shape
carat
color
clarity

The Ring and the Proposal in front of 50,000 people!

OnlyOncePlease

Rough_Rock
Thought I would send off a quick email to share the news... I asked my girlfriend, Kate, to marry me... and well.... she said YES!

At the Blue Jays season's home opener (in front of 50,000 people) on Tuesday, April 2nd, my girlfriend and I were at the Jays game in a field-view hotel room inside the stadium watching the game... unbeknownst to her, I had my family and a few friends sitting in the stadium waiting for the surprise moment to happen. I'll describe the attached picture sequence;

The Sign: At the mid-way point of the 2nd inning, 2 of my strategically placed friends unraveled a massive 30 foot x 10 foot sign, which read "Kate, will you marry me?" (it's a little blurry in the picture as it was taken with a cell phone camera from 500ft away). The story behind my best friend and I making the sign is quite humorous, it took us about 50 hours to make and weighs about 60lbs. Each letter is cut out and sewn/glued on and measures 3 feet by 2 feet each.

Shot 1: Kate is sitting down, having just noticed and read the sign, she is in shock.

Shot 2: It's starting to sink in, she stands up with the classic hands to the face.

Shot 3: Now she's screaming with joy.

Shot 4: On bended knee asking for her hand in marriage.

Shot 5 and 6: She said.... YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

My family and friends that were at the game then joined us in the room for champagne and a celebration!

Sadly, the Jays lost the game, but I won in the end :)

Learned all I needed to know from Pricescope and Whiteflash was more than awesome!

the_sign.jpg

shot_1.jpg

shot_2.jpg

shot_3.jpg

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Even my husband who normally zones out when I am on Pricescope wanted to see the pics. Great job!! Congrats on your engagement! :appl: :appl: Well done sir. Well done.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sooooo cuuuutteeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it, and i usually hate the "jumbotron" sports proposals, but this one is is one million times cuter! I love it.

also, where are more pics of the ring?? :lol:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic proposal - and fantastic ring!! Congratulations!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:appl: Wonderful! Congratulations, and many years of happiness!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job, gorgeous ring! Congrats!!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Congrats!!! Beautiful ring too! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely proposal, great job, and beautiful ring!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Great effort on the engagment. Love the fact that the family were involved as well. They. too. are committed in some way to your journey together as a couple and as married couple. Great job with the ring.

You realise that you will have to post some photos of the ring on her finger! it is an absolute MUST!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! Lovely pictures, but yes - hand shots please :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Super cool!!! what a great proposal and so happy she said yes (kind of embarassing if it went the other way, n'est pas?? lol!! ;)) )

Beautiful ring!!! Well done on the selection of settings and diamond :appl: :appl: Hoping you'll share some hand shots with us! Congrats to you and Kate!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a terrific proposal! Love all the work and effort you put into it and obviously it paid in spades!

Congrats to you both - the ring is gorgeous!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
What an awesome proposal - well done! :appl:

I'm not a Jays fans (I know, bad GTA person that I am) but this story was great!

Beautiful ring too! ;))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwww! Congrats! Great job and I love the creativity and effort.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
OMG if I ever had a public proposal like that, I would LOVE for it to be during a baseball game - except at Fenway Park! You did a GREAT JOB! The pics are fantastic and priceless. The ring is amazing too! Congratulations!

jillts

Rough_Rock
I have been a lurker until now but just wanted to say that your story melted my heart! A little hard to make out but you both are adorable and the ring is stunning! I know she will wear it well and I'm sure you are still high off this monumental occasion. Now be sure you both enjoy the planning process. I went into total planning withdrawl when it was over and five years later I am still obsessed with my (oops, "our") wedding.

Congrats!!!! :appl:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Amazing proposal and amazing ring! Well done! :love: :love: :love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Terrific proposal and ring! Congratulations! :appl:

(2X3 foot letters? each SEWN ON ????? That's devotion!)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
adorable! Congrats!!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Ok, now I have goose bumps...how cool are you? lucky girl...thanks for sharing...congrats!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
You just got so many points in my book for that kinda of proposal!! Just wonderful and beautiful ring! Congratulations on your engagement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results