shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo Engagement Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asianhoney

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody!

I've been going out with this guy since 1999..
just over christmas break, he asked me to meet him downtown and i said ok.
i turned out being 3.5 hours late, and he was all dressed up & waiting for me at the mall (which he did NOT want to be at).
i ruined all his plans of touring me around all the places we used to spend lots of time at.
but he did take me to the museum (where we used to spend a lot of time).. got down on one knee w ring in hand, and said, "u know i love you, and i guess what i'm trying to say is, i would like to spend the rest of my life with you. i would like u to be my wife"
so i just stood there.. waiting.. waiting.. (1 minute passed)

then he asks me "so, what's my answer?"

i reply, "you didn't ask me anything!"

then he asks and we are finally engaged. i could hear his heart beating so fast from a 1/2 foot away!

anyway, 4 months prior, i was 99% certain i only wanted the emerald cut ballerine by cartier. after i tried it on, it looked horrible (on me)! so i made him in charge of choosing the ring. we ended up going to royal de versailles, birks, and tiffany. at the end of the day, he says to me that he thinks the novo by tiffany looked the best on my finger.

so here it is!! i was so shocked he got it for me cuz 1 wk prior to the engagement, he started this argument about how we should wait til we're done school b4 we spend so lavishly.. blah blah.. i was so angry cuz he thought the novo was perfect, yet, he didn't want to get it anymore! boy was i wrong.

my ring is 0.94ct, VVS1, D clarity.

it is so sparkley!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND buying from TIFFANY!!
Perks from Tiffany:
-Ring resizing & cleaning is free FOREVER.
-lifetime warranty too.
-they only sell ideal cut diamonds.
-GUARANTEED NON-CONFLICT DIAMOND, fully abiding by the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme

hope u all have a wonderful engagement story & ring too!!
and moral of the story: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try your ring on before you buy it!!

Picture12.png

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful cut, setting, everything! Congrats on your engagement!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats...i love the novo....what a great surprise!!

asianhoney

Rough_Rock
the tiffany novo is a brilliant cushion, by the way :)
.. which is different from a cushion. the brilliant cushion shapes are patented by tiffany. other cushions don''t sparkle as much as round (aka brilliant) shapes do.. so this tiffany''s cushion was created to increase the sparkle factor. it''s basically a round shape on the bottom, cushion on top. it''s magnificent!!

Picture 10.png

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGIOUS!!!!! Do you know the carat weight on the band??? It looks wonderful on your hand - just perfect! MORE pictures please!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 4:02:08 PM
Author:asianhoney
my ring is 0.94ct, VVS1, D clarity.

asianhoney, i've noticed you've posted your specs a few times around here. Just so you know...vvs1 is the clarity, D is the color
2.gif

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Congratulations!!!!!

Gorgeous Ring!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks for sharing your good news with us!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is beautiful!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! beautiful ring! It looks great on your tiny finger!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful! I enjoyed your story, way to go by making him actually ask you. You have great restraint!

Your ring is very lovely and such great quality. Enjoy it!

asianhoney

Rough_Rock
MrsSalvo: oops! i knew that! hehe

Motownmama: carat wt on band is.. not part of the 0.94 that i quoted. big name jewellery stores (tiffany, harry winston, cartier, etc) don't include the carat size of the non-central diamond in the size quoted, whereas others usually do so. not sure what the carat wt is.. but there are 16 pave diamonds along the band

Coatimundi: can't remember my ring size. it's either 3.75 or 4.75. :p

I appreciate all your comments & pleasant words!! it's nice to be able to share good news with others :) please share yours too!!

here are some more pics!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Your finger looks about 4.75 I think. Congrats on your engagement! He sounds like a really sweet man who wanted to get a wonderful ring for his girl.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring, congratulations.

Cosmogrrl

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 4:58:11 PM
Author: motownmama
GORGIOUS!!!!! Do you know the carat weight on the band??? It looks wonderful on your hand - just perfect! MORE pictures please!
Congrats on your engagement!!
36.gif
You have a very beautiful ring
2.gif

The carat weight on the band is .16ct. There are 16 x 1pt diamonds.

AsianHoney: you stated that "the brilliant cushion shapes are patented by tiffany". I am pretty sure that the Novo is not a patented cut, I asked about this last time I was there having my ring polished. They said the Lucida and Legacy were the only patented cuts they had... Does anyone else know about this?
34.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, 3.5 hours late?? You''re lucky he was still in the mood to ask. Actually, you''re lucky he was still there. My hubby would''ve been gone after about 45 minutes.
9.gif

Congrats, it''s a beautiful ring!

Cosmogrrl

Rough_Rock
My fiance would have been gone after about 1/2 hour too!!!
28.gif
heehee

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 8:09:09 AM
Author: Cosmogrrl

AsianHoney: you stated that ''the brilliant cushion shapes are patented by tiffany''. I am pretty sure that the Novo is not a patented cut, I asked about this last time I was there having my ring polished. They said the Lucida and Legacy were the only patented cuts they had... Does anyone else know about this?
34.gif

Yeah our SA told us also that it was only the lucida and the legacy which were patented cuts. I just checked their website and while it says that the Lucida and the Legacy were, it doesn''t say anything about the novo on their site.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results