have bought from leibish before (0.4FVOY), and I returned there as the variety, colour, servicing and pricing is better than anywhere I have searched. Pricing from leibish was better than locally, which is so funny given than the stones are mined in the same state I live in!!!

I must also give a shout out to chrono, kroshka, diamondseeker2006, susimoo, just ginger, pink jewel, texasleaguer to name a few, we have helped me along the way.

These are the only photos I can attach so far. I will try and get the original ones off the website later.

_31303.jpg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love pink diamonds. I love Pinkjewels Orchid ring. How will you set them both?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Here are some of the pics that i managed to save from the website.
I am surprised i do not have many more....
enjoy...

_31313.jpg

_31314.jpg

attachment__1_.jpg

generic_pink_emerald_from_leibish.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow your gorgeous ladies for your gorgeous ladies are gorgeous! :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
hi Pyramid...not sure on how to set them yet... i am sure their tastes will be directing the design.. though i have a few ideas... i thnking more pendant than ring though. yes, that orchid ring is just wow... though i need for Robinson to come out of retirement to do that kinda design. :tongue:

Thanx rockinruby, catmom and kenny! :wavey:
Kenny.. we are really lucky to have these 2 ladies in our lives.... i would never have thought that we could ever be in a position to have them..

i can't wait to give these 2 pinks to them.... i will periodically get them out to show them.... a teaser!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are beautiful, Greg, and your girls are very fortunate to have a parent with such great taste! :bigsmile: :appl:

Kroshka had a gorgeous ring made with a small green center diamond, and that is a great example of how a small colored diamond can be set in a more substantial ring. I have a picture of one that I saw once with a small pink center and saved it for inspiration.

18_img_2.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi DS!
:wavey:

thank you for your kind words...Yes, i did see that setting for the green diamond!.. and thanx for your pic... i have kept it in the inspiration folder... :love: :angel:

I am thinking more of a classical pendant at this stage; as rings are hard to design as i feel they are more personal than a pendant. Weird,but that is how i think.......Though my thoughts are all over the place. i see some and think hmm a tweak here and there and i am done.. trying not to complicate things.

i will try and put that inspiration on pendant designs in a sec.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Some initial thoughts :
the middle and the right one requires a large stone.. but just getting the creative juices going.....

The disc will probably have their initials in diamonds and then the pink off to the side on incorporated into the initial...I think this disc setting option is the favourite currently, the left one is a close second.

And this is a close third with the setting.....the pink in the centre:

_31316.jpg

_31317.jpg

_31318.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it that the stones are different cuts, so that they cannot be mixed up, thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to see the finished jewellery for your little ladies.

DK :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
What an awesome gift for your two ladies! Can't wait to see the final results. Beautiful diamonds!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, lucky girls!.. :appl: :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi dk168, lovesvintage and DF,

the design will take many, many years to formulate.... i have lots of time on my hands....:rodent:

I also guess that the cost of making the pendant will also depend on what i choose.... :tongue:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamonds and such a lovely idea for your sweet girls :love: I love the disc design pendant, but as you mentioned you have years to make a decision. I'm sure your girls will enjoy looking at their sparkly diamonds over the years until they are set :))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are both beautiful stones. I would have a hard time deciding which I liked better. Your girls are very lucky! Whatever you decide to do with those stones will be fabulous. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, pendants! I have a folder full of those, too! :bigsmile:

Here's one of my very favorites that could work with your stones. But of course, as you said, you have plenty of time to decide.

pad_pend_large.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg, Your daughters are so lucky to have you as their dad! I wish all fathers treated their daughters this special. The stones could not be any prettier! Has your SO been involved with the search for the perfect stones? What a fun project!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Callie cake/ luv2sparkle/ woofmamma.... thanx!
But in some instances, i fear that i have set my girls up for failure.... they might come to expect that of all males!!!! :o :o

DS-Saving that pic into the folder too.... hehehehehe

As to the decision... i am going to leave it to fate.....
This is how i envisage it being distributed:
I will show these stones when the time is right, to both of them... they may have a favourite and they may not. if each has a favourite and they are different stones, perfect. then the disc design with their initials would be the easiest..

if not= UGH!!!!!... it will be a lottery!!! i think it would be the fairest...

At the appropriate time: A significant event gift- eg marriage/ first home/ first born... IF i can wait that long.... :errrr: :errrr:

Both stones may have already been set or i can leave it to them to decide on the setting.....
However, the stones/ pendant will be in their separate, same sized closed boxes in a dark bag.
Both will get a dice to roll.
the one with the higher number will choose from the bag first.

That way, it is a true lottery.

:)
if they choose to swap- so be it... i am trying to think of the fairest way.... :halo:

Thinking about it much???? LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
greg, how lovely! i've always joked around with my wife that it'll take a pink diamond / blue to win our daughter's heart over... hahahahah

i too got an argyle pink stone for my daughter... was planning on making a simple solitaire promise ring for her when she reaches her teenage years...

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
you guys are the best dads ever-how thoughtful!
what beautiful stones-swoon!
I love them!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I WANT that radiant! You have two luck girls to have you for a parent...very thoughtful!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1434942123|3892453 said:
Callie cake/ luv2sparkle/ woofmamma.... thanx!
But in some instances, i fear that i have set my girls up for failure.... they might come to expect that of all males!!!! :o :o

Thinking about it much???? LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Not at all! That would be the point. Any man they are with should treat them like princesses! Those stones are amazing... :love: :love: :love: You are setting a great precedent. :Up_to_something:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
acebruin said:
greg, how lovely! i've always joked around with my wife that it'll take a pink diamond / blue to win our daughter's heart over... hahahahah

i too got an argyle pink stone for my daughter... was planning on making a simple solitaire promise ring for her when she reaches her teenage years...

Ohh- i cant wait to see what you come up with in design of promise ring- i may have to steal your ideas!!!!

missdebby, victoria10, artdecolover71 thank you!!
tyty33- that radiant is something special....

LLJsmom- hmmm setting a precendent!!! though i am not sure how things are these days... treating girls like princesses and then the girls become real princesses???!!!!! :o
we hope that they become well rounded girls. DH and I share workload at home as well...and that may also set the girls up to find a partner that shares the workload... they may have to go to narnia!!!!!!..... most of what we know.... males are very slack in that dept.... i digress..... back to the pinks..... YUMMY!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great find!! What a sweet and personal present for your ladies. I love that both are pink, yet with such different characters.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The EC steals my heart every time I see it although the radiant is no slouch either. I would give it time; they will have their own preferences with regards to a preferred setting style as they grow up. Perhaps one might like a ring or a pendant or something else, who knows. :Up_to_something: Such lucky girls! Are you sure you don't need a grown up daughter? I am available for adoption. :devil: :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results