shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this e-ring & wedding band combo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
So, I''m 95% certain that I will be getting one of the two solitaires below. I had originally wanted to have WF make me a replica of the Tiffany Jazz, and am still leaning that way, but I stumbled across this ArtCarved band and am intrigued. Anyone think the combination might be too busy? Or a whole lot of fun?
3.gif
Sorry the picture quality on the band isn''t better!

dianacompare.JPG

artcarvedgdband.JPG

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it would be any more busy than what the jazz like band would be... I like it! Very unique!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it. I would wear them together
1.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are too different. The e-ring looks elegant and the band looks fun. I would get something more elegant and wear the band as a RHR.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the input all! Upon further reflection, I think that it''s a little too funky for the solitaires I have picked out. I think I''ll take Aprilbaby''s advice and save it for a RHR! Thanks for looking!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
LOL beau! I have a feeling I may end up with the Jazz replica yet. But look at what I just found! I think it would rock with the 6 prong!

galazyband.jpg

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
i like it! looks like a set that would be pretty with other bands, too. i am a big fan of stacking!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first band is pretty and would definitely make a lovely RHR.
The second band would pair up beautifully with the solitaire!

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
Hiya!

You know already I love this solitaire!!

And, I think this band you have seen would look beautiful alongside of it...a gorgeous combination...

36.gif

DianaClassicA.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 10:33:11 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
The first band is pretty and would definitely make a lovely RHR.
The second band would pair up beautifully with the solitaire!
That''s about where I''m headed!

pwendyp - Thank you so much for showing me the diana solitaire! I really think I''m going to end up with it.
1.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both bands, but really prefer the 2nd with the ER - yummy!

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
You are most welcome!

In truth, I am likely going to get the Diana set also, I just need to find a vendor to get it from. I adore it.

When I downloaded the picture, and clicked on the properties, it showed the image was taken on 27th September of last year...good Karma for me...it's my birthday!

I have a very lovely old mine diamond - and I don't think solitaires get much better than this one.

Do you have any sites, or information as to where might be the best place to get this set from (solitaire and plain band) - and have you had any quotes as yet for the solitaire mounting?

many thanks and warm regards

26.gif

Date: 9/10/2008 9:00:59 AM
Author: geckodani
pwendyp - Thank you so much for showing me the diana solitaire! I really think I'm going to end up with it.
1.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOOOOOOO!!!! I love the 2nd band. Much more classy for the ring!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 11:57:57 AM
Author: pwendyp

You are most welcome!

In truth, I am likely going to get the Diana set also, I just need to find a vendor to get it from. I adore it.

When I downloaded the picture, and clicked on the properties, it showed the image was taken on 27th September of last year...good Karma for me...it''s my birthday!

I have a very lovely old mine diamond - and I don''t think solitaires get much better than this one.

Do you have any sites, or information as to where might be the best place to get this set from (solitaire and plain band) - and have you had any quotes as yet for the solitaire mounting?

many thanks and warm regards

26.gif

Date: 9/10/2008 9:00:59 AM
pwendyp - Thank you so much for showing me the diana solitaire! I really think I''m going to end up with it.
1.gif
I clicked the "Find a Jeweler" link on the Diana site, and lo and behold it had the same name of the jeweler I was going to anyway.
1.gif
I was quoted (I think these are right!) $760 for the solitaire in WG, and $450 for Palladium.
9.gif
I wanted Palladium anyway, so I was pretty excited! I''m going tomorrow night to take a look at the samples they had sent to the jeweler.
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 1:57:30 PM
Author: AprilBaby
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Kinda what I''m thinking too.
1.gif
I have to start with a plain band and save up for the blingy one, but I''m okay with that, LOL!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2008 3:30:09 PM

Date: 9/10/2008 1:57:30 PM
Author: AprilBaby
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Kinda what I''m thinking too.
1.gif
I have to start with a plain band and save up for the blingy one, but I''m okay with that, LOL!
Totally agree!

