shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on my BGD 5 stone CADs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
So Ever since my mother got her 5 stone ring from Brian Gavin Diamonds (Link to her thread) I have really wanted to reset my 5 stone. The craftsmanship of the ring is just beyone amazing. I love how the stones are set and the small prongs on the top really showcase the stones.
I didn''t like how my prongs made the top view very square looking. So I talked with Brian about a few different design idea but nothing seemed to be 100% what I wanted.

So......I decided to use my mom''s design but make it my own by rounding the shank. I am also considering putting maybe yellow melee in the bezels...maybe.....haven''t talked to Brian about that yet.

Thought I would post here to see if you guys had any other ideas.

BTW the whole shank is going to be rounded, including the inside edges, when the piece is done. They just couldn''t show that in the CAD.

Look forward to hearing your ideas!!

Brian_Gavin_Ring_KT_5_Stone.jpg

dh97

Shiny_Rock
I love this design. I like your rounded the shank idea. Can''t wait to see the finish ring.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
just one word: YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
18.gif

summertime

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks gorgeous!
30.gif
How neat that you and your mother will have similiar, but customized, designs. Can''t wait for more pics!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also think its going to be lovely. And sparkly!!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve no doubt the ring will be gorgeous - you could have just made a twin to your mother''s ring as I really liked the knife edge!

I''m going to be in the minority I guess and vote for white diamonds in the bezels as well. I just love the look with all white diamonds.

Are the changes just because you don''t want a ring exactly like your mother''s or is it because you prefer the changes you''ve chosen?

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks eveyone for your ideas so far. I love the idea of either yellow gold bezel with a yellow diamond of rose gold with a pink diamond.
I will have to check and see if either of those would be an option.

Here is a pic of my old 5 stone. You can see the squareish prongs that bugged me very easy in this pic. I am re-using these stones which are all J color ACA''s ranging from VVS-SI. They are 30-31 points each.

my5stonesphs.jpg

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 5:56:01 PM
Author: KtIceRN
Thanks eveyone for your ideas so far. I love the idea of either yellow gold bezel with a yellow diamond of rose gold with a pink diamond.
I will have to check and see if either of those would be an option.

Here is a pic of my old 5 stone. You can see the squareish prongs that bugged me very easy in this pic. I am re-using these stones which are all J color ACA''s ranging from VVS-SI. They are 30-31 points each.

LOVE (!) this idea!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 5:54:05 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I''ve no doubt the ring will be gorgeous - you could have just made a twin to your mother''s ring as I really liked the knife edge!

I''m going to be in the minority I guess and vote for white diamonds in the bezels as well. I just love the look with all white diamonds.

Are the changes just because you don''t want a ring exactly like your mother''s or is it because you prefer the changes you''ve chosen?
The changes are because I would prefer not to have the exact same ring as my mom and I am not a real big knife edge fan as well. I like rounded shanks on me much better.

I think I would be less open to the colored diamonds if this was my primary ring (like wedding band), but since it is a RHR I think it would be kinda fun.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi KT,

The original ring is gorgeous, but if it would make you happy, by all means do it!

Also love your Mom''s band too. Just stunning!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the design of your Mom''s ring and think its so cool that you will have something like it but with your
own style...I would love that for me and my Mom but she is just not that into diamonds (she thinks she has
enough!) I dont really have any input to your ring but I''m sure it will be gorgeous if BG is doing it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2009 5:59:24 PM

Date: 6/18/2009 5:54:05 PM
Author: MissGotRocks

The changes are because I would prefer not to have the exact same ring as my mom and I am not a real big knife edge fan as well. I like rounded shanks on me much better.

I think I would be less open to the colored diamonds if this was my primary ring (like wedding band), but since it is a RHR I think it would be kinda fun.
Kt, since you''re open to tweaking the design and spicing it up a bit (because it''s a RHR) my vote goes to pink diamonds in little rose gold bezels. I LOVE pink melees!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought I would share these cool pics Lesley sent me.

BGD has mom''s ring as it had to go back to be fixed. She got it caught in a metal door and squeezed the shank and made it out of round. So while it was there they took a pic of the two rings together!! Obviously mine is just a rough cast and the shank is not rounded yet but it is so cool to see them together.

I am still waiting to hear about the colored stone idea. I decided against the pink diamonds. They would just be way too expensive, even in stones that small, to get the really nice pink color I would want. I am leaning either towards the yellow diamonds or just sticking with regular melee. I will find out the cost of the yellows tonight and make a decision from there. I''ll keep you posted.

BrianGavin-Shank-Compare1.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Very fun! And I can''t believe I''m about to say this, but I''d go for the yellow! Something about that just appeals to me.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m hoping for the yellow too. Gonna be stunning when done.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
ohhh I can''t wait to see this ring. it''s going to be a SHOW STOPPER!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I am getting the two melee stones in fancy intense yellow........with yellow gold bezels!

I am so excited! The stones will be in tomorrow so maybe I will have some pics to share. The cost was very reasonable and I am so happy with this choice. I think this will really make the ring my own yet similar to moms. This has been a great bonding experience for us.

I believe I may even get some mother and daughter pics if her ring is still there when mine is finished!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is going to be gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
, I can''t wait to see your finished ring.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have such great ideas, and can''t wait for this ring to be completed in all it''s glory. I am loving the fancy yellow suprise stones that are vivid, and will be in yellow gold. They will pop!! What a nice touch they will add. I am so excited to see this ring once it''s finished. You always have the best projects. xx

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 11:24:36 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I am getting the two melee stones in fancy intense yellow........with yellow gold bezels!

I am so excited! The stones will be in tomorrow so maybe I will have some pics to share. The cost was very reasonable and I am so happy with this choice. I think this will really make the ring my own yet similar to moms. This has been a great bonding experience for us.

I believe I may even get some mother and daughter pics if her ring is still there when mine is finished!!
Fantastic!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Cool! I love how similar your ring will be to your mom''s, yet some distinct features that make it YOURS. It will be gorgeous...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results