• French cuts

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • Solitaire get's company

Votes: 11 10.9%

• Total voters

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In December we will look back at an energetic jewelry year. 2014 has been a year in which people expressed their unique personalities in personalized jewelry. We have seen an uprise in colored stones! Blue and pad sapphires are the 'diamonds' of 2014: unique and rare. Halo's are going strong, but next to the classic micropave type we also see new shapes and forms, like the fresh halo's as introduced by Caysie. Not surprisingly, vintage is going strong both in old cuts as well as in vintage settings.
We see more warm golds and... French cuts seems to be on a roll!

But what is your prediction for 2015?
Let's vote!!!

A. A NEW CLASS IN CLASSIC: a new type of halo, modern shapes that last forever. Like the setting that will be created for Elysian.

B. BLINGYTAIRE: theoratically a solitaire but with something extra for personal eyecandy. Think about the refined open gallery's of valoriejoy's and eltajin's fiancee rings, the feminine ring of mayk or apacherose's Rose gold ring.

C. MORE THAN RINGS: we mainly see rings on PS but a deep interest for other jewelry can be detected: look at diamondseeker's pendant chain, mom2boys' bracelet, army wife's LAD studs and Jewels by Grace bracelet, cflutist's bracelet by Wink and
EvangelineG pendant.

D. COLOR IS KING: Big colorful business like junebug's diana ring, rosebloom's sapphire/diamond 3-stone), YT's nuclear mint, frekechild's spinel and diamond 7 stone, JoCoJenn Alexandrite) and THE padparadscha sapphire ring.

E. VINTAGE, A NOD TO THE PAST, - mochiko's avr and quest for oec, armywife's ring, maisies ring and band by DK, vinjewels SS 5 stone ring, Circe's Wonkette, oecsareforlovers' ERD ring, jimmiamne's OEC ring.

F. FRENCH CUTS: mais oui!!! See the latest additions like Michelez' ring, DS's and Elysian's bands and Leon's pricewinning ring

H. SOLITAIRE GET's COMPANY: the solitaire will mainly be seen in stacking combinations: look at Elysian, DS and apacherose

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so hard to choose, Acinom! But personally, for me, it will be "more than rings" --I'm concentrating on other accessory purchases in the new year to round out my collection! I am happy to say that DH has already checked off one item on my Christmas wishlist recently! :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting thread Acinom and of course I love any reason for more eye candy even if I don't care very much about trends and such. I always follow my heart with jewelry and style without any thought to if it is "in style" or on trend so to speak. Though I am looking forward to more bling pics here so thank you. :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I know this isn't an option but rose and yellow gold would get my vote.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Niel, yellow gold and rose gold are back in fashion, cuffs will round out the year and stacking bracelets, snake bracelets, snake cuffs and snake rings are in right now, so are rings with more than one stone as the highlight (Toi et Moi rings, three stones, and multi jewelled rings). Colour is always in and I love the fact that bracelets and large statement necklaces and pendants are the new must have items!!!

Green was the go to colour in gemstones in 2014. I think 2015 will be red hot, and blue never goes out of style.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
None of the above. Cabochons & baguettes!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1414929780|3776305 said:
It's so hard to choose, Acinom! But personally, for me, it will be "more than rings" --I'm concentrating on other accessory purchases in the new year to round out my collection! I am happy to say that DH has already checked off one item on my Christmas wishlist recently! :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

What a way to tick off the Christmas wishlist!! I just commented in your new thread. What a gorgeous timepiece :love:
What's next on your wishlist?

I ticked off my boxes in the French cut, blingytaire and vintage area. Soooo... my personal hot topic is 'Color is King' I guess. Colored stones are so much fun: it always seem to have added value :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1414931774|3776309 said:
Interesting thread Acinom and of course I love any reason for more eye candy even if I don't care very much about trends and such. I always follow my heart with jewelry and style without any thought to if it is "in style" or on trend so to speak. Though I am looking forward to more bling pics here so thank you. :appl:

:wavey: What I love about jewelry that a timeless and classic jewelry piece made in 1900 or a gem cut in the eighties can still be worn in 2020. Ofcourse there are 'trends' in fine jewelry but luckily they stretch over a much longer periods then one year. Just like you I am choosing jewelry to fit my personal style and taste. This thread is a nod to the fashion industry and I love detecting 'trends' on PS even if it was already a trend in 2011, like the french cut styles :lol:
More blingy pics coming up Missy :naughty:

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
decodelighted|1414953405|3776434 said:
None of the above. Cabochons & baguettes!

