shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo Engagement Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement...what a lovely ring! Enjoy!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I luv the novo! As a cushion-modified brilliant owner myself I understand the appeal of this shape (and the many variations of it), unique yet classic and romantic!
Enjoy!

I think the others are right, I believe the novo is not yet a patent cut

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous. I love that shape! I had never really heard of it before. Very beautiful.

Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif

asianhoney

Rough_Rock
my fiance just told me my ring size is 4.75.
:)

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring is absolutely stunning, it looks so big on your finger! And isn''t there something just magical about that pretty blue box?
36.gif
Congratulations and wear your ring in good health.

Dutchgirlll

Rough_Rock
Oohhhhh!!! I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it!!!

(I had the chance to choose between the novo or classic tif setting, but on my huge fingers the Novo didn''t look as stunning
7.gif
as it does on yours... my finger size is 8.75.... so I chose the classic setting.)

And congrats on your engagement!
36.gif

asianhoney

Rough_Rock
thank you everybody! i just love my ring.. i miss it so much though.. had to leave it in the bank in toronto cuz i''m rotating thru surgery right now so i can''t wear it during the surgeries!!!
..and it''s not insured.. no money for that, yet!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I live in Chicago, so I am unsure how insurance works in Canada, so please forgive this post if it doesn''t help you...

But, for my 2+carat ering, insuring it thru Statefarm costs maybe $10-20 per month on top of our normal insurance policy. I am sure it will enchance the cost for you a bit, but at least you''d be able to wear your ering outside of work and enjoy it!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 3:34:50 PM
Author: asianhoney
thank you everybody! i just love my ring.. i miss it so much though.. had to leave it in the bank in toronto cuz i'm rotating thru surgery right now so i can't wear it during the surgeries!!!
..and it's not insured.. no money for that, yet!

you should definitely get it insured. the added cost usually isn't terrible, especially after the price of a Tiffany ring! i added my jewelry ($8000 total value) to my homeowners insurance, and our monthly payment only went up about $8. it would be well worth looking into. you should enjoy wearing your beautiful ring rather than keep it at the bank!

are you planning on a Novo wb, too, or will you choose something that you can wear most of the time at work?

Jasz516

Rough_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!! Your ring is beautiful!!! And your specs are amazing!!
36.gif

I agree with you I highly recommend Tiffany as well. Their service is just wonderful and the diamond is amazing. My BF and I have been in Tiffany numerous times and still can''t decide. I have the Tiffany Jazz ring that he got me two Christmas ago and absolutely love it!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congratulations.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! That''s funny, "You didn''t ask me anything!" Beautiful ring... it looks very pretty on you.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 8:14:51 AM
Author: Ellen
Wow, 3.5 hours late?? You''re lucky he was still in the mood to ask. Actually, you''re lucky he was still there. My hubby would''ve been gone after about 45 minutes.
9.gif

Congrats, it''s a beautiful ring!
I am so glad to be not alone here.
2.gif

Asianhoney, congrats on a lovely ring. Thank you for sharing.

shay

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 9:40:16 PM
Author: Shay37

Date: 1/24/2008 8:14:51 AM
Author: Ellen
Wow, 3.5 hours late?? You''re lucky he was still in the mood to ask. Actually, you''re lucky he was still there. My hubby would''ve been gone after about 45 minutes.
9.gif

Congrats, it''s a beautiful ring!
I am so glad to be not alone here.
2.gif

Asianhoney, congrats on a lovely ring. Thank you for sharing.

shay
Hehe, mine too!

Congrats on your engagement, your ring is stunning!!!
36.gif

prettikat

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!

The Novo is simply gorgeous.

asianhoney

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 5:35:08 PM
Author: erica k
Date: 1/27/2008 3:34:50 PM

Author: asianhoney

thank you everybody! i just love my ring.. i miss it so much though.. had to leave it in the bank in toronto cuz i''m rotating thru surgery right now so i can''t wear it during the surgeries!!!
..and it''s not insured.. no money for that, yet!

you should definitely get it insured. the added cost usually isn''t terrible, especially after the price of a Tiffany ring! i added my jewelry ($8000 total value) to my homeowners insurance, and our monthly payment only went up about $8. it would be well worth looking into. you should enjoy wearing your beautiful ring rather than keep it at the bank!

