shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Olive Leaf band ring came and I love it!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The UPS guy just dropped this off for me! I really love it. I got the size 8 and it is an absolute perfect fit for my middle finger on my right hand. Once my ugly scar on that finger heals, it will look much nicer... :) And there is just something amazing about that little blue box with the pretty white satin ribbon and the little blue velvet pouch. Ahhhhhhh.... :love:

Am I the first one on PS to get this ring?

olivering2.jpg

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!
I've given up on silver - I hate to polish. The color/shine is beautiful though.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree Harpertoo! I love the look of it brand new and then it'll be a race to beat the tarnishing process!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh its just perfect! I'm glad it fit. Looks great! :love:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
It's BEAUTIFUL! Please can you post some more hand shots? Pretty please?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and substantial! I lurve Tiffany!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Yes, I'll take some better (less gross looking) hand shots...

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing on you! Is it comfortable?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more - with my Molly dog in the background - don't know why the photo is sideways...

olivering5.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Smith! It's very lightweight and "airy" feeling, but width and leaves will take a little getting used to! It feels pretty good so far!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!!!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
It's such a gorgeous design. What clothes will you team it with? I just thought about that because in the upside-down pic, I saw your carpet with the batik-like design and for a moment I thought it was a dress. I reflected on how well the ring would go with batik-style print.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update... I just ran to the grocery store with the ring on. I don't know what to do - the leaves on the edges are poking me and it's not quite as comfy as it was when I was just sitting here snapping pics. I REALLY don't want to send this ring back. I love it. It's so beautiful. I'll leave it off to go to the gym but will try it some more tonight. I'm sad. They have a single row band that's not wide but I don't love that one as much on the web site. What to do? Are my fingers just not long enough to pull off something this wide? The poking is happening on the underside of my finger, where it meets my palm. See this photo. :(sad

olivering6.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Ah yes, I see what you mean. Can you wear it slightly up your finger? I suppose it would fall back down.

Some Tiffany designs aren't that comfortable. The Elsa Peretti bone cuff actually bruised me when I tried it on!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no. :(( That doesn't look comfy. Maybe you could order the narrower version and compare them in person?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith, I tried pushing it up and it stays there pretty well but is right at the bend of my finger (at my knuckle) so that wasn't comfy either.
Laila, I just emailed the NYC store "personal shopper" I used and asked if she'd put the single row band on and send me a photo. I need to see it on a real hand. It just doesn't have the "umph" this one has. But maybe my hands aren't big enough for this kind of look.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is beautiful. I'm guessing that the design of the ring lends itself to poking into your finger. I don't have any really good suggestions on how to keep that from happening - maybe it's only made to be worn as true decoration - not really for everyday wear.

That stinks - it looks beautiful on your hand!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MissGotRocks. Maybe so. Ugghh why can't I have longer fingers?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katiedid|1366233060|3429215 said:
Thanks MissGotRocks. Maybe so. Ugghh why can't I have longer fingers?

I don't honestly know that having longer fingers would alleviate this problem. (I have short fingers too!) The ends of the olive leaves extend past base of the fingers so I'm thinking this would be a problem for just about everyone. Unfortunately, there is no way to know these little nuances about a piece until you actually put it on. I'm sorry for your disappointment - I would be very disappointed too!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! My hubby said it looked like it was just the design of the ring - just as you said. Oh well, I would never had known had I not ordered it.

What does everyone think about the single row ring in this style? Boring? What about the 1837 band? Too "brand namey"? Now that I've decided to get a ring, I'm gonna be on the hunt until I find one.

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP06620&mcat=&cid=288158&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+288158-r+101287466+0-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP05652&mcat=&cid=288158&search_params=s+5-p+3-c+288158-r+101287466+0-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

jillts

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! I was considering this for my mom for Mother's Day and was hoping to find some hand shots. It's lovely on you, enjoy!

jillts

Rough_Rock
Oops, I just read the rest of this thread and I'm sorry hear it's comfortable. I agree, would have to see a hand shot of the single row to see if I like it. And I don't like the second option, too brand-namey. I hope you come up with a decision your'e happy with, good luck. :((

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! I found that same pic of the single band on purseforum! Thanks for sharing it. I'm not much of a hearts fan, but I do like the Tiffany Venezia Goldini ring. I considered that one when I was first looking.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
The ring looks so so beautiful in your finger, i just love this leaf organic design, and it is very statement ring! I am very sorry to hear it is not comfortable, and not for everyday. I am(was? :confused: ) strongly considering getting this ring for my birthday, but in gold. Now I really need to get to Tiffany and actually try it on. But I guess it will be uncomfortable no matter what..i dont like the narrow design as much as the wide band, but would also try to stack 2 narrow bands to see if this combo will be more comfy. But this wide band..swoon..it looks grandious.. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results