I just love cabochons too!!
I'm not sure I have the intestinal fortitude to venture into a custom CS project....but that would be what'd I'd want.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
warm gold according to niel and arkieb

Thank you for your input niel and arkieb :appl:
Arkieb: do you have some pics to share to accompany your fab jewelry analysis?

Here is some warm gold eye candy. Rose and yellow gold is flattering for many skin colours and can provide a hip and updated look after years of white metal reign:

_23769.jpg

_23770.jpg

_23771.jpg

_23772.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cabochons according to decodelighted and harpertoo

decodelighted and harpertoo predicted the soft and rounded shape of the cab as THE 2015 form. Who would not want that smooth and elegant, yet sturdy stone shape on their finger or hanging on their neck as a beautiful pendant:

_23773.jpg

_23774.jpg

_23775.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I voted for More than Rings. Because people are getting bored of just rings! I am waiting for a YG 1.81ct old cushion solitaire bangle from Grace, so my opinion is obviously biased. :cheeky:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
ForteKitty|1414963212|3776499 said:
I voted for More than Rings. Because people are getting bored of just rings! I am waiting for a YG 1.81ct old cushion solitaire bangle from Grace, so my opinion is obviously biased. :cheeky:

^ ditto on the more than rings vote. Full adornment is the next big thing :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Use of colored stones and pearls. And just good 'ole pearls!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a tough choice! I do think we are seeing more colored stones just due to the fact the old timers can't keep buying unlimited diamonds! I really have most of the classic staple pieces that I want. I am fairly sure I will do a few more rings over time, but I really don't need a huge amount of other jewelry pieces (necklaces, bracelets, and earrings) as I have more than I regularly wear now. I have a rose cut earring project in mind for Caysie. I'd like the Cartier BB so I could alternate it with my TF. Those are my two favorite watches. I still need the matching bracelet to my DBTY necklace.

But really, I think we'll continue to see all of the items you named here on the forum as I think they are all still popular and people are at different points in their collections. I voted vintage, though, because it is related to a lot of the other categories.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the time I cannot get the pics I want to put on here to load properly it is an endless source of frustration.

I agree with the others, bangles, stacking bangles and bracelets and cuffs need their own section as well!!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom, great eye-pleasing thread!

For me, I have no major bling planned for 2015, but, if I did, I might get this:

vatche_grace_0.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am thinking we will see much more variation in 2015 - it won't be the same old but a lot of uniqueness!

In the past few months, I acquired a beautiful mega flower OEC ring from Caysie, a crazy rose gold halo, a rose cut halo ring, a 5 stone OMC band and have been stepping into the bracelet and necklace zone. In the next year, I plan to focus on making more custom designs with different shape loose diamonds (such as a marquise I picked up) and setting my color stones. I am dying to have a Jewels by Grace bangle.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1414963212|3776499 said:

Thus integrating 3 important 2015 trends:
- more than rings
- vintage
- warm gold
:wavey:

RoL: I love your More than Rings and vintage integration: your bracelet is stunning!!

_23793.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1414970118|3776530 said:
HI:

Use of colored stones and pearls. And just good 'ole pearls!

cheers--Sharon

a pearl-world according to canuk-gal

Oh yes indeed :appl:

_23794.jpg

_23795.jpg

_23796.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your contributions Arkieb and Apacherose!

Arkieb: is it possible that the pics you want to post are to big? Even when making photo's with my iPhone I need to reduce them considerably in size.

You have such a good and romantic eye Apacherose :appl:
You posted such a flowing and feminine ring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1414972690|3776539 said:
That is a tough choice! I do think we are seeing more colored stones just due to the fact the old timers can't keep buying unlimited diamonds! I really have most of the classic staple pieces that I want. I am fairly sure I will do a few more rings over time, but I really don't need a huge amount of other jewelry pieces (necklaces, bracelets, and earrings) as I have more than I regularly wear now. I have a rose cut earring project in mind for Caysie. I'd like the Cartier BB so I could alternate it with my TF. Those are my two favorite watches. I still need the matching bracelet to my DBTY necklace.

But really, I think we'll continue to see all of the items you named here on the forum as I think they are all still popular and people are at different points in their collections. I voted vintage, though, because it is related to a lot of the other categories.

Rose cut earrings :dance:
A ballon blue will look gorgeous on you as well as a matching bracelet!
Vintage is such a lovely choice DS.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom: aww, thank you ! I really was not a bracelet person, but I've been converted!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results