shape
carat
color
clarity

*THREE STONE PEAR-SHAPED ENGAGEMENT RINGS*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
I have done quite a few searches for posts on three stone pear-shaped engagement rings and, unfortunately, I have only come across very few. Can you help me find as many pictures and hand-shots as possible of this type of ring and post them here please?
Also, if you know where I can find a PRE-SET one on any website or in the New York area, that would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.
Thank you very, very much and I look forward to your responses! :)
P.S. Should I see if SignedPieces would custom make it for me? I hear they are of excellent quality diamonds, great customer service, and low prices.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why does it have to be pre set?

I would check with Mark at Engagement Rings Direct first. He''s a fabulous vendor, in the DD, and does great custom work. Signed pieces customer service can be spotty at best IMO...but their pieces are nice.

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
Hi neatfreak! It definitely doesn''t HAVE to be pre-set but I just underlined pre-set because I figured buying it pre-set would be cheaper instead of having to buy 3 different diamonds? Sorry, I''m new at this :-/ LoL.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Probably not...and the diamonds are likely to be inferior. *Usually* (of course not always) pre-set items are cut pretty poorly...

Call Mark and give him your constraints and see what he can find you first. He's great and will make sure your diamonds are beautiful. The process is pretty painless with him.

You can also try Good Old Gold too, they are on LI.

But the BEST advice I can give you is SLOW DOWN. It seems like your preferences have run the gamut recently, so before you start contacting everyone about custom work, take a step back and think about what YOU really want.

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
I know, you're right neatfreak, thank you! It is just SO hard to choose. I think I have my mind set but then another type grabs my eye, I fall in love all over again, and then I'm stuck choosing again. Every diamond shape is so unique and so beautiful in it's own way. How do you choose? It's so hard! LoL :)
As hard as it may seem to believe, I have been taking alot of time to think it through, do research, and see what I love best and see what I want most, and I have come to the official and definite decision that pear is it for me. Pear was originally the first diamond shape that was my favorite and first love. I went through all the others but eventually came back to pear<3 I'm sticking with it, LoL.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
What size pears are you looking for? Do you have a budget for your entire ring?

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
Hi Jelly! :) For the center pear diamond, I would probably go with a 1.00ct to a 1.25ct. And for the side-stone pears, I guess a .25 or .30 on each side. Whatever would like nicer. I''d love to be able to get the whole ring for $4,000 or less but feel like that might not happen unless it''s pre-set. I don''t know :-\
Your opinion?....

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Are you thinking all three pears facing in the same direction? Or one main pear and two on it''s side, like that adwar picture I posted above? Just trying to get a better idea of what you''re imagining.

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
Jelly - Yes, I am looking for the same style that you posted. The center diamond and then the pears going sideways. Also, I know this may seem like I''m being picky loll, but from the few 3-stone pear e-rings that I have seen online, I''ve noticed that the side-stones come out directly from the middle of the pear center diamond. I''m not too fond of that. I like it better when the side stones come out from the bulkiest part of the base of the pear. (Like, not at the very top, but not directly in the middle either.) For example, I have attached a picture of something similar to what I am looking for.

7gb.JPG

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
Neatfreak, when you say that the customer service of Signed Pieces can be "spotty" at times, what exactly does that mean? Thank you!

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
My original engagement ring is a 1 carat center with two .25 sides. I can dig up a photo.
(eta to add - OOPS - you did not ask for an oval at all. sorry!)

3stoneovallovely.jpg

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
LoL! LostieLovesBling, awww don''t be silly! :) The pictures of your gorgeous 3-stone oval are absolutely welcome here regardless! Also, thank you for the help in visualization with a 1ct and .25 sides. Your ring is so beautiful! :)

LostieLovesBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 1:43:57 AM
Author: Asscher102
LoL! LostieLovesBling, awww don''t be silly! :) The pictures of your gorgeous 3-stone oval are absolutely welcome here regardless! Also, thank you for the help in visualization with a 1ct and .25 sides. Your ring is so beautiful! :)

Thank you for not laughing at my faux pas. I''ve been wearing my original ring the last few days and have enjoyed it. Since I am upgrading, I had been tossing around the idea of re-setting the oval into a pendant and make earrings out of the side stones, but I may just leave it be. :)

Asscher102

Shiny_Rock
Stepcutnut - Me too!! :) I LOVE 3-stone pear rings! Definitely my favorite style. Thank you so much for posting those pictures. They are incredible! If you come across any others, please do not hesitate to post them here! :) Thank you again!!

LostieLovesBling - You should definitely go with whatever''s inside your heart. If you follow your heart, it will never lead you in the wrong direction. Personally, I think your ring is stunning the way it is now. Turning it into a pendant could possibly take away it''s unique beauty and originality. You always see pendants in this shape, but an oval 3-stone? It''s a first time for me and it took my breath away. I would agree with you and leave it be. But with stones like those, whatever you decide to do, I know it will turn out to be absolutely beautiful either way. Good luck with your decision and please keep me posted :)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
This is my DREAM ring for next year.....

It belongs(belonged) to Jessica Simpson and is Juicy. I am picky too about the level of the side stones and this seems pear-fect!

Bitethosepears.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I WANNA PEAR!
39.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 1:11:24 AM
Author: Asscher102
Neatfreak, when you say that the customer service of Signed Pieces can be ''spotty'' at times, what exactly does that mean? Thank you!

It means that when I ordered my wedding ring they were very responsive until they got my $ and then nothing. And I hardly asked any questions at all because it wasn''t a custom piece, so I would just be hesitant to work with them on custom personally.

csullivan13

Rough_Rock
Hi A102,

Ok, I didn''t go through all your previous posts but have you gone to a bunch of stores and tried on all the types of rings you''ve thought were your dream ring? I''ve found pricescope to be extremely valuable for information on diamond quality but it''s easy to fall in love with everyone''s ring on here and start changing your mind everyday sometimes several times a day. Let''s face it, these are generally high quality stones chosen by well researched folks who obviously have pretty great taste. Just browsing some of your posts recently, I get the feeling you need to go try on every style and determine what''s going to be most comfortable and suits your lifestyle best. I started my research thinking I wanted a Harry Winston cushion with baguettes and I think I may have purchased the exact opposite of that ring but I love it and it suits me perfectly. Good luck and go try some rings on immediately
2.gif
!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, those rings are beautiful; I love the one with the yellow diamond and pear as side stone! Gorgeous!

LDubs

Shiny_Rock
my friend just bought his gf one, down in the DD. I don''t have the contact information, but here''s a link to more information and pics on the ring:
Pear 3-stone Thread

pearringflower1.JPG

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ldubs - did your friends propose with that gorgeous pear - any hand pics??????????????????????

LDubs

Shiny_Rock
Motown -

I haven''t heard if he proposed yet, he was supposed to back in mid-August - but I don''t hear from him that often. He won''t be the type of guy to take pics though, I know that...

While I do have hand pics, they''re of my hand (gasp!) and I''m not sure if it''s socially correct around here to post them - since at the time, I only had his permission (I know some girls around here may get upset if another girl tried on her ring before she did)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2008 12:10:25 PM
Author: LDubs
my friend just bought his gf one, down in the DD. I don''t have the contact information, but here''s a link to more information and pics on the ring:
Pear 3-stone Thread

pearringflower1.JPG
That is gorgeous! Here is my mom''s pear 3 stone ring. It was custom made by J.R. Dunn jewelers in Boca Raton, FLorida.
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results