shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FedExHarley

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am new to the website. I am about to pop the question, but still am looking for the hardware. I really like the Tiffany Legacy (without the graduated side stones). I have an appointment on 29 April in Atlanta to see some rings. Does anyone have any pictures or particular opinions regarding the ring? My girlfriend''s finger size is 5.5. Will a 1.3 or 1.42 (both E color, VVS1 and VS1 clarity) look too big on her hand? I was concerned because of the halo type setting of the Legacy. I would appreciate any conctructive comments or opinions regarding this type of ring. - Harley

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope! You will SOON learn there is no such thing as too big. I do not have a halo but my diamond is 1.72 and my ring size is 4.5. Hope that helps with your decision! Be sure to post the ring once you get it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Either will look lovely on her hand. Around here nothing is too big, hehe. Make sure to post pics when you get it. Good luck, I love the Legacy ring!!!

FedExHarley

Rough_Rock
That is a really nice ring. Thanks for posting the picture. It gives me a perspective. I will definitely post pictures of whatever ring I purchase. I am still considering other styles (two by Jack Kelege'' and another by a local Nashville jeweler). The Tiffany Legacy is my personal favorite so far. I am consulting with the wife of one of my collegues at work. She is enjoying this whole ring buying process more than I am. Thanks for your help.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the size you are looking at in the Legacy would be stunning on a 5.5 finger. It''s a beautiful ring. You know Tiffany''s is coming to Nashville in august so she could go in for her ring cleanings locally
1.gif

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
Welcome to pricescope! Nothing is EVER to big! My mother once asked me how big my diamond would get before I was done upgrading it and I said, "When I need to use my right hand to pick up my left hand to move it I think it will be big enough!" I don''t think I will even come close to that but I am up to 4.50 total diamond weight so far. Good luck on finding what you want and on your girlfriend saying yes!!! (Post pics as soon as you have them)

FedExHarley

Rough_Rock
I am glad Nashville is going to get a Tiffany''s. I do wish it was sooner, so I wouldn''t have to go to drive to another city to look at the ring. I would like to buy her a larger stone, but the 1.42 legacy was already pushing my budget. Also, I reallly was hoping to stay with at least an F. Clarity isn''t a major factor since Tiffany does not sell anything below VVS2. When the sales rep quoted me prices, I did notice a big difference from the VS1 to the VVS1. Does anyone have any pictures of the ring. There is only two on the Tiffany website, a top view and a profile view.

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Hey Fedex,

I''m a size 5 and if you look you can see my pic of my Tiffany & Co 1.7ct three stone pear under rockytalk. It is substantial on my finger. Now I did try on a ring similar in size to what you are looking at in Tiffany NY 5th Ave store when I was in my halo craze & it was pretty impressive. So I don''t think it''s going to look small because the T&Co legacy halo made it pop on my finger.

Just to give you size perspective - she will be thrilled!

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock
Hello Harley and welcome to Pricescope! I have seen the Legacy in person on several occasions and agree it is a beautiful ring. I recently considered buying it but finally decided on a similar version from Harry Winston.

You can see photos of my ring here: Loving my Harry Winston cushion pave ering
30.gif

Below are some threads that may interest you. You can use the search box to find more. Good luck!
36.gif

Anyone seen the new tiffany legacy ring?

Calling Tiffany legacy owners or experts!

Harry Winston cushion cut vs. Tiffany Legacy

Tiffany Legacy Ring

Tiffany Legacy Engagement Ring with and without graduated side stones

Show me your ring with halos

Last but not least, I found two Pricescope members who own the Legacy (without graduated side stones) and are very happy with it. You can do a search for members PL and hunter827 (I'm sure there are others as well).

The following picture was posted by: PL
Tiffany's Legacy ring 2.42ct F/ VS1, with matching band, ring size 4.
It's on page 24 of the Eye Candy folder.
pleesprettyring.jpg

ello

Brilliant_Rock
The Tiff. Legacy ring is stunning! - It is important to see it in person first, I adored the setting on my hand but the cost was way out of our league - on my fat finger, 6.25 size the 2ct center looked the best. The setting was feather light...very comfortable!

Also, the setting is beautiful from every angle. I must admit that I was disappointed that it did not have more sparkle...but I would still be very happy if my boyfriend decides to surprise me with this setting.

FedExHarley

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/16/2006 6:30:15 AM
Author: Ries
The Tiff. Legacy ring is stunning! - It is important to see it in person first, I adored the setting on my hand but the cost was way out of our league - on my fat finger, 6.25 size the 2ct center looked the best. The setting was feather light...very comfortable!

