shape
carat
color
clarity

The story of a custom Maytal Hannah Ring ! w/ pictures

drsboston

Rough_Rock
Hello
I want to share my ring story with you all.

So my wife and I were married almost eight years ago.
At the time we spent a lot of time looking for nice unique bands, one of our stops was at an estate jewelry store outside of Boston. They had a very cool antique band that was shaped like a vine, with diamonds in the leaves. My wife fell in love with this band but unfortunately at the time we didn't have the budget for anything beyond simple plain bands.

As the years went on we went back to the store but they had sold the band. Every time we went to a new city or saw a new jewelry store my wife would stop in to see if they had a band like that but she never found anything like it.

Fast forward seven wonderful years later. I wanted to do something special for our anniversary and get her that band of her dreams. I started my search at the place they sold it hoping they would have a picture, no such luck. So going off of my memory I looked around online and in local estate jewelry stores, no luck. My next though was to get a custom ring made. That is where this site helped.

I read of peoples’ experiences with custom jewelers and it seemed like the consensus was for a custom platinum ring Leon Mege, or Maytal Hannah were two great choices. I contacted both first via email and then on a call and Maytal seemed to have a better idea about what I was looking for.

It took several weeks to get the design set as I wanted this to be as perfect as it could be (based on my seven year old recollection of a ring I saw for 10 minutes :wink2: )

Below are some of the drawings Maytal provided during the design process.

Maytal was very patient with the back and forth of the design, once we had a general look settled upon I gave her free reign to fill in all the details.
The next tricky part was getting the ring, as I live in Boston and the ring would be in LA. It just so happens I had to take a business trip to LA right around the anniversary, I suggested my wife fly out so we could have a mini-vacation that weekend.

Maytal was kind enough to meet me during a Saturday morning to deliver the ring, I was amazed with the results she created a real masterpiece, one of a kind. I loved it. I had planned on giving my wife the ring at dinner that night but I was so excited I had to give it to her when I picked her up at the airport. When I gave her the box she suspected it was a new wedding band and was nervous that it wouldn’t be the dream ring she was looking for, but Maytal had created that perfect ring and my wife fell in love with it.

I hope you enjoy it as well.

The pictures don't really do justice to the amazing detail she put into the piece.

Let me know if you have any questions

PS: The ring took care of all anniversary/birthday/Christmas gift requirements for the next few years .

ring2.jpg

Untitled_01111.jpg

mytal2.JPG

maytal_draw.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful! And such a wonderful story - congratulations!

Do you have any hand shots? :naughty:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what a sweet husband you are, wonderful story and beautiful ring, congrats on the anniversary.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful ring! And, such a charming story about how the ring came to be. :))

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
just what an awesome story and beautiful ring. I have little hearts in my eyes :love: :love: :love: :love:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and what a great surprise for your wife!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
You're such a sweet husband!!!!! The ring is absolutely beautiful.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful, loving story to tell! The ring turned out beautifully! I am looking forward to the hand shots.

libramom

Shiny_Rock
Your wifes ring is beautiful, and what a sweet story!!! It sounds like you definately put alot of thought into the design and planning....

Maytal is very nice I hope to work with her in the near future =)

LM

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was really exceptionally sweet of you! Maytal is one of the best...great choice! The ring is beautiful! :appl:

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
You are such a wonderful husband! May you both have enjoy a lifetime of happiness! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
That is such a lovely story and beautiful ring!

Hope there will be more pictures coming!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!! (Is Maytal okay with you posting her original ideas on the internet?)

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring design! Can't wait to see handshots. Such a sweet story.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Wondeful thoughtful gift, she'll love it.

Po
x

legra

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is beautiful! It was very sweet of you to work so hard at creating a custom version of the band your wife loves and has been dreaming about. She must be thrilled. Congrats to the both of you on 8 years. :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, how touching! What a lovely ring and story! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results