shape
carat
color
clarity

The Work Paid Off

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merg

Rough_Rock
Some of you may have read my other post questioning where to propose, Chicago or Philly: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/proposing-this-weekend-need-contingency-plan-assistance-please.8361/

Turns out Philly was the place to do it...

First of all she didn''t even know I was shopping. I had here thinking March at the earliest. I received the ring in the mail on Friday Oct. 31. (Purchased from Sydney Rosen, Jewelers Row, Philadelphia. SydneyRosen.com) Saturday morning I went over to her house and spoke to her dad before she woke up. He approved. I woke her up and we went hiking. (ring stuffed inside a sock in my back pack.) She actually carried the ring half the day and didn''t know it. On top of the mountain (Hawk Mountain Pocono''s) I proposed. She said yes. OXOXOXOX... We floated down the mountain and drove till we got cell phone reception and started calling everyone. It''s been a wonderful two weeks. We''re planning the wedding for April 4th, 2004, and trying to stay calm.

So what ever happened to Chicago? Well, I had told her everything I had gone through in getting the ring including the alternate proposal ideas I had come up with. While we were in Chicago she asked if we could get another ring and have a "fake" second proposal. I had originally wanted to propose on the Farris Wheel on Navy Pier. So at the top of the wheel I got down on one knee inside the car and re-proposed. We kissed and then I noticed the people in the car ahead of us snickering and laughing. I yelled something about how this was a special moment and that I had just proposed. It turned out to be a funny experience. Later she said she was glad the real proposal happened on the mountain. It made for a really funny stories though.

Thanks for all the tips posted on this board. They were invaluable in my search. I can agree whole heartedly with the "Emotional Stages of Buying a Ring" post: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-stages-of-the-emotional-journey-to-buy-an-egagement-ring.4489/

Oh and I almost forgot... here is a picture.

~andrew

ring1a.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The pics a bit dark, but even so, you can see that its a sparkler! Congratulations!
appl.gif

Now step aside, & let the lady plan! LOL You guys dont have a lot of time.
2.gif

Judy
:)

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
andrew -
First and most importantly - congrats! - they were great stories - both of them...as for the ring - it's beautiful. What are the specs? - is that 3 stones on either side? -very nice. I am looking to make something similar and have yet to see one - where did you find the setting?

Again - Best wishes
Icelovr

merg

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 11/18/2003 6:11:20 PM icelovr wrote:

andrew -
First and most importantly - congrats! - they were great stories - both of them...as for the ring - it's beautiful. What are the specs? - is that 3 stones on either side? -very nice. I am looking to make something similar and have yet to see one - where did you find the setting?

Again - Best wishes
Icelovr----------------

Icelovr,

The center stone is a 0.70 ct. princess, VS-1, E, set in a platinum band with 6 g-h round cut side stones (3 per. side) totaling 0.21 cts. I got it from Sydney Rosen mentioned above.

Scott Kay had a similar band, only instead of strait side stones it went something like
..:X:..
two round stones in-line | two round stones side-by-side | Princess | repeat.

The two side-by-side stones created a trangle/trillion effect and helped blend the band into the center stone. It wasn't on scott kay's web site, but Bailey, Banks, & Biddle had it (in king of prussia, pa).

I was able to save over $2,000 grand by giving up the non-brand name and the two extra side stones.

ccuheartnurse,
The picture is dark because the box had black lining. Also, I took the picture with my digital video camera so I'm sure I could do better. A friend as a camera with a macro-lense (like taking pictures of dew drops, or scratches on a penny.) I'm going to try and borrow it and post some of the pics here.

~andrew

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow it's very beautiful! congratulations..and i love the darkness of the picture..i have caught a shot like that a time or two.
1.gif

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Wow. what a ring! I always love the way a good princess cut diamond looks!

Congratulations!

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
There's nothing I like better than a sparkly princess!
Beautiful!
Try to post more pics soon!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! Pretty, pretty, pretty ... oh, and did I mention that I think the ring is really very pretty (hee hee)?

Congratulations!! You just HAVE to post more pics, but I wish you luck trying to get her to take that ring off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results