shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo band vs a Leon ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

evangeline

Rough_Rock
Hi! I posted this on the Jewelry Pieces board (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-novo-band-vs-leon.96528/) but I''m just going to summerize/partially copy and paste what I wrote, to hopefully get some more opinions, especially about the sparkle factor... I hope that is ok.

I want a thin diamond eternity band set in platinum and I have been planning all along to get the Tiffany Novo eternity band, but after seeing on this forum what beautiful work Leon Mege does, I decided to get a quote from him for a similar paved band. Leon''s price is $600-700 less than the price of Tiffany''s, and as much as I would love to say it''s from Tiffany''s (the girly-girl in me!) I think I would be just as happy with Leon''s ring, so the name for personal reasons really isn''t a deciding factor for me. I am very confident in Leon''s quality, I just don''t know if it''s wiser to have the big name of Tiffany''s behind the ring, so if the ring gets damaged or a stone gets lost it can easily be fixed. I plan on using this to replace my wedding ring. I''m not sure the likelihood of stone loss and how much of an issue that really is, but the fact that it will be worn every day will increase the chances I''m sure.

Leon can make a ring practically identical to the novo, but a big question for me right now is the difference in diamonds. The Novo really does sparkle beautifully, when it hits the light the ring practically glows.. I''ve never seen a paved Leon ring in person, does anyone know the quality of diamonds that Leon uses? Does anyone know if they perform just as well?? I guess that would be the biggest deciding factor, because if they''re just as good, I''d rather save money! but I definitely want that sparkle!!

Thanks so much for the help!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m no expert, but from what I know, Leon uses quality melees and takes pride in his work. Somehow I suspect that Leon''s version will look more graceful than Tiffany''s but maybe I''m biased.
20.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m betting diamonds from both designers are comparible (nobody here has ever complained about Leon''s diamonds being sub-par). Personally, I''d go with the Tiffany because, as you said, it can be serviced locally, AND because it can be purchased premade. Wouldn''t the Leon ring have to be custom made? I''d not want to deal with the hassle of that UNLESS the design happened to be very unique.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Before I ordered style 201 by Leon I did view the Tiffany novo in person. While the Novo was pretty, my Leon looks more refined? Less metal around the stones, and the diamonds are very sparkly. I had a Ritani Endless band and that failed in comparison to my Leon and Novo.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 10:42:20 AM
Author:evangeline
Hi! I posted this on the Jewelry Pieces board (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-novo-band-vs-leon.96528/) but I''m just going to summerize/partially copy and paste what I wrote, to hopefully get some more opinions, especially about the sparkle factor... I hope that is ok.

I want a thin diamond eternity band set in platinum and I have been planning all along to get the Tiffany Novo eternity band, but after seeing on this forum what beautiful work Leon Mege does, I decided to get a quote from him for a similar paved band. Leon''s price is $600-700 less than the price of Tiffany''s, and as much as I would love to say it''s from Tiffany''s (the girly-girl in me!) I think I would be just as happy with Leon''s ring, so the name for personal reasons really isn''t a deciding factor for me. I am very confident in Leon''s quality, I just don''t know if it''s wiser to have the big name of Tiffany''s behind the ring, so if the ring gets damaged or a stone gets lost it can easily be fixed. I plan on using this to replace my wedding ring. I''m not sure the likelihood of stone loss and how much of an issue that really is, but the fact that it will be worn every day will increase the chances I''m sure.

Leon can make a ring practically identical to the novo, but a big question for me right now is the difference in diamonds. The Novo really does sparkle beautifully, when it hits the light the ring practically glows.. I''ve never seen a paved Leon ring in person, does anyone know the quality of diamonds that Leon uses? Does anyone know if they perform just as well?? I guess that would be the biggest deciding factor, because if they''re just as good, I''d rather save money! but I definitely want that sparkle!!

Thanks so much for the help!
The pave on the shank of my engagement ring was graded by an independant appraiser as D-E-F in color, VS1-2 in clarity, and proportions and finish described as very good.

I think when it comes to engagement rings, Leon matches the pave as close as possible to the centre stone in quality so it doesn''t look ''off''.

I would assume with eternity bands that you would have some say in the color, clarity, etc. For example, if you had a warm centre stone in your engagement ring, you might not want an icy white diamond band next to it. Ultimately, I think the stones Leon uses are of high quality.

evangeline

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the info/opinions, everyone.. that really helps!!

Snooper - do you possibly have a picture of your 201 (adrianna?)? That is the style that Leon suggested for me, but for some reason I don''t see the pictures on his website unless I it''s from a link on here? (I don''t know why that is?!) And while I did find pictures of "Adrianna" engagement rings, they were really showing off the setting of the center stone, making the band slightly blurry in the background..I got the idea, but couldnt really see details. Also do you know how thick yours is? Is it 2mm as well, or is it thinner than the Novo? I just asked for somewhere between 1.8-2mm. I love that you said it has less metal, that''s really the look I''m going for.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally, I actually think the quality of leon''s work is better than tiff''s. However, you won''t get that "blue box" experience with tiffs. As far as maintenance, I really don''t think it should matter either way. I would insure your ring no matter what as accidents do happen.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''d go with Leon, personally. But the name isn''t a draw for me and I do prefer his work. Plus Leon''s cheaper?! I''m sold
3.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go with Leon, hands down. The Novo is the only Tiffany ring that I really love, and I''d STILL want a Leon any day over a Tiffany piece.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 4:36:48 PM
Author: evangeline
Thank you so much for the info/opinions, everyone.. that really helps!!

Snooper - do you possibly have a picture of your 201 (adrianna?)? That is the style that Leon suggested for me, but for some reason I don't see the pictures on his website unless I it's from a link on here? (I don't know why that is?!) And while I did find pictures of 'Adrianna' engagement rings, they were really showing off the setting of the center stone, making the band slightly blurry in the background..I got the idea, but couldnt really see details. Also do you know how thick yours is? Is it 2mm as well, or is it thinner than the Novo? I just asked for somewhere between 1.8-2mm. I love that you said it has less metal, that's really the look I'm going for.

Here's my thread with a few pictures as someone asked about it (it's a short one with pics of the band)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-snooper.88522/

MMT

Ideal_Rock
From everything I''ve read on here I would say go with Leon. Good luck!!!!

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
I have a number of Leon pieces and Tiffany. For something like a wedding band I would probably go with Tiffany. Not because I don''t love LMs work or the things he has done for me....but wedding bands are everyday forever. The hassle of shipping things back and forth would make me lean towards the Tiffany band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results