are you planning on a Novo wb, too, or will you choose something that you can wear most of the time at work?
yup. my fiance is 100% set on getting me the matching novo wb.. so i''m ecstatic!! :D
as for the insurance, i asked and it''s basically $10 extra per year for every $1000 that your ring is worth. the issue here is the fact that we''re both still students, and therefore NOT homeowners. my parents won''t allow me to put it on their homeowner''s insurance, especially cuz i don''t live at home (paying rent near hospital).. so i''m basically gonna go uninsured til i start residency. my fiance actually wants to get me a copy of my ring, replacing the diamond with moissonite.. so i can wear it everyday.. keeping the real one in the bank. he said the insurance will eventually add up and u get nothing for it.. he has a point.

missmg9

Rough_Rock
Congrats on your engagement - and your BEAUTIFUL ring! amazing.

I don''t know about the insurance first hand (no ring yet!) but I''d even cut cable to pay for it so I could wear the real thing. Think about it! That beauty is for YOU... you deserve to wear it!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Not to sound like a broken record or anything, but you should really get that beauty insured so you can wear it. What good is having it if you have to keep it in the bank? You should be able to wear it proudly everyday without having to worry about it.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
There are other insurance options (Chubb, Jewelers'' Mutual) that have stand-alone policies for jewelry (rather than homeowners''), if you''re interested in wearing your ring before starting your residency and/or buying a home. I don''t know how much it costs, but it seems like insurance is advisable particularly during the first year of wearing it.

If you''re more comfortable or happy with wearing a copy of the ring, then you should go ahead and do that instead. I''m not sure how expensive it would be to make a nice copy of the Novo, though. Would this option be cheaper than paying for insurance for a year or two?

asianhoney

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 4:58:11 PM
Author: motownmama
GORGIOUS!!!!! Do you know the carat weight on the band??? It looks wonderful on your hand - just perfect! MORE pictures please!
i asked tiffany and they said:
carat weight of band diamonds: .16
color of band diamonds: F-G
clarity of band diamonds: VS1-VS2

asianhoney

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 10:54:12 PM
Author: erica k
There are other insurance options (Chubb, Jewelers'' Mutual) that have stand-alone policies for jewelry (rather than homeowners''), if you''re interested in wearing your ring before starting your residency and/or buying a home. I don''t know how much it costs, but it seems like insurance is advisable particularly during the first year of wearing it.

If you''re more comfortable or happy with wearing a copy of the ring, then you should go ahead and do that instead. I''m not sure how expensive it would be to make a nice copy of the Novo, though. Would this option be cheaper than paying for insurance for a year or two?
i doubt it will be cheaper than buying the insurance for a year or 2. i think it would cost like $1000-2000 for the moissonite copy. but after several years of paying insurance (5 years), u may as well have used that money to get the moissonite copy.
not sure how sparkley the moissonite is compared to my real diamond tho.. i heard moissonite is just as sparkley as diamond.. it''s just softer texture

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Why do you want to make a moissanite copy when you can just insure your ring and wear it? Leave it at home when you are in surgery rotation, and wear it when your not. Seems pretty simple.

If you make a copy, when will you take your actual ring out of the bank to wear it? Special occasions? What if something happens to it when you wear it to a party or something? You're still going to need insurance, unless you plan on leaving it at the bank forever... while you wear a copy.
2.gif

eta: I just read that you plan on insuring it during your residency-is that correct?
The copy is just for now?

pittdidi

Rough_Rock
I almost got the Novo as well. It is gorgeous! I like it better than the classic 6 prong b/c the diamonds in the band just make the center stone go CRAZY. Beautiful!!!

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Asianhoney! It looks gorgeous on you!

I insured my ring (a Novo too) through a Chubb stand alone policy. Get that puppy insured so you can wear it around now!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have ALL my jewelry insured through Chubb - when I had a pair of studds "go missing" it was SOOOO quickly handled by them.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
congrats on your engagement asianhoney!
36.gif
your ring looks beautiful!

you should definitely insure your ring and wear it! it would be such a waste to have that pretty sitting in the bank. i have my ring insured through chubb. it''s very affordable and gives great piece of mind.

guylian

Rough_Rock
Oh Asianhoney, what a gorgeous ring
36.gif
!! Go get that badboy beauty insured and wear it always!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results