shape
carat
color
clarity

The Re-Set is Done! White Flash Does it Again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OK... as most of you know, I have been in the process of a re-set for my beautiful AGS-000, H&A, 1.53 G/VS2 stone. I chose WF for the custom setting because I am absolutely enamored with their ACA melee stones.

With Mara as my mentor
2.gif
, I chose a shared-prong, semi-eternity style in platinum. The w-ring has nine 5-pointers. The e-ring has eight 3-pointers. These rings are so gorgeous,
30.gif
and really showcase my center stone (which the old setting did NOT do). I couldn't be happier.

WF is so excellent to work with. Lesley is a saint. If I had one question, I easily had 1,000... and she was unfailingly patient and understanding. And the craftsmanship of these rings is exquisite. I LOVE them!

Lynn

PS Photos taken with my inexpensive Kodak Easy Share camera and a MAGNIFYING GLASS!!! It's the best I can do! These photos do not do these rings justice.

This first photo was taken by WF of the w-ring.

Both rings size 4.75.

LBRANDT 1.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
The e-ring, and both rings together.

lynn ring 2.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Both together...

lynn ring yay!.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn it looks fabulous of course!! LOVE that last picture!!

Congratulations! the rock looks huge on that setting! What is the mm width of the rings?

Hand pix!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
there BETTER be a hand shot coming up!!!
2.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW
30.gif
30.gif

Just absolutely beautiful. Enjoy.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my, your set is awesome!!! Hand pics pleeeeaaaase!!
36.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
G O R G E O U S !!!!!

I want a band just like that one!!!!! Congratulations - great job by WF!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got several more photos... just having some trouble! (Plus dear daughter just HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD to have the computer, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous re-set. I''m breathless! Looking forward to hand shots so I can drool some more...
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH DRATS! I am working hard over here, and can''t get ANY of the photos I have taken uploaded. Only WFs work. ???? I''ll keep trying. But I may have to wait for DH or DS to help. But I have ALL KIND of hand shots!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
lynn, make sure you name the pics something unique...that should get them to load!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
32.gif

MORE!

Lynn, you can always send them to me and I can post.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhhhh, wonderful! Hand pics when you can manage please....

cheers--Sharon

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn,
Those rings are just amazing. Jaw droppingly gorgeous!
30.gif
I love how the arrows are prominent from straight on. Do they just blind you in sunlight or what? :)

I can''t stop gushing.. they are fabulous!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Lynn, the new e-ring is GORGEOUS and it looks great with your 5 pointer wedding band!

I must have missed the thread where you decided to change your setting. Why did you decide to not stay with your new wide setting? What did you do with it? I think I''d have put a CZ in it...I loved it! Of course, I don''t know why you changed it so maybe there was something wrong with it?

Either way, I think your new set is beautiful!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Patty, I am embarrassed to admit this, but I just got tired of the older, wide mounting. Isn't that awful?! I bought it brand new, and only had it for 9 months, and now it is sitting empty and forlorn. I don't have a thing to do with it, except try to sell it, I guess?!

I used to love (or THOUGHT I loved!) wide, chunky rings. But PS has sure converted me! These shared-prong semi-eternity and eternity bands just send me! And when I found out about WF's gorgeous, eensy beensy, PERFECT ACA melees, well... I just couldn't resist.

BTW, I cannot get any more photos uploaded.
14.gif
I will send some to Mara and see if she has any better success!

Lynn

PS Edited to add: The most interesting part of this whole project (ORDEAL!) is this... my 1.53 stone looks so big and glorious to me now. I wouldn't want to be HELD TO IT, of course
2.gif
but I think I just may not ever need an UPGRADE??!! Canyoubelieveit?! All this time I think it was the semi-mount that I was somehow disappointed in... NOT THE SIZE OF MY DIAMOND! And to think I almost upgraded to that 1.68... gosh, I almost threw the baby out with the bath water!!!
6.gif
I truly LOVE my gorgeous stone - and have a brand new appreciation for it.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let''s see if this works...

The rings are FABULOUS. My favorites here are the first picture of the rings laying on the table (I did this too and it''s sooo cool) and the last one where Lynn looks SO HAPPY with her amazing bling on.

36.gif

lynn collage final.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and what is the mm width of the rings? I''m very curious! :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and here is one more that I could not fit in the collage for size...but it''s a GREAT shot of how big the e-ring looks...I love how in various lighting and/or angles stones can look bigger or smaller! Chameleons!

lynn final hand.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Lynn, I''m thrilled that you are so happy now!

Sometimes you have to really figure out what exactly it is that is bothering you. I love my .95 stone in my wide wedding ring but I recently have found myself fantasizing about upgrading it. And every time I upgraded it in my head, I put the new stone in the 6 pronged solstice head without the surprise stones. I finally realized that what was bothering me was my setting head. I SO wanted to like the surprise stones and thought I really wanted 4 prongs, but they just are not ME. So I''m changing that and I hope that I will then be thrilled with the ring again. Sometimes an upgrade is NOT what we need.

I still think that you should put a CZ in your other mounting though. I love it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, more pics!! Lynn you look sooo happy with your new rings, and wow does your center stone look huge. I don''t know what your first set looked like but this is in a word FABULOUS!! Enjoy!!
36.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Lynn,

Those are gorgeous rings!! They look great together. Of course, I''m biased since mine are almost identical. Actually, we have twin diamonds. Mine is also an AGS 000, 1.53, G, VS2. Just out of curiosity, what are the mm measurements on your stone? Although, unlike you, I still think I want an upgrade. Maybe you can convince me otherwise
1.gif
Anyway, congrats on a your new rings!!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Lynn it looks beautiful.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Mara,
Oh, yay! I am sooo excited! THANK YOU for posting the pictures! xoxoxo! How did you do that?!!!!

To answer your question... gee, I don't really know how wide these rings are. Lesley never told me! If I were to guess, I'd say the w-ring is probably about 2.5 mm and the e-ring just a tad over 2mm??? But this is really a guess. Would Lesley still know if I asked her, do you think? Or how could I measure for sure?

So thanks, everyone, for your wonderful and kind words! It is sooo much fun to be able to share this with you all, and I am soooo excited and happy with these rings that I can barely express myself.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

xoxoxo!
Lynn

PS My photo-taking skills are not my strongest suit... and while my hands are not my BEST feature
2.gif
- they are not quite so short and stubby as they appear in the photos!!!!
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Demelza,
Here are the specs of my center stone:

Round Brilliant, H & A 1.530 cts.
Measurements: 7.49 x 7.51 x 4.55
CUT GRADE: AGS Ideal 0
Polish/Symmetry/Proportions: All Ideal
COLOR GRADE: G
CLARITY GRADE: VS-2
Flourescence: Negligible
TABLE: 56
DEPTH: 60.7
CROWN HEIGHT: 15.3
CROWN ANGLE: 34.8
PAVILION DEPTH: 43.2
PAVILION ANGLE: 40.9
GIRDLE: 0.7 - 0.9
CULET: Pointed
HCA SCORE: 1.6 (EX/VG/VG/VG)
AGA: 1-A
ISEE2 score: 9.8

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results