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
TOO BUSY!?! NEVER! Very unique. It will get all the ooo''s and ahhh''s you can stand. Go for it!

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
Good prices!!

Thanks for letting me know those...

They really are not bad prices for a named make me thinks. That solitaire really does look so lovely - smooth...

Do let us know how it looks in real life, when you see it tomorrow.

Can''t wait to hear!

26.gif

Date: 9/10/2008 3:27:53 PM

I clicked the ''Find a Jeweler'' link on the Diana site, and lo and behold it had the same name of the jeweler I was going to anyway.
1.gif
I was quoted (I think these are right!) $760 for the solitaire in WG, and $450 for Palladium.
9.gif
I wanted Palladium anyway, so I was pretty excited! I''m going tomorrow night to take a look at the samples they had sent to the jeweler.
36.gif

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful and elegant!
emotion-19.gif

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Hey, I have that first band you posted in yellow gold ! I'm not sure if it's Art Carved, need to get a magnifying glass to look at the stamp LOL. It's actually what I using as my e-ring and I wore it with a plain band. I'm looking for a solitaire setting so if the one I picked doesn't go with it, mine will end up a RHR also ! I like both of the bands that you picked, it's fun to be unique

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 8:55:38 AM
Author: LBug75
Hey, I have that first band you posted in yellow gold ! I''m not sure if it''s Art Carved, need to get a magnifying glass to look at the stamp LOL. It''s actually what I using as my e-ring and I wore it with a plain band. I''m looking for a solitaire setting so if the one I picked doesn''t go with it, mine will end up a RHR also ! I like both of the bands that you picked, it''s fun to be unique
LBug -do you have pictures?
9.gif
I bet it looks awesome in real life!

pwendyp - I''ll definitely let you know how it goes!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Now I''m trying to decide between the 6 prong, which has a wider band (I like thin bands, but 6 prongs better..) or the double prong, with the thinner band. Meh. May I please have my cake and eat it too?
9.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m going to vote for the six prong. I just like the way it draws your eye around in a circle rather than double prongs on four corners. They are both very pretty and you probably can''t go wrong with either one. I guess the six prong is more classic and traditional in my eye!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all!

Okay, I totally forgot my camera like an idiot.
8.gif

If you have a diamond over 1 carat, I think you would be nuts not to get the 6 prong Diana if you''d been considering it. But for my .75... it was too much. The whole thing looks like a gorgeous flower, but the band was just too wide. They are checking to see if they can thin it out but.... It just wasn''t THE ONE. More on the story over in Colored Stones in the Rings in Waiting Thread. *sigh*

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
I forgot to add - the middle prong on the 6 prong Diana is split like a tulip.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
oh dani

I am so sorry this ring didn''t work out for you - I was so hopeful!

I just saw you posted about palladium v white gold also - seems it''s a tough call, and unless you''ve seen and felt all the different metals, it''s hard to make a choice?

I''ve seen palladium in my own mall stores here in the UK, but only wedding bands so far here. It looks beautiful, and people are right when they say it''s midway between platinum and rhodiumed gold. It has a high shine to it, which will of course patina down.

I have one platinum ring, and one 18k white gold ring, which is non rhodiumed. The platinum is platinum! The non plated white gold is gorgeous. It''s a plain band that was made to sit with another ring, but that ring is engraved, and looks shinier, so it didn''t work out...the plain band sits in my jewellery box now!. It feels like silk, and is a beautiful ''greyish'' colour. It looks very chic - classy.

I believe my favourite, and metal of choice is platinum or non plated 18k white.

To get the grey ish look, it needs to be alloyed with palladium, not nickel...I know Whiteflash do it, and I think DimendScaasi also will make in palladium alloy. Those are the only two I know of...anyone know of any more?

What about the new white gold that Stuller is using...the X1 alloy - they do a few of their solitaire in this metal I believe?

I feel the look of the grey tone metal really makes the ring look a little more...I just really don''t care for the high gloss of rhodium plating.

The new mount you have seen is gorgeous too...fingers crossed you find something soon!

26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results