shape
carat
color
clarity

Three stone girls with one carat or less center stones?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies, do any of you have a three stone engagement ring with around a one carat (or smaller) for the center stone? I've seen lots of huge three stone rings on PS, but I don't recall many with one carat center stones. I am thinking about a reset for my one carat, and I would love to see yours so I can get an idea of what it might look like. Would a three stone with .30 /1.00/ .30 provide a nice amount of finger coverage? Thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Laila! My e-ring is a .70ct with .37 and .35 side stones, and for my size 5.5 finger I love the coverage it gives! A 1ct centre would be delish :lickout:

YGThread 003.jpg

EringByBirdCage01.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it love it love it, Andi! It's gorgeous, and I really like the 6 prongs too.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have one similar in size to DandiAndi's. Mine is a .78ct center and .41 and .42ct side stones. 3.75 finger size.

ringcar.jpg

Rubysetnoflash.jpg

Trinityset.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoganSapph, that is stunning! Lots of finger coverage! I'm so jealous of you ladies with tiny fingers. :rodent:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
One drp used to have one too!

My favourite proportions are either .25 - 1.00 - .25 OR .50 - 1.00 - .50

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do!! It's not my e-ring, but a RHR I have. It's a three stone halo setting. The center is .74 ct and the sides are .25 a piece. My finger is a size 7, for reference. I think it gives awesome, blingy coverage...sometimes I feel like it does moreso than my 1.5 carat center e-ring. :)

ja.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
thats packing a wolup of bling, ihy138!!! Sparkly at its finest!! (is that really how you spell "wolup"?? as in - WHACK O' SPARKLE?)

usnwife

Rough_Rock
I have a RHR with 35-80-35. It is plenty of bling for my middle finger, size 7.5.

361.JPG

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is a bit smaller but I really love the proportions -0.15-0.65-0.15 on a size 5.25

IMG_2038.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1328405878|3119257 said:
I have one similar in size to DandiAndi's. Mine is a .78ct center and .41 and .42ct side stones. 3.75 finger size.

I love how it looks paired with the diamond and gemstone bands :)

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1328417258|3119372 said:
thats packing a wolup of bling, ihy138!!! Sparkly at its finest!! (is that really how you spell "wolup"?? as in - WHACK O' SPARKLE?)

:lol: I laughed so hard when I read this! Thank you!!! I considered selling/dismantling it for a while...but I can't bear it.

Gorgeous rings, ladies!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
ihy138|1328453041|3119492 said:
Enerchi|1328417258|3119372 said:

:lol: I laughed so hard when I read this! Thank you!!! I considered selling/dismantling it for a while...but I can't bear it.

Gorgeous rings, ladies!

:lol: :D :lol: Glad I could make you laugh!!! Don't take that baby apart - its AMAZING!! I love it! (Maybe wollup has 2 "l's"? or is it with an "h"? wholup?? Nope - both get red lines. I guess I got it right before... who knew? )

Anyway, your ring is a stunner :halo:

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
For reference I am a size 5, the center stone is .75, side stones are .25

Sometimes I want a plain large solitaire, but my three stone sure gives some finger coverage anyway!

withoriginalweddingband.jpg

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Here's mine...I believe the center stone is around .75, and .5 for the sides. I know these are not the finest diamonds, but they are very special to me as they are from my mother's wedding ring. Size 6 on some sausagy fingers.

098.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okie_girl|1328459020|3119540 said:
Here's mine...I believe the center stone is around .75, and .5 for the sides. I know these are not the finest diamonds, but they are very special to me as they are from my mother's wedding ring. Size 6 on some sausagy fingers.

Okie girl, that's a beautiful and very meaningful ring!! And the setting caught my eye, I love the small bezels holding the side stones, that looks really pretty.

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Mine has a .98 ct center stone with .20 ct on each side. My ring also has Micro-pave all the way around. My ring size is 5.75 and I feel it gives a lot of finger coverage.

handshot2.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are all so gorgeous, ladies!! Drooling over here!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, junebug, it's very special to me! Here's a profile shot of the setting. It's just a stock setting my local jeweler got for me, but I do think it's very pretty.

056.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love three stones, it really is my favourite style for an engagement style ring, hands down.

Layla, what are you wearing as an e-ring, or will you be wearing? Would this be for an alternative e-ring or a RHR?

In my heart I know I want a three stone for my OEC, but I worry it looks too similar to my Aurora.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1328472807|3119655 said:
I just love three stones, it really is my favourite style for an engagement style ring, hands down.

Layla, what are you wearing as an e-ring, or will you be wearing? Would this be for an alternative e-ring or a RHR?

In my heart I know I want a three stone for my OEC, but I worry it looks too similar to my Aurora.

I just wear a band right now, because I sold my upgrade stone and my 1 carat FIC Leo is unset. I've been through so many settings and none of them are right. I'm pondering a halo, a simple Tiff replica worn with a huge, blingy diamond band, or a three stone. I used to not like three stones because I think they sometimes look like one big blob of sparkle, but now I like that look and I think the finger coverage is amazing!! But I keep wavering and changing my mind with all the options. I don't care about size so much anymore, I just want a blingy look.

I love the setting your OEC is in now, Dreamer! Do you think you'll reset?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1328454365|3119497 said:
:lol: :D :lol: Glad I could make you laugh!!! Don't take that baby apart - its AMAZING!! I love it! (Maybe wollup has 2 "l's"? or is it with an "h"? wholup?? Nope - both get red lines. I guess I got it right before... who knew? )

Anyway, your ring is a stunner :halo:

:lol: :lol: I thought it would be two L's as well! Who knew?! Thank you so much for the compliments! I do get taken aback by it, still!

Dreamer_D said:

Are you thinking with two smaller OEC's? I think that would be soooo lovely. :love:

ETA: Laila, I didn't mean to threadjack! Can you post pictures of the lovely three stone you have in your avatar?

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get yourself a five stone ring, Layla, either with new stones or setting your current Leo into a five stone (but you would need matching cuts, not?). That is blingy. And you haven't had a ring like that before. I feel like you done the halo and solitaire thing and it didn't float your boat!

My OEC setting is meant to be temp. I like it in many ways, but not in others. It is not a well crafter piece. Maybe I will leave it as it is. Who knows! LOL! I inteded to make a ring for my fifth anniversary to represent my husband and two boys, thus a three stone, but I'm not totally sure. We'll see!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are two pics of my engagement ring from WF (.92 RB with .15 pear sides. I think I posted that they're .20 each a while back but I was wrong. Oops!)

First up, my favorite pic that Alj took a few years ago. The second one is one I took of both rings today.

Alj's picture of my ring.jpg

160.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting all your gorgeous rings, ladies! I love them all.

Bumping for anyone else...

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Laila: Here's my old set with a .83ct center and .25ct each sides...

awa35.jpg

When I was contemplating setting my stone into a 3-stone setting a searched PS furiously for pics with less than 1 ct. centers also and there were very few of them. Logan Sapphire's and Diamond Dana's rings were my inspirations.

BTW- Thanks for the ring shout out DD!

ETA: stone specs.

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
If there were a thread that make me sway towards a three stone configuration, this would be it. Very helpful...and persuasive, I should add! Please keep them coming!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results