shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany's Shared Prong Band vs Brian Gavin Shared prong band

NalaLuv

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have the tiffany's shared prong band in either 3mm or 2.2mm wide band? I really would like a low profile shared prong wedding band to go with my tiffany style knife edge solitaire e-ring. I have read that tiffanys makes the lowest profile shared prong, but I came upon the BGD website and theirs also says it is low profile. Does anyone know how big of a difference in height is? If anyone has any photos, i'd love to see them. Thank you!

Ickeymouse

Rough_Rock
Re: Tiffany's Shared Prong Band vs Brian Gavin Shared prong

Gots to post links, so we can see what you mean...

NalaLuv

Rough_Rock

I really like to see any shared prong sets by tiffanys or BGD. I have heard that tiffany rings have the lowest profile, but if anyone has one could you tell me how many mm tall it is? bc I have found some of BGD rings that say they are only 1.8mm tall and that seems pretty low profile to me. On the tiffanys website I only see options for the shared prong in either 2.2 or 3mm but I'd actually prefer a diamond size somewhere in between those two sizes, which is a nice thing about the Brian Gavin rings bc they sell their shared prong rings in between sizes and much more affordable. I just wish they had a store I could try them on at so it wouldnt be so difficult to decide. Well here are a few pictures of the shared prong tiffany rings i was talking about... and here are a few links to the brian gavin shared prong rings:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5416
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5392

tiffanysharedprong22.jpg

tiffanysharedprong3.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Diamondseeker and I have had this exact conversation b/c we both would like a shared prong eternity band with the basket setting. Neither of us got far enough along in the process to find out the exact height of the Tiffany one. That is what I would do first and then ask Brian the height of his and make sure they are the same. If not and Tiff's is lower, see if he can make it lower. Be sure you are using the same size stones in your quote b/c the larger the melee, the higher the diamonds will have to sit off the finger.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As MrsS said, we have looked at these rings. I cannot make myself pay for the Tiffany. Plus, BG's diamonds are superior. I think the key is to ask Brian if he can make his baskets lower. In the picture of the ring on his site, I feel sure the diamonds are set higher than the Tiffany. You want the diamonds to be so close to the base of the ring that they almost touch, but not quite. I am sure it can be done, so it is just a matter of asking if they are willing.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As MrsS said, we have looked at these rings. I cannot make myself pay for the Tiffany. Plus, BG's diamonds are superior. I think the key is to ask Brian if he can make his baskets lower. In the picture of the ring on his site, I feel sure the diamonds are set higher than the Tiffany. You want the diamonds to be so close to the base of the ring that they almost touch, but not quite. I am sure it can be done, so it is just a matter of asking if they are willing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results