Also, the setting is beautiful from every angle. I must admit that I was disappointed that it did not have more sparkle...but I would still be very happy if my boyfriend decides to surprise me with this setting.
Ries,

Since your have actually tried on the ring, I have a question. With the simple Legacy, there is a single diamond on the side (or profile) view. Does that diamond stick out much? I am curious because of how the wedding band might fit against the e-ring. I have observed her tastes in rings and she seems to gravitate toward the ones that allow the wedding band to be almost flush with the e-ring. I have had to eliminate many styles because of that. Thanks for your help.

Harley

FedExHarley

Rough_Rock
Angela,

Thanks so much for finding those links, they were all very informative. By the way, your HW is absolutely stunning. That thing really sparkles!
I''ll ask the same thing I asked Ries in the previous post. What kind of band would you recommend with your type of ring? My girlfriend tends to like rings that allow the band to be flush with the engagement ring. Unfortunately, some of nicer settings I have found don''t have that feature.
I am really curious about the Legacy because I know she really likes that particular ring. It is her "dream ring" and I think she would be really surprised if she actually received it. She doesn''t even realize I am considering it. Despite all the ring discussions we have had over the last few months (all initiated by her...I might add), I really want to somehow surprise her with something special.
Anyway, I am curious if a band would fit awkward on the simple legacy.

Again, thanks for the links and that picture of the Legacy and matching band. - Harley

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock
Hi again Harley,

Thanks so much for complimenting my ring! I chose it over the Legacy in the end because it is so sparkly! Look closely at the photo I posted above and you'll see that the matching band does not sit flush with the Legacy. It's the same with my HW ring, there will be a small gap, more noticeable on the sides. I happen to like the look and agree with albicocca that it looks like a gorgeous split shank ring.
30.gif
I hope she doesn't mind me posting a photo of her beauty so you can see the effect close up. The HW matching band I'll be getting this fall looks a lot like hers.

original thread
weddingset5.jpg

Harley, I'm sure whatever you decide on will be gorgeous! Good luck and keep us updated!
36.gif

angelainjapan

Rough_Rock
Here are some mouthwatering photos of the simple Legacy I've been collecting. I've always thought it looks even better in photos than it does in real life!
31.gif

legacysimplesideview.JPG

Tiffanylegacysimple1.JPG

Legacy_small.jpeg

legacy.jpg

legacytilt.JPG

combination_legacy_ring.jpeg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
harley, would she consider wearing the band on another hand? Some people do not like to, they think they still look engaged, but if you then switch the solitaire to the right hand and wear a nice band on the left it can work. the only issue then is if you ever want a rhr to wear you do not have a vacant finger. I have had a set wear my e ring was a solitaire and then the wedding bands were two bands soldered together with a space for the e ring to fit between, and it was fine since I could wear the diamond alone or add the band. I could not wear the bands alone though, it looked odd. Now I have a stone and a separate eternity band, and since I wear the stone on my left hand I know people think it is just an engagement ring and that I am not married yet. (people have asked when I am getting married)...but it is really just personal taste...good luck and I am sure she will be so thrilled to get her dream ring...

boxingfan99

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and appreciate any help.

I looked at a Tiffany''s legacy ring recently. I loved the setting and wanted to get a picture of it to see if its somehting my girlfriend would like. It was classifeid as the legacy setting but was a round diamond. It had kind of a split shank with very delicate pavet diamonds along the setting. According to the gentleman at Tiffany''s it was a failry new setting.

Would anyone have a pic of this particular ring? Thank-you in advnace for your help.

Boxingfan

icekid

Ideal_Rock
too big?!?! never!!!!!!! (around here anyway)

I think it''s really sweet that you''re going to try to get your gf''s dream ring- bet she''ll be so happy and surprised! annnnd we''d love pics
9.gif

boxingfan99

Rough_Rock
looks very similar. The gentleman at Tiffanys said that it was a fairly rare setting relatively speaking. Thank-you very much. Would anyone have a side view? I have searched the net far and wide and it is very hard to find a pic of this setting.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2006 4:23:02 AM
Author: angelainjapan
Hello BF and welcome to Pricescope! Is this the Tiffany ring you are talking about?

link
37_12.JPG

09_12.JPG
I tried this one on in person at a Tiffany back in September, on my hand it was my favorite of the Legacy collection. This is the first time I have seen a picture of it.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 6:39:25 AM
Author: angelainjapan
I hope she doesn''t mind me posting a photo of her beauty so you can see the effect close up.
Of course not!! There''s nothing better than randomly stumbling across someone complimenting my rings!
9.gif

Harley - I agree that you are definitely going to end up with something spectacular if the Legacy is your inspiration! Good luck!!!

boxingfan99

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the confusion. I think this is the ring. Its hard to tell without seeing it in other angles. The pave on the split shank was very delicate looking. I asked the store and they said the SKU is 19963217.

I really appreciate all the help everyone has given me.

BF

roundLegacyRing.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results