shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Tiffany & Co engagement ring

ariadne28

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescopers! I’ve been lurking on this site for years and rarely post, but now that I have a lovely engagement ring, I wanted to share!

I’ve always loved the classic Tiffany solitaire and dreamed of getting a ring in a blue box one day, but after doing some research on this forum, I learned that the Tiffany mark-up would likely be much more than we could afford unless I went with a much smaller diamond. My fiance and I had a modest budget and didn’t want to put a ton of money towards a piece of jewelry. We had tentatively decided on a replica from a Pricescope vendor at around half a carat. Still, I kept thinking “Wouldn’t it be great to have an actual Tiffany ring?”

Then one night I came across a listing on DB for a .55 carat Tiffany solitaire and Lucida wedding band that was previously owned by a PSer. I showed my fiance and he agreed that a second hand ring would be a great way to stay within budget and still get exactly what I want. The diamond looks gorgeous and it is the perfect size for my finger. I absolutely love it and I’m thrilled that I was able to get a Tiffany ring at a reasonable price. I’m not an expert on cut, but the diamond is very sparkly and faces up very white (thanks in part to the fluor, I’m sure).

Thanks again to Butterfly17 for the beautiful rings!

Now that the engagement ring has been polished and sized, time for pics! I don’t have any pics with the wedding band, maybe I will post some after I have it polished.

Diamond Stats:
.55 carat
I colour
VVS1
medium blue fluor
ring size is 4.75

img_74.jpg

img_2201.jpg

img_2204.jpg

img_2207.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am very happy you ended up with this ring! It was an awesome deal! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
ITs BEAUTIFUL on your lovely hand!! (and love the diamond bracelet, too, btw!) It has great specs and love the setting - so sweet when you can get a great deal for a name brand without the pricing!

Congratulations!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing like a BEAUTIFUL CLASSIC!!! Stunning Enjoy!!!! It looks perfect on your hand!! :appl: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing quite like the original - it's beautiful!

Congrats!

valchiria

Shiny_Rock
I love the classic Tiffany setting.
Congratulation!

I have a question for all.
The standard for color that Tiffany use, is from D to I.
The clarity? From IF to?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic find, it's perfect on your hand!! Congratulations!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this story, it has a happy ending!!! So very glad you were able to get your dream ring, it looks gorgeous on your hand! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love the Tiffany solitaire, and I'll have to say, you did it the right way! :appl: Beautiful ring! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, elegant, timeless! I absolutely love the real Tiffany setting, it's just perfection.

Congrats!!

valchiria

Shiny_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1346710373|3261923 said:
valchiria|1346708775|3261910 said:
I love the classic Tiffany setting.
Congratulation!

I have a question for all.
The standard for color that Tiffany use, is from D to I.
The clarity? From IF to?

IF to SI1

great buy!
Thanks for the information!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is a win-win for everyone!
congrats on your engagement!
thank you for the hand shot: it looks gorgeous on you.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL! What a happy story! Can't wait to see pics with the band too. :appl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love everything about it!!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! :love:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What better than getting an amazing ring that you really wanted in the right price? :appl: It looks great on your hand, huge congrats on your engagement :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how wonderful you were able to find exactly what you wanted. it looks beautiful on your hand!!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
My all-time favorite setting! :) Congratulations and best wishes! Your ring is gorgeous (love your bracelet too).

50shadesofblack

Shiny_Rock
My favourite setting as well :love:

Your ring is beautiful and I am very happy you were able to get what you wanted at an acceptable price!

You have impecable taste! :mrgreen: (says the person who has a .48 I VVS2 Tiffany engagement ring with a 3mm Lucida wedding band :naughty: :lol: )

Congrats!

ariadne28

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for the lovely comments! And thanks for commenting on my bracelet as well, that's my other Tiffany piece, a silver DBTY bracelet that I got this year for my birthday.

I will try to get some pics of the ring with the wedding band this weekend :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results