shape
carat
color
clarity

The ring of my dreams

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Well, here it is, finally. The long quest is (nearly) over. The stone is discussed here. To spare you the work, the specs are:

0.79 D SI1 (eye clean from all sides) from Blue Nile
Unbranded H&A
6.0X6.03X3.64
depth 60.6%
table 57.1%
crown 34.7 deg, 14.8%
pavilion 40.6 deg, 42.8%
girdle thin
medium blue fluorescence
GIA X/X, AGS0 proportions, HCA 0.8, AGA cut 1A

The setting (tension set) is the Venus by Bruce Boone at boonerings.com, in titanium, with a comfort band and satin finish. Engraved for fun with "The Precious."

Let me just say that Bruce has been great to work with, and the ring turned out beautiful. He received my stone on a Friday, and shipped the completed ring to me on Monday. His responsiveness and turnaround are excellent. I recommend him most highly! It's on its way back to him for a minor adjustment of the stone -something that I'm sure would be invisible to anyone but the freak that I am, and that he immediately and without hesitation promised to fix the moment I pointed it out. It was really tough to part with it, so to help ease my separation anxiety, I thought I'd post some pics
1.gif
I'll call the quest truly over when my ring is happily back on my finger!

BBringcollage1.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Q, Q, Q! It's absolutely stunning.
Wow. Too bad it needed a tune up.
Hey-did you take those Pics?

If so, come on down and show me how.

Just lovely

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Q, that is one stunning ring! we will just need the full body shot of you when you get the ring back and get your pendant done
1.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double Ds as they say ... Two D colorless diamonds posted in one evening. I am blinded
love.gif
They just knock your socks off.
Absolutely beautiful. What else can we say, it doesn't get any better than this.
appl.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
And a few of the requisite hand shots... This is a right hand ring, so it's a tad big on my left hand, but boy is it hard to take left-handed pics! The ring is a size 5.

BBhandshot1.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Q, your hands are exquisite! Hand model here.

Really-what size is the ring???
I love Boone's stuff. I was thinking about getting hubby something. (I don't know why!)

That ring looks incredible on you. I can see why you didn't want to see it go.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is so cool Q!
appl.gif
I always thought those tension settings were so neat. I nominate you the official consumer photographer at Pricescope! (P.S. I don't have any pull here though)

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
PHEW!!! Last one... I worked up a sweat posting all those!!! (panting)

BBhandshot4.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful Q. Worth the wait.
Thanks for posting. We don't mind if you have more pics, really.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/25/2004 12:29:45 AM sevens one wrote:

OMG, Q, Q, Q! It's absolutely stunning.
Wow. Too bad it needed a tune up.
Hey-did you take those Pics?

If so, come on down and show me how.

Just lovely----------------

Thanks Nan!!! I'm really really happy with it!
9.gif
And you have me blushing with your nice comments!

Yep, I took those pics. Photography is another of my passions... I keep trying to convince PSers to send me their stones to photograph, but nobody's biting!
11.gif
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think one of these could be the new avatar(for awhile-until the 8* is set!)

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kim and MrsFrk! I really miss it right now
cry.gif
. Good thing that EightStar arrived to keep me company!
2.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/25/2004 12:36:20 AM cflutist wrote:

Double Ds as they say ... Two D colorless diamonds posted in one evening. I am blinded
love.gif
They just knock your socks off.
Absolutely beautiful. What else can we say, it doesn't get any better than this.
appl.gif
----------------

LOL!!! I promise, these diamonds are the only double Ds around here!!!
2.gif

Thanks so much for your nice comment -it means a lot when someone with your impeccable taste says it!
1.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/25/2004 12:41:59 AM noobie wrote:

That ring is so cool Q!
appl.gif
I always thought those tension settings were so neat. I nominate you the official consumer photographer at Pricescope! (P.S. I don't have any pull here though)
----------------

Thanks noobie! And I accept the nomination happily (blush)!!!
9.gif

I've been trying to convince Wink to let me do the pictures for his new website... in exchange for, say, some DIAMONDS???
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Q
Jesus Christ !!! WOW, how lucky can one get ,first the 8* now this beautiful ring
eek.gif
love.gif
10.gif
..double congrat !!!

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Lovely ring!

But don't clap too much now... we all know what happened to Domen with the Niessing tension ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
appl.gif
Beautiful diamond, beautiful ring, beautiful pictures!
love.gif

Q, more pictures are always welcome. The whole package is so lovely that I don't mind ogling at more pictures of your lovely diamond ring. You've really got to share your photography tips with Wink and the rest of us here. The pictures are so clear and sharp yet able capture the fire within.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Holy mega white! WOW!!! A D!!!! That is spectacular!!!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Modern settings are so appealing. That brushed finish is very attractive. I hope it comes back to you very soon - it's gorgeous.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning! The colorlessness against that brushed grey of the metal is very appealing to me. Congratulations!
Luv

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i've never been a big fan of the tension set but WOW! your diamond is G*O*R*G*E*O*U*S!!! and the tension set showcases it like nothing else could!

WOW.

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Q It is JUST AMAZING. Don't you love it? I love my tension set and I get more compliments on it than I ever imagined I would.

I just have one thing to say... be careful wearing it the first week or so... you'll be walking down the street and the light will hit the side of it and cast rainbows all over the place and you'll just have to stop to admire it. And.. it's even worse when driving, I swear I nearly caused three major traffic jamming accidents in Chicago the first week I got mine.

Wear it in good health, it really is beautiful. Now if only I could get my damn digital working to post pics of mine. Stupid camera.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results