shape
carat
color
clarity

They''re Here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
The 2 diamonds I purchased last week have arrived today! I have tried my hardest to get good pictures but my camera really is terrible at macro. I''ll post the pictures from the seller first and then I''ll try to find a couple of good shots of my own to post. They are both beautiful!

Here are the stats:

#1-
.23 carat Old European Cut
J color
SI2 clarity
4.05 x 4.1 x 2.23mm
It has a tiny chip on the edge and that actually drew me to this diamond even more I think. I love that it has character
3.gif

#2-
.15 carat Round Cut
M color
SI2 clarity
3.40mm

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Here is the Old Euro Cut...

23pointerEuro.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Wow sorry about the size... here is the .15 Round.

15pointer.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I had plans to save these for my mixed shape/color dbty necklace I''d like to make much later on... but now I kind of want to make something for my mom. Not sure though.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! this is exciting!!!!!! What will you do with them??
31.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone, can''t wait to see how you set it!!!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful!!!

Loose diamonds are so much fun!!

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to finding out what you will be doing with them!
9.gif

Cachette
1.gif

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
What great finds! Can''t wait to see what you do with them
31.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
How fun! I love projects!!! What are you thinking of doing for your mom?

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
oooh!! congrats!!! you bought from a good seller toooo!
36.gif

I got a few things from him- super guy
cant wait to see what you do!
1.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! Will make a FUN PROJECT i''M SURE!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the compliments everyone! I purchased them from a reputable seller on Ebay... they were pretty inexpensive so I''m very pleased with the price and quality. I am watching a few more of his auctions right now so I am reluctant to post his name in case someone bids on the same items. I know... I''m a terrible person.

I have a couple of ideas for my mom... one is to make a pendant for her. Another idea is giving it to my dad to make a new e-ring for her. Her original ring was a cluster style and the prongs wore off one by one leaving just the center stone and a couple from the cluster. She took off the cluster and wore it as a solitaire for years until a jeweler told her she was about to lose that diamond also. My dad ended up purchasing a different set for her secondhand so she would have something to wear. It''s pretty bad quality though. He''s looked into getting her a new ring and maybe he''ll be interested if I tell him I have a loose diamond laying around.

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
I am a novice here so maybe it is a stupid question. But isn''t a chip in a diamond a bad thing?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 10:46:31 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Thanks for the compliments everyone! I purchased them from a reputable seller on Ebay... they were pretty inexpensive so I''m very pleased with the price and quality. I am watching a few more of his auctions right now so I am reluctant to post his name in case someone bids on the same items. I know... I''m a terrible person.
ah, you are terrible. I was pretty sure, from recollection, that you purchased from eBay! lol Even if you did post the seller, though, I wouldn''t be bidding since I don''t wear most of what I have
1.gif

Good luck with the new auctions. Hope you get more great deals.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That OEC looks extremely familiar, right down to the little chip...I think I was considering bidding on the same diamond! Great minds! Enjoy your lovely stones.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 10:57:02 PM
Author: ladymentha
I am a novice here so maybe it is a stupid question. But isn''t a chip in a diamond a bad thing?

It isn''t a good thing... but looking at the diamond normally(not magnified like the picture) I really don''t even notice it unless I search. I plan to bezel it anyway (unless I use it for my mom) so the chip will be covered. I like the chip though... I could pick my diamond out of a crowd!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 10:57:02 PM
Author: ladymentha

Yes. But in old stones it''s a character thing for some people. It can be buffed out easily enough usually, it''s not the end of the world as long as the stone is priced right!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 11:00:54 PM
Author: MC

Date: 10/20/2008 10:46:31 PM
Author: oobiecoo
ah, you are terrible. I was pretty sure, from recollection, that you purchased from eBay! lol Even if you did post the seller, though, I wouldn''t be bidding since I don''t wear most of what I have
1.gif

Good luck with the new auctions. Hope you get more great deals.
Thanks! I''m mostly worried about lurkers... I''ll post his name after this next "batch" of auctions ends though in about a week. He posts new ones often so there will still be great deals available when I reveal his name.

Jstar- Thanks! There were many bids on the OEC... I''m sure I was competing against at least a couple other pricescopers!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thats nice of you To Offer a stone to you Dad for your mom.
1.gif

Yeah---- it might not be a good idea to post him.
I''m allways watch his stuff too
31.gif
-- I bought 4 or 5 things last year. and a few things this year
11.gif

All old cuts
1.gif

I hope we get to see pics of the final products!
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamonds! What fun purchases! I can''t wait to get my hands on some older cuts too!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
How cool! I''ve had an eye on that seller''s stuff on and off for years but never won. How do they look in person? The photos always seemed very realistic to me. How exciting!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Fun!! I''ve been on the hunt for some loose OEC''s.....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 9:07:05 AM
Author: mercoledi
How cool! I''ve had an eye on that seller''s stuff on and off for years but never won. How do they look in person? The photos always seemed very realistic to me. How exciting!!

I think he does a very good job overall of describing and photographing. The one thing that''s hard is that because his pictures are SO magnified it takes a little perspective to imagine how big that little stone really is in person!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, how fun! I am so excited for this necklace, it will be one of a kind!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Alrighty guys, i wanted to go ahead and post the ebay seller that i purchased these from. The name os MLOPros... obviously alot of you know already because he is talked about on here once in a while. He was very accurate in his descriptions of the stones and shipped them extremely fast. I definitely recommend